usa :: san francisco :: general

CapitalH

• 2 weeks later...

My go-to is shoe stop: http://www.yelp.com/biz/shoe-stop-san-francisco

anthony's is also well-known and they do more specialty work, but shoe stop is sufficient. Theyve done quite a few vibram resoles for me, do a good job and cleaning and resoling dress shoes.

anthonys: http://www.yelp.com/biz/anthonys-shoe-service-san-francisco

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anybody been to Ichi sushi and Ni Bar in the Mission? I went and it was meh.

I agree.  I had probably the dumbest waitress i have ever encountered at a higher end restaurant.  It was unreal.  Also, i do not understand the hype.  The food was just fine at their old location, they moved and everybody said it was amazing, so we tried the new location and didn't have one thing that i would go back for.

Edited by kiya

I agree.  I had probably the dumbest waitress i have ever encountered at a higher end restaurant.  It was unreal.  Also, i do not under stand the hype.  The food was just fine at their old location, they moved and everybody said it was amazing, so we tried the new location and didn't have one thing that i would go back for.

That's a bummer... I really liked them at the old location but haven't been to the new one yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Dudes, I'll be staying at the W in the financial district next weekend for my fiancee's 21st. Where do I drink? Or should I take a cab to another area?

uber* do not take a cab anywhere. take an uber. if you need a code for a free ride, PM me or ask anyone with an uber account

In Fidi or walking distance to nearby area:

Higher priced drinks:

-Local Edition*

-Rickhouse

-RN74

-Devil's Acre* (new)

-15 Romolo*

-Bourbon and Branch (a little far from fidi)

-Press Club

Mid tier:

-Old Ship Saloon

-Hopwater Distribution*

-Hogwash*

-City Beer*

-Southside Spirit House

-Garaje* (so good)

Dive:

-Tunnel Top

-Schroeders

I did you a favor and starred my favorites 

Edited by Fycus

• 3 weeks later...

Any Norcal guys wanna tell me how Fresno is? I'm applying there for a UCSF-affiliated program and am seriously thinking about relocating for three years. Is it worthwhile or am I going to regret being that far away from a city?

Any Norcal guys wanna tell me how Fresno is? I'm applying there for a UCSF-affiliated program and am seriously thinking about relocating for three years. Is it worthwhile or am I going to regret being that far away from a city?

It's the worst big city in California from a cultural, air quality, and quality of life index.  (no offense to anybody from Fresno, but it's pretty bad there)

Fresno and bakersfield are the armpits of California, there is nothing on earth short of an absurd amount of money you could give me to live there. From my brief understanding that you've lived all over a world, it would be quite the damper on any cultural enrichment, even if just for 3 years. 

Has anybody eaten at The Progress? I was invited this coming week- Not very excited but would like to hear any recommendations on which courses to choose. 

Edited by Fycus

• 3 weeks later...

raised in modesto :(

Fresno and bakersfield are the armpits of California, there is nothing on earth short of an absurd amount of money you could give me to live there. From my brief understanding that you've lived all over a world, it would be quite the damper on any cultural enrichment, even if just for 3 years. 

Has anybody eaten at The Progress? I was invited this coming week- Not very excited but would like to hear any recommendations on which courses to choose. 

man, i haven't been here in a long while to post. Anyways, I moved to SF from seattle about an year and a half ago. I've been living downtown, and have really enjoyed this city. I move to Barcelona in 2 weeks, and already bummed I'm leaving. However, I won't miss how dirty and disgusting living downtown has been. This city needs a thorough washing 

what specialty are you in? based on that post alone, i think i know what you do. 

i basically keep on exiling myself because of what i do for work and i fucking hate myself for making those poor decisions.

• 3 weeks later...

You'd be 3+ hours away from SF and LA if you don't mind the drive. There is absolutely no reason anyone should relocate there for any amount of time unless you are working for the government base in Lemoore. Or if you're old and retiring. Even then there are better places to go die...

I will say there are other trash places than Fresno. Being raised there, it's not as terrible as everyone else makes it to be. There are too many other bumfuck towns in the state to say it's the absolute worst. 

Edit: Three years in Fresno is too long. You'd be so fucking bored in about a week 

Edited by neptunecitylocal

You'd be 3+ hours away from SF and LA if you don't mind the drive. There is absolutely no reason anyone should relocate there for any amount of time unless you are working for the government base in Lemoore. Or if you're old and retiring. Even then there are better places to go die...

I will say there are other trash places than Fresno. Being raised there, it's not as terrible as everyone else makes it to be. There are too many other bumfuck towns in the state to say it's the absolute worst. 

Edit: Three years in Fresno is too long. You'd be so fucking bored in about a week 

I will definitely agree that there worse "towns" in California, but if you're talking about large cities you've found a place worse than Fresno?  I know you grew up there, but i think others forget that Fresno is a pretty major city and not just a town.   There are towns between Chico and the Oregon state line which are downright freaky and hard to believe you're still in California.

Edited by kiya

what specialty are you in? based on that post alone, i think i know what you do. 

ha yeah i remember you were a resident right? i always got the JPN/USA jetsetter life vibe from you so i'm guessing transplant/vascular surg right 

• 3 weeks later...

should prob skip dolores unless you got some time to kill and wanna day drink or s/t half of its closed down so everything is even mroe crowded esp on weekend - front is good, but sorta in the cut theres not much in dogpatch besides MAC (stock cdg and like engineered garment or s/t p boring) ritual coffee in the mission or the location in hayes is def my fav coffee spot as of late (avoid 4barrel people there suck and baristas are rude as fuck)