Kicking Mule Workshop

Le Dirte

• 1 month later...

so i picked up apair of the 1950 awa today, actaully pair no 27/50 size 29/34 they fit great but i do need to stretch them a little. With the super future discount they came out to right around 500... but they are the most delicious slubbiest jeans i have ever seen.... I'll try to get full pics up tomorrow....

I wanted to wait till i saw the oni's or the jomons when i go to NYC but the rarity and superfuture discount sold me on these ..... i love them though they are fucking incredible. The construcion is amazing.... felled insemeam, chainstitching around the waist band.

does anyone know how they achieve the alost sloppy looking weave pattern? It' looks all choppy up close but from a distance it's what gives them the streaky appearance.

I wanted to wait till i saw the oni's or the jomons when i go to NYC but the rarity and superfuture discount sold me on these ..... i love them though they are fucking incredible. The construcion is amazing.... felled insemeam, chainstitching around the waist band.

does anyone know how they achieve the alost sloppy looking weave pattern? It' looks all choppy up close but from a distance it's what gives them the streaky appearance.

Hmmm... I was wondering who was buying these puppies. Anyway, the method of dyeing is called hank dyeing.

I assumed the 1950 would be a baggy cut.

Are they raw/unsanforized?

I just pick up a pair, and the 1950s are NOT a baggy cut.

Tag reads: "A classic fit with a mid length rise and a comfortable thigh that tapers just slightly from the knee to the bottom hem." Which describes them well.

I went one size down from from my natural waist, and I was sold instantly. They fit me perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

this was posted in the other kmw thread. thought i'd post it here also.

KMWs 1980s

pics of Kicking Mule Workshop 1980s Raw. These are the made in china ones.

in a Raw State:

http://hotimg1.fotki.com/b/68_34/126_106/DSC00246.jpg

after a 3 hour hot soak in da tub. water turned yellow.

http://hotimg1.fotki.com/a/68_34/126_106/DSC00299.jpg

http://hotimg2.fotki.com/b/68_34/126_106/DSC00296.jpg

made with Japan denim. in China.

http://hotimg2.fotki.com/a/68_34/126_106/DSC00252.jpg

Selvage on the coin pocket.

http://hotimg3.fotki.com/b/68_34/126_106/DSC00251.jpg

http://hotimg3.fotki.com/b/68_34/126_106/DSC