usa :: san francisco :: general

CapitalH

..are you talking legal eagel pieces or straight up vandalism?

sf is still alive and well with both locals and outta towners destroying..

imo new york and sf still have the biggest scenes.

i see what youre getting out before like around 96,97 when the buff was next to none with heavyhitters like KR, amaze, grey, geso, twist, and Some...but i wouldnt call it "dead" by any means.

the farmers market on alemany blvd is the only place wit good graph in sf. the graph scene in sf has really died since 2000.

We're planning a trip to sf set for the middle of october with about a week to amble about.

in addition to the great recs posted, are there any graffiti spots we should know about?

EDIT. also an info on galleries, museums, and vegetarian restaurants would be much appreciated.

museums...you can check out:

*de young

*asian art museum

*SF MOMA

*legion of honor

have fun...

JP

restaurants that weren't mentioned:

zuni cafe (market & gough)

luna park (mission & 18th?)

bacar (brannan)

poleng (fulton)

as mentioned before:

ferry building

marnee thai

art/galleries to pay a visit to:

fifty24 gallery (fillmore, run by upper playground)

whitewalls gallery (speaking of graf, saber is having a show opening in a week)

the shooting gallery (erik otto in july)

111 minna

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to San Fracisco in a few weeks for Rock The bells. Flying in Wednesday night and leaving Sunday afternoon. What are your recomendations for getting around the city? Also, where is a good central location to stay if I want to hit up as many key places as possible? ( Selfedge, Azalea, good eats, etc...)

my top spots in San Francisco are -

1. Delfina

2. Nopa

3. Zuni Cafe

( I like rustic California-esque cooking )

4. Swan's Oyster Depot

5. Namu

6. Bi Rite Creamery

7. Burma Superstar

8. Murasaki ( if you go here, you must only order sushi from the Specials Menu or food from the Specials Menu or your meal will suck ).

9. LA PALMA

10. Bushi Tei

Fuzion Hotel or Hotel Fuzion (near the Mosser, I think, in Union Sq.) isnt a bad choice either. Last time I checked it was <$200/per. Rooms are small, but clean, a/c is kickin', flat screen, comfortable bed. Pretty central location.

In the alternative, I can give you the keys and alarm code to my ex-girlfriends apt. If you could just grab my Weeds DVDs and favorite pillow, we could call it even?

Fuzion Hotel or Hotel Fuzion (near the Mosser, I think, in Union Sq.) isnt a bad choice either. Last time I checked it was <$200/per. Rooms are small, but clean, a/c is kickin', flat screen, comfortable bed. Pretty central location.

In the alternative, I can give you the keys and alarm code to my ex-girlfriends apt. If you could just grab my Weeds DVDs and favorite pillow, we could call it even?

Sounds like a deal... haha I'll check out Fusion though.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

for steak I prefer ruth's chris off of vaness. sizzling butter ...mmmmmm. lyonnaise potatoes are a must. creamed spinach is good too. you gotta order sides separate cause when you order steak, all you get is the steak.

morton's steakhouse is good too. it's off of post. you get to pick out your steak before they cook it. so if you like lots of marble, you get to select a cut with more marble or whatever. your server will give you a earful about different characteristics and other bs.

a lot of sf natives like big nate's off of folsom but my favorite bbq spot is across the bridge in oakland, everett & jones. brisket is on point, so are the yams. the hot bbq sauce tastes the best.

i'm sure i can do without a SF cheesesteak.

thanks for this bump

Come to Self Edge for lunch, i'll take you somewhere real good to eat....

PM me a day or two in advance..

• 3 months later...
for steak I prefer ruth's chris off of vaness. sizzling butter ...mmmmmm. lyonnaise potatoes are a must. creamed spinach is good too. you gotta order sides separate cause when you order steak, all you get is the steak.

morton's steakhouse is good too. it's off of post. you get to pick out your steak before they cook it. so if you like lots of marble, you get to select a cut with more marble or whatever. your server will give you a earful about different characteristics and other bs.

a lot of sf natives like big nate's off of folsom but my favorite bbq spot is across the bridge in oakland, everett & jones. brisket is on point, so are the yams. the hot bbq sauce tastes the best.

just goes to show that SuFu might not be the best advice for food options (try chowhound.com). Ruth's Chris and morton's are 2 steakhouses that are in every city. they used wet-aged standard steak house beef, nothing dry-aged or special. both places are rip-offs

just goes to show that SuFu might not be the best advice for food options (try chowhound.com). Ruth's Chris and morton's are 2 steakhouses that are in every city. they used wet-aged standard steak house beef, nothing dry-aged or special. both places are rip-offs

bravo~

try harris' for some serious dry aged...

bravo~

try harris' for some serious dry aged...

The best steak i've had in San Francisco was at El Raigon.