usa :: san francisco :: general

CapitalH

Your lists are near perfect, you don't need any advice at all.

Seriously.

• 5 weeks later...

What are some of the good bars in san fran? I'll be staying in the pacific heights/japan town area in a couple weeks, but any recommendations for good bars throughout the city would be appreciated.

Also is there anything uncommonly interesting happening on (Aug) 20-25?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

so using the magic of search, i figured out the chocolate place i mentioned above is chocolate covered in noe valley. many samples to be had while you shoot the shit with the proprietor, a true new yorker. the slitti dark milk chocolate is beyond crazy, thanks to kiya for that recommendation.

am hoping to do a travelogue of the trip at some point, in which i can recount why it's not a good idea to bike down castro to noe valley from the haight

Was back in SF for 24 hours two weeks ago. Only could do one meal and it was on a major time constraint. Unfortunately Minako Organic Japanese was closed so we hit up Yo-yo Sushi on 16th and Valencia and then grubbed on avocado ice cream at Mitchell's (which has gotten a makeover in the last year or two). Tasty.

db

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know any good vegan/vegetarian restaurants?

This is the best vegetarian Japanese food i've ever had:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cha-ya-vegetarian-japanese-restaurant-san-francisco

If you can get past the fact that it's vegetarian (for you meat eaters, like myself) this place serves some seriously amazing Japanese food.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

yo, will be in SF by tomorrow night till sunday.

anything i shouldn't miss? friends are dragging me out to oakland for the hot chip show, fuck, i really don't want to but they already got my ticket.

i'm looking for easy good eats during the day and party things to do on a thursday and friday night.

want to do a little shopping as well? current spots? thinking i will mostly be around union square and also haight ashbury. will check out self edge of course.

gonna do that zip line thingy they set up too

• 1 month later...

I've honestly never had better fried chicken than Little Skillet.

Damn, Yamo in the mission is awesome. Hole in the wall super cheap Burmese, tea leaf salad is delicious...

I got the mango chicken dish + tea leaf salad last time I was there.

Cost-satisfaction ratio is pretty high but it's nothing special. Mad hype.

• 1 month later...

norbertr first off, don't call it frisco! Check out Revolver on Fillmore, UnionMade on Sanchez and 18th, Levi's on Post, Azalea - on Hayes for APC, Nudie, N&F... There is more but SE is really the only spot you will find something you want or have not seen before.

norbertr first off, don't call it frisco! Check out Revolver on Fillmore, UnionMade on Sanchez and 18th, Levi's on Post, Azalea - on Hayes for APC, Nudie, N&F... There is more but SE is really the only spot you will find something you want or have not seen before.

haha my apologies I only been there once and I guess back then some people called it frisco.. i can understand people cringing at that if its outdated or never appreciated. Would you know of any spots to relax and chill and sit around? What bombers/street art notables did work over there and where? Anywhere in sf or daly city or anywhere in the bay that has a nice cafe or restaurant for brunch/lunch/dinner? Anywhere to absorb the daily life and culture? I mean the only place I really been to over there was haight street and my girlfriend and i would definitely like to see more than that

I'm looking for some good shoe repair in san francisco. the unfortunate thing is that the shoes i want to get repaired have gum soles and aren't the traditional leather shoes that shoe repair stores specialize in.

i need to get them fixed before i go back to ny!

• 1 month later...
Anybody know where the good stores are? Is Haight street, Union square good?

i think this all depends on what you're looking for. if you haven't been to haight it's definitely worth checking out. union square is cool but packed. it's also cool to drop by japan town and walk up to the different shops on fillmore, but like i said it depends on your interests.