why is the worst pain you have had

ik999

had 5 novacaine shots into my big toe.. that was pretty bad..

The shot in the toe is no joke. I have had multiple concussions, a broken hand, broken arm, broken ischium (look it up), smashed up my face and knocked out all my teeth, torn muscles, sprained joints, whatever. But getting that shot(s) in my big toe was the WORST pain I've ever felt.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had 5 novacaine shots into my big toe.. that was pretty bad.

i once had a really bad ingrown toe nail and i took 5 novacaine shots to the big toe, but my body reacts awkwardly to pain because it hurt so bad that i could not stop laughing. it was seriously scaring the doctor. the actual ingrown was one of the worst pains i remember. but the absolute worst was when i was 5, i was running around the house and my mom had just mopped the kitchen floor i ran in and slipped hard and felt like something tore in my knee. i could not walk for 4 days, i was constantly crying and getting carried everywhere.

Tried to climb over a spiky fence, slipped on the way down and caught my finger in the top of the fence resulting in:

809860168_l.jpg

30-odd stitches in my finger, the pain of a dislocated shoulder was worse but there's something uniquely sickening about seeing your own bones...

ok to add to the pain... i had a bonfire tonight with some friends.. i thought this one log was a little too far from the main pit.. picked up.. SIZZLEE!!!! three singed fingers.. not fun digging a pit purposely to cool down ur hands.. thank god for neosporin and burn cream!

watchman that looks painful. When I was about 8 I knew a kid that got run over by a drive-on lanwnmower...buy his Dad! One whole side of his back was like that scar on your hand!

I fractured my wrist in seven places falling from a wall backwards and hitting a tin can when I was 5. Had to get it set (and the cast cut off) twice before the doctors realised it needed pins. That was pretty painfull.

While i'm feeling candid...Cut my ball sack with an electric hair clipper once...fully clipped a chunk out of it and it stung and bled like a bitch. The idea of explaining what I was doing to a nurse was more scary than the wound, but luckily a bandaid and some rest sorted it. Still 'aint anything on pissing stones though-respect.

Def losing a loved one maxes out on the pain scale though.

sacktapping.

actually when i was a little kid, i smacked my head onto a naked nail stuck into the wall whilst in the dark and landed smack down onto the floor.

it bled, and my skull was a bit cracked, had to go to the hospital to get it fixed up.

it sucks major ass when they're sticking a syringe in your head whilst you're still awake.

oneupmanship: stepped on a glass and somehow broke it (barefoot, mind you), and got cut very badly. took a long ass time to heal.

worst pain ever - crippling. you think it wouldn't hurt but when there's some sensation nerve damage is very painful.

being sick with the flu, anemic, and then on an unusually painful period (throbbing head and bodyaches, cold sweat, fainted, vomited, had diahrrea, horrid back ache, with the worst menstrual and general cramps i've ever experienced)--i was balled up in the fetal position when i wasn't hunched over a toilet.

- Twisting my ankle - thus tearing out all the cartilage in my right foot

- Muscle tear along the side of my foot that you can actually see the muscle rolling up and bulge through the skin

- Getting bursitis drained from my right elbow (my elbow blew up like a balloon) when the f**king local anathesia didn't work and I could feel the scissors cutting my skin

- The damn knee sprain I have right now

I heard somewhere that you can not remember pain, you can just remember that you were in pain.

Here is some thoughts on the idea. Along the lines of you knew it hurt bad, but you can not recreate the event in your head.

For me though, the pain of my dog jumping on me hours after getting hernia surgery.

when i was a kindergartener my dad and his friend were re-tiling the kitchen and being the little spaz that i was i kept jumping in and out past the threshold

there was some overturned molding on the ground with a rusty nail through it and a misjump put it two inches deep into my five year old heel

freshman year of uni i got a nasty gash on my elbow which i thought i cleaned out pretty well

didnt really think much of it, got it muddy playing football and got a bunch of gravel in it after going over the handlebars and over thanksgiving break it my whole arm swelled to the point of immobility

turns out id had a staph infection for a while and my shithead doctor cut the infected flesh out sans anesthesia

scalpel to bone is not a great feeling

A few years ago I went to the hospital because I had spinal meningitis' symptoms and got a spinal tap to find out. Well turned out I never had it but the nice nurse from the hospital went too far for the spinal tap and created a hole in my spine that leaked spinal fluid. For a week I was at home wondering what the hellwas up; I couldn't stand up, walk, and it felt like my brain was pushing against my skull (come to find out it actually was, because the spinal fluid was coming out from my brain and that's what cushions your brain). Then had to go back to another hospital to get a blood patch on the same spot on my spine. It took them 26 trys to find a vein to get blood from because I was so dehydrated and then they injected the blood onto the hole on my spine.

