usa :: san francisco :: general

CapitalH

I think Ino sushi is very next level. The way chef Ino throws down pieces of ginger and hand rolls of sushi down onto the counter right in front of you is something I've never quite seen before.

I'm talking about the one in Japantown btw (probably the only Ino Sushi in SF)

Edited by onehitwonder

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking at renting an apartment for 6 days through Airbnb. Would Chinatown, Lower Nob Hill or Mission District be best? this is where I've found some within my range 

I eat gluten/dairy free so would be good to be within range of a wholefood type grocery store. 

(first time to the the US)

Edited by quadrant6

Moving to SF in a week; need tattoo artist recommendations in the bay area. Any style so long as they are the top of their game.

Moving to SF in a week; need tattoo artist recommendations in the bay area. Any style so long as they are the top of their game.

Look no further than here: http://theskullandsword.com

(just be prepared for extremely long waits and top tier prices)

Edited by kiya

Look no further than here: http://theskullandsword.com

(just be prepared for extremely long waits and top tier prices)

Dude, thanks. What qualifies as long waits/top tier prices?

Dude, thanks. What qualifies as long waits/top tier prices?

That really depends on who you go with there, if you want Grime you're looking at a wait that is anywhere from 1.5 to 3 years and a rate thats from $250 and up an hour.  Everybody else there has shorter waits and lower rates.

I'm looking at renting an apartment for 6 days through Airbnb. Would Chinatown, Lower Nob Hill or Mission District be best? this is where I've found some within my range 

I eat gluten/dairy free so would be good to be within range of a wholefood type grocery store. 

(first time to the the US)

it all depends on where in those neighborhoods youll be living. but it is san francisco after all, so all your dietary idiosyncrasies would be withing walking distance or a bus ride away. i lived in chinatown which is definitely nongluten friendly if all you eat are veggies. i miss my old spot, expensive and kinda divey but i lived on the top floor with a private rooftop. i used to smoke hella doobies up there.

my view:

transam2.gif

dt.gif

sunset.jpg

Edited by jichan

• 1 month later...

just accepted a job in cupertino and will be moving to SF.  im in LA now, but grew up in NYC.

how the fuck do you find a place to live?  it seems impossible - even worse than manhattan.

any advice?

Do you know someone who can write a check for you in SF? Otherwise, stick to large buildings where the 1 apartment available won't be taken in 30 seconds. Or, come to the city and participate in the open house melee.

just accepted a job in cupertino and will be moving to SF.  im in LA now, but grew up in NYC.

how the fuck do you find a place to live?  it seems impossible - even worse than manhattan.

any advice?

curious why you moved out of NYC to West Coast. what do you think of LA or CA?

grew up in CA and moved to NYC, and i already bitch about this, but man do i miss CA. I think i rather work here than study here. aint no fun with no money at all. 

originally moved out for a woman.  shes gone.

now, its about a job.

curious why you moved out of NYC to West Coast. what do you think of LA or CA?

grew up in CA and moved to NYC, and i already bitch about this, but man do i miss CA. I think i rather work here than study here. aint no fun with no money at all. 

Gonna be in SF next week, staying in some cottage in the mission. Recommendations in great food with decent prices and awesome galleries to visit would be neat!

food in the mission is fucking easy. hit up anywhere on valencia starting around 16th-15th st block and just fatty up. if ur feeling lazy but really hungry just get a super burrito from el farolito, or a Tortas cubana from That's It Market, or even a hot dog from one of the street stands.

made this map too

1999 2.0 

I lived through it the first time, living through it again now.  Thankfully this time around i don't have to deal with the housing shit.  In 1999 i moved to the Mission District, i took me 3 months, full time, 7 days a week , to find a place to live.

I'm over the mission right now, way overrated. Maybe im just jaded but after eating and drinking at a couple different spots I don't see the allure any more. Don't get me wrong, there are still some gems. I'm glad the hipsters are moving to oakland though. ps if anybody wants a job at Fitbit let me know, we have like 60 open positions. 

http://jobvite.com/m?3GoR5gwL

Edited by Fycus

Fuck the mission right now, way overrated. Maybe im just jaded because I dated a hipster chick there, but after eating and drinking at a couple different spots I don't see the allure any more. Don't get me wrong, there are still some gems. I'm glad the hipsters are moving to oakland though. ps if anybody wants a job at Fitbit let me know, we have like 60 open positions. 

My wife is looking for work. PM sent.

I'm over the mission right now, way overrated. Maybe im just jaded but after eating and drinking at a couple different spots I don't see the allure any more. Don't get me wrong, there are still some gems. I'm glad the hipsters are moving to oakland though. ps if anybody wants a job at Fitbit let me know, we have like 60 open positions. 

http://jobvite.com/m?3zYv3gwQ

interesting. what are your favorites around the bay? always down for other recommendations.

i love the mission atm, but it might just be because i live in the suburbs.

http://jobvite.com/m?3zYv3gwQ

do you guys have internships for mechanical engineers?

I was a broke college grad who couldn't afford much and everything was getting snatched up unbelievably fast (like everyone would have their check with a deposit when they went to see the apartment and credit checks all complete and in hand, etc.).  hunted for weeks only before having to settle on outer Sunset.  sucked :/

I lived through it the first time, living through it again now.  Thankfully this time around i don't have to deal with the housing shit.  In 1999 i moved to the Mission District, i took me 3 months, full time, 7 days a week , to find a place to live.

Edited by bentobox

Heading to SF in mid October. Could you guys recommend some tastey Chinese places more so on the authentic side less on the fried X with corn starch sauce Y. Was even shocked by hotel prices in the city. Marriott Courtyard over $300 a night ended up renting an apartment for the week for less.