Fred Perry Polos

flyordie

the CDG ones were the same quality as any of my made in england ones. those are typically $70-80 in the states and the CDG ones were about $150 when i even saw them.

i have some shitty striped ones from macau or portugal that i grabbed at a closing sale for $5 each, but those shrunk really weird.

i dont understand this...fred perry is another cheap mans clothing line in the u.k....la coste is 3 times more expensive. ....fred perry was the schoolboys choice cos it was so cheap your parents would buy it for you...if you asked for la coste you would get a clip right arounnd the earhole for your dayum cheek.

http://www.jeanstore.co.uk/search/showitem.asp?1388,0,4,,

Fred Perry RRP £45 but £25 in sale. (which this brand is always on sale when i visit engerland)

http://www.baggamenswear.co.uk/acatalog/Lacoste_Polo_L1212T03.html

LaCoste RRP£50

thats from a 10 second google search and the first two answers. so you chat proper shite rockr for life.

• 10 months later...

I stumbled across a pretty cool store on Melrose here in LA that stocks a fucking absurd amount of Fred Perry, including many of their limited edition items, collabos, etc:

http://www.posers-hollywood.com/index.html

The lady that works there claims they are one of the top 5 largest Fred Perry accounts in the world. They literally have thousands of different items.........love that they have the "60's collar" shirts.

thin_white.lrg.jpg

in aus they are $110... ripoff

If Made-in-Portugal is 110, then I guess it's considered a ripoff.

But that's pretty much the retail of regular made-in-uk ones.

So, 110 isn't bad.

yeah theyre made in portugal... man i've even seen made in china fred perry too!! same price $110... ripoff max.

what about RL and lacoste... theyre both made in china now... well the ones i saw at the local department store. about $70 for RL on sale and $105 for lacoste...

How can this be justified?!??!

i haven't worn a RL polo in years but all cdg x fp polos are made-in-portugal.

that said, they fit larger than the made-in-uks.

also, RL polos come in different styles. custom fit, regular fit, and etc.

even their regular polos have different fits. i remember picking up a polo (black with red mark) from a RL retail store and it fit HUGE compared to the same one i picked up at an outlet.

So,

CDG x FP large fits like American L. But the cut is completely different from the RL ones. RL ones have ridiculously long tails = looks like shit untucked

I personally love my made in england fred perry polos, great fit and last forever. I also have 2 CDG (made in portugal) The fit's not as slim an in my opinion the quality is not quite as good and they don't justify the extra £20, also the recent designs have been pretty weak. I would not even touch other fred perry stuff it is produced under license and the quality is crap as is the generic designs.

Also on the subject it's often worth checking out the sales at the official fred perry stores and on there web site as they have pretty good reductions 50% plus in a lot of cases.