Next would be breaking my wrist. 7 screws and 2 plates later it's back to normal.

A few years ago I lost control of my motorcycle an hit the ground going 30mph. Luckily I landed in grass and thus no road rash; however, I did snap my collar bone. I was a bartender and couldn't afford to stop working for long, so I got back behind the bar within a week. My forehead would sweat the whole time due to the pain.

I have a couple:

1. pipe slammed to the face with a broken nose.

2. brother slashes me a couple times with a knife then pushes my mom at me and I fall where he repeatedly punches me in the face until I get KO'd; he fractured his hand and I had a fractured cheekbone.

3. Grade III ankle tear and dislocation.

4. Playing street hockey and getting tripped to knock out my teeth.

5. Getting pushed into a tree and then having 10 stiches to close the wound.

Thats about it, I couldn't really place them in order of "worst pain" because my tolerance of pain was different at each stage of my life.

When I was 10 years old I competed in gymnastics (my mom was too overprotective to let me play serious contact sports) and on the last night when I said I didn't want to participated I blew my ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) out in one hit off the springboard. For the next half hour all I did was scream haha.The problem is though at age 10 you're too young to be operated on. So for the next year my knee would pop out on occasion and be just as tremendously painful and had to wear a knee brace till I could strength the muscles around it. The problem with the knee brace was if you bend your knee too far it TWISTS your fucking leg out and forces it into that position so I made sure never to do that again. Then when I was 16 my MCL tore from the lack of ACL and i had to have surgery to repair it all.

A few years ago I went to the hospital because I had spinal meningitis' symptoms and got a spinal tap to find out. Well turned out I never had it but the nice nurse from the hospital went too far for the spinal tap and created a hole in my spine that leaked spinal fluid. For a week I was at home wondering what the hellwas up; I couldn't stand up, walk, and it felt like my brain was pushing against my skull (come to find out it actually was, because the spinal fluid was coming out from my brain and that's what cushions your brain). Then had to go back to another hospital to get a blood patch on the same spot on my spine. It took them 26 trys to find a vein to get blood from because I was so dehydrated and then they injected the blood onto the hole on my spine.

Next would be breaking my wrist. 7 screws and 2 plates later it's back to normal.

this actually happens ALL THE DAMN TIME with lumbar punctures. i wouldn't get one unless i really fucking needed it (i.e. ms symptoms).

was a line cook / fry cook at a bar & grill -

every friday we clean the machines and take out the oil to the dumpster.

the oil is around 375 or so when it comes out.

the pot had no real top, just big handles.

well, it was winter, there was alot of ice, and no one had salted the walkway out back.

I slipped, and poured the oil all over my arms and legs...

Luckily, I was wearing some jeans so they didn't go through and burn my legs at all, but my right arm was thoroughly 2nd degree - all on my palm and forearm and fingers.

the left had 1st degree over a good part of the palm and some forearm.

it was so fucking painful.

the fact that it was oil and at the high temp. just insulated my skin and cooked it... i had my arm out the window in sub-zero degree weather the whole way to the hospital...

just being in room temperature felt like my arm was roasting... that shit was horrible.

but four 500mg vicodins later... i was feeling gooood.

edit: after a bit of healing time, no scaring, blemishes, marks, or anything.

i got lucky.

I stubbed my toe on my coffee table this morning................ :(

stubbing ones toe when its cold in the morning just flips me out, I shout and throw stuff, fuck, it just really infuriates me and is pretty painful.

I once dropped a concrete slab on my toe ( yeah, why was I barefoot?!?! ), killed.

Other stuff i have experienced to be painful are....

torn neck muscle - not as bad as it sounds actually.

torn knee ligament - nasty

dislocated shoulder - really really stings, once its back in its not too bad if nothing else is messed up but muscle and tendons etc usually are abit "sore".

Extreme cramp - easily my worst ever pain, it was excruciating for an hour and I just screamed. Then it kind of settled but my calf just "locked" itself for 3days. Just like having a rock in there, couldnt move it. Ridiculous. Never experienced cramp like it.