usa :: san francisco :: general

CapitalH

Going to San Fran with my friend for a day. Next tuesday night/wednesday.

We're staying at the Handlery around Union Square. Can you recommend a place for late night dinner/drinks near the area?

After dinner we're prob gonna be wandering around finding stuff to do depending on the time. Any advice on places to avoid?

would be interested in similar to above, going to be in SF in early November, where's best mexican (contentious question) with nice bars around, I'm guessing in the mission? Up for sufu bro/sister downs too.

• 1 month later...

not sure where to ask this...

but..

Cheep airfare to SF? what airline? i've done 0% of the research i should probably do on this topic.

heard about Allegiance Air being cheap.. or should i just drive

FROM EUGENE OREGON

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i needed a vacation, the depressing uk winter has me yearning for warmer climes so i booked a trip to sf.

anyways, im particularly interested in eating - esp mexican places, street food and coffee. Can anybody vouch for the choices from this article?

http://www.sfweekly.com/2008-07-16/news/san-francisco-street-food-top-ten/

please add any other recommendations.

also, any weird counter-culture/hippie recommendations would be much appreciated.

b_d

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i am flying to SF tomorrow and I'm staying at alexis park hotel in the tenderloin. i am going with a friend of mine and we are both using bikes as our main transportation. is the tenderloin as dangerous as people say it is? will we be straight riding our bikes to taqueria cancun or el farolitos at 12am tomorrow night? i just booked the hotel not really thinking of checking to see if the area was dangerous. we are both 20 year old guys btw. sorry if i sound like a puss. thanks!

anything good happening tomorrow for cinco de mayo?

Go Deep: Let's Wrestle

When

Thu, May 5, 9pm – 10pm

Description

Red Hots Burlesque & El Rio Present

Go Deep: Let's Wrestle

Every First (or fist) Thursday of the Month Sign ups 8pm Wrestling Begins at 9pm

...The moment you've all been waiting for, Red Hots Burlesque SF's Best Bump and Grind have been conspiring with your friends at El Rio to bring you a ALL GIRL MONTHLY LUBE WRESTLING PARTY. No one can resist hot babes covered in glistening sex slick writhing and wriggling in attempts of pinning each other. You can come and watch or be a part of the action. Make a reservation and get ring side seats! email [email protected]

Sign-ups done through the above email and night of event.

LUBE WRESTLING!

Celebrity wrestlers from Belladonna Beauties, Ultimate Surrender (kink.com), The Thrillpeddlers and Yelp.com

Burlesque by: Kiss Me Kate And LA CHICA BOOM!

DJ- Ruby White spins bubble gum, garage rock, girl groups and more (Panty Raid, Sugar Shack SF)

The Menu- GinO is famous for her delicious dishes and for Go Deep! She promises to make them messy.

Prizes from Good Vibrations, Red Hots Burlesque, Bacon and more

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hai, guiz. I'm moving to SF for college and was just wondering how everyone gets around? Car?, BART?, etc. Would it be smart to bring a car or no? Thanks in advance

Depends on where you plan to live. Are you attending San Francisco State, if so parking isn't impossible around that area (but still difficult). But more than likely you'll be riding plenty of BART and MUNI trains.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm attending SFSU. Can you buy a BART/MUNI pass for unlimited rides and shit? Thanks for the info

Ah i see, yeah you can buy a monthly muni pass ($75ish) that you can use unlimited for a whole month. As for BART you can buy BART value passes for any amount you want up to $200 or something like that.

but there instead of buying separate passes for each transportation system, you can buy passes through something called clipper card, it basically loads a bunch of transit passes and/or money onto a plastic card. Read more about it here https://www.clippercard.com/ClipperWeb/index.do

Warning though, transportation in SF can get expensive. I travel from South SF to Downtown SF, back and forth everyday for work, and i spend close to $200 bucks a month.

Yea, I remember BART being especially expensive. I live on campus and such so transportation is not a problem, but I have some friends that live in the Sunset District. Would you happen to know if it's possible to get there on foot? I only have some skateboards right now to get around and will bring my bike later on. Thanks, again

Will be in beautiful San Francisco with my girl this week.

Here's what we have planned so far:

Sleep: hotel in Union Square

Eat: Slanted Door, Kyo-ya, Yank Sing, Bourbon Steak, Bi-Rite, Tartine

Drink: Zeitgeist

See/Do: Outside Lands, Giants game, Alcatraz

Shop: Self Edge, Unionmade, Acrimony, Barneys, Alden Shop, Gimmie Shoes

Any comments or other recommendations? Looking for any of the above, plus good bars/lounges to have a few drinks. Easy to get to from Union Square would be great. Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...