usa :: san francisco :: general

CapitalH

Heading to San Fran tomorrow, so many things to see & great eateries but I cant do all that in one day (thats how long im staying :( then back to san jose) but what are some must go-to's as for dinning preferably like a casual lunch place nothing that'll hurt the wallet to bad though

Thanks guyz

Oh ill be around the Fishman Warf something like that

Ah, thats the problem. My family (Aunts,Uncles,Cousins, etc) lives in San Jose, and I live all the way down So Cal so I barely get time to see them only on important occasions like thanks giving and Christmas, but my parents and I are going to spend a day in SF since we haven't been there for ages...

^yup! I can never turn down Mitchell's ice cream even if I'm stuffed full I'll jam it down anyways.

I really dislike Lucky Penny food. I only go whenever im really hungry at night or just blazed.

me too but my sisters love it cos it's cheap and serves breakfast 24/7. my friends would never set a foot in that place, jack in the box on 9th and geary, naan and curry near nikko hotel or bagdad (mmmmm manwiches) cafe is preferable for 4am munchies

[quote name=SAY CAR RAMROD.;1120976

edit: this might be out of left field' date=' but does anyone know of any good pickup soccer games/leagues/fields?[/quote]

soccer-

leagues- norcal athletic. play on 17th b/w franklin and bryant...

http://www.norcalathletics.com/

pickup- everywhere- behind pier 39 (might be 29- look for the circus tents) on the embarcadero. really wierd location for a field in a parking lot but pickup.

saw some dudes in the mission the other night playing some soccer on a basketball court and wanted to play with them.

seriously though soccer is everywhere.

and inner richmond you won't stick out crazy.

where's the best restaurant for indian/pakistani food?

so far my favorite is Aslam's Rasoi on Valencia, im not an expert on indian food or anything but i really love the food there. if anyone has better recommendations i'm really interested in hearing them

There's this place named "Naan and Curry" I think. It is kind of near H&M, but they have the best naan I have ever tasted.

• 2 weeks later...
i checked out sfstation...but tell me what you do on Tues/wed/thurs/fri nights? gonna be in SF the 9-13th. let me know where to go to have some drinks (i.e. get drunk and run around), hear some music, etc.

GRAB an SF weekly or a Guardian there on every corner almost the Weekly is a bit more accurate. This is free and will tell you bout something going on every night and is categorized by genre of music. There is also concerts and art exhibits.

thanks CS, yeah ive been to Dosa twice, its pretty close to Aslam's Rasoi. but personally i dont really like Dosa at all, Aslam's is so much better imo. if you havent been there, i highly recommend it!

Go to Lahore Karahi on 612 O'farrell street between leavenworth and hyde. Get the Chicken vindaloo, it's fire. Homeboy G is always cooking and shows nothing but love in his food (no Mexicans cooking Indian ffod) he has hella awards and before i left for Europe last year he got best of the bay award. This is one of those places us natives tried to cherish but with all the gentrification in our beloved SAN FRAN, i got to be the first on here to give up this info. Any other questions just ask. Once again i should charge for the hidden super gems i have under my belt.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be in San Francisco from Saturday until Wednesday. I've been there a few times but my girl never has. What do you recommend that she should see? We'll be staying in the Haight area so things around there are a good start. Photography, music, shopping, food... Anything interesting is great. Selfedge is on the list along with Union Square because she's never been there. Any other suggestions would be welcome though.

Pirate supplies store on Valencia and 19th.

Also the store next to that.

Arrrrrr!

Do you think they can help me with the Hannah Arendt that I'm reading?

What's next to it?

Do you think they can help me with the Hannah Arendt that I'm reading?

What's next to it?

The name of the store is... 826 Valencia.

Which also happens to be the street address.

The story behind the store is really cool...

McSweeny's, the publishing company, wanted to open a kids creative writing lab on Valencia but the store-front was zoned for retail use.. and they fought with the city for a bit then said "fuck it, we're going to have a pirate supply store in the front then a kids writing lab in the back"..

They weren't expecting any of the pirate supply stuff to actually sell, but they marketed it so well that people actually go there to buy gifts and odd stuff like glass eyes, maps of the lost sea, lard for swabbing the deck, anti-scurvy medicines, etc..