Kicking Mule Workshop

Le Dirte

They look HUGE to me. I think pockets that big look strange on anyone with a 32 or smaller waist.

the pockets are honestly not very big they have a good shape to them and sit great i personally go for smaller pockets (julian red, acne, apc) and i like the size and shape of the kmw pockets.

I guess the pockets are a little bigger than usual (compared to nudies as said), but I think they're smaller than last year's imperials.

the pockets are a very normal size and have looked good on everyone I have seen them on.

p.s. good to have all of you guys back. I was going through withdrawl...

hey kiya,

how are the womens fitting?

I just received my pair of "Rocker" and I absolutelly love them. The fit is right on and love the low pockets as well. It's true to size. The color is lighter than my Jomons even both are from Zimbabwe cotton and use "natural dye indigo. Nevertheless, it's still a great addition to my ever growing denim collection!

They are catering to a market obsessed with boot cut and relaxed fit True Religions. They would say the fit on those was spot-on.

I dont think it has anything to do with who they cater to. They dont even wear the true religions the way they're supposed to be worn. I dont know whether their models suck or what but I've wondered for years why revolve does such a crappy job with their outfits.

so are there KMW chinese and KMW japanese now? or did they just USED TO BE made in china, and now theyve switched to these new ones like blakes, SE, and context has?

correct, there was a contract with the Chinese facilities they used to use and it expired and they gladly moved to Japanese production.

All I know is that I haven't taken mine off since I bought them a week ago. They are also making me a bit vain, everytime I see a mirror I always try to get a glance of myself in it to see that perfect fit.

P3100013.jpg

Blake, I heard you were sick man... That sucks! Rest up and feel better. Peace, Ted.

Thats a hella nice fit you got there. Exactly something I might be looking for. Jus wondering:

Are those the rockers or 1980's? Whats your height, weight, and size?

those are actually the 2010's which no one is talking about on here. They are the wider version of the straight leg. They have done really well for us as well.

those are actually the 2010's which no one is talking about on here. They are the wider version of the straight leg. They have done really well for us as well.

I actually think that for most people, the 2010 and 1950 is probably a better fit than the 1980's and rockers. The Rockers look best on tall, skinny dudes, and the 1980s are more democratic, looking good on dude who may not be super skinny, but are at least pretty fit. The wider leg of the 1950s and 2010 balance out the lower body for bigger dudes, or dudes with bigger legs, but at the same time, the top block is slim enough that skinnier dudes do not look overwhelmed in them. And at the same time, the design of the top blocks for different models is very well chosen to match the shape of the leg. I am really impressed by the entire range.

I have the Rockers (in raw), but am seriously considering either the 1950 or the 2010 as well, for different looks.

Yea, they are the 2010s I didn't want to size up in the 1980s and the rockers are just too skinny for me. I guess I like a more realxed fit jean.

Thats a hella nice fit you got there. Exactly something I might be looking for. Jus wondering:

Are those the rockers or 1980's? Whats your height, weight, and size?

I am 5'11" 150lbs. The jeans are 30x34s. They sit right on my waist and were exactly what I was looking for.

anyone know how much these stretch?

i tried on pair of 30s at self edge and they were pretty damn tight but they fit and i figured they'd stretch some....but wanting to save money, i wanted to get them from either denim bar or revolve for th discount but they only got 31s left...which ithink would fit perfect...but i fear stretching...

anyone have experience with this? im guessing these gotta stretch less than normal denim or unsanforized raw denim...

anyone know how much these stretch?

i tried on pair of 30s at self edge and they were pretty damn tight but they fit and i figured they'd stretch some....but wanting to save money, i wanted to get them from either denim bar or revolve for th discount but they only got 31s left...which ithink would fit perfect...but i fear stretching...

anyone have experience with this? im guessing these gotta stretch less than normal denim or unsanforized raw denim...

what fit are you goin for? if you are doin rockers then def size down one.

Just got my 1980's in the mail from Revolve (can't beat the deal with the 30% off first-time customer code). The denim is much more impressive in person - I can see (and feel) the difference in quality compared to my RRDS and Imperials. They're fairly stiff, yet the denim feels so soft/smooth to the touch. I guess thats the effect of the Zimbabwean cotton. The denim also has a subtle streakiness/unevenness to the color which I think looks fantastic.

The fit is great too. For the record, I ordered my usual size (which is about an inch or so less than my true waist measurement) and, while they were a tad tough to button up, they fit great. Once they stretch about half an inch they'll be perfect.

The back pockets do seem a bit low - they are about the same placement as the pockets on my Imperials (Which are the King model, if that makes any difference). Its kind of odd to have your wallet down that low but I'm use to it from wearing the Imperials.

^^ were they tight when you got them? or did you buy true to size?

I bought them much like "fogg" did. (excellent description of the denim, btw) I bit of a struggle to button up. But once they stretched they are the perfect fit in the waist.

A good example of how they stretch; When I bought these jeans and put on my favorite belt, I was like "s this belt needs one more hole added to it to make it tight enough." Now, after wearing them for two weeks, the belt is still lose with these jeans, but doesn't jangle around like it used to. I would guestimate the waistband stretched half an inch. But I could see how it could stretch more if you wore your pants halfway down your butt. Mine sit on my hips.

The denim is much more impressive in person - I can see (and feel) the difference in quality compared to my RRDS and Imperials. They're fairly stiff, yet the denim feels so soft/smooth to the touch. I guess thats the effect of the Zimbabwean cotton. The denim also has a subtle streakiness/unevenness to the color which I think looks fantastic.

exactly.... stiff yet buttery soft denims

I <3 mules

Yep, I can't get over it. The only denim I've felt that felt the same way was a pair of Rag&Bone that were made from black pima cotton which also makes the denim feel super smooth and soft. The Rag&Bone weren't rigid at all, though.

They feel great too. I wore them to work today and can feel them starting to stretch a bit.

I hate to sound like I work for KMW, but they really put together an amazing package of features for the price. These jeans have a lot of things I thought I'd have to pay at least $350 and probably more for in a pair of jeans: natural indigo, Zimbabwean cotton and to a lesser extent the lined pockets, deer leather patch and silver hardware (all nice touches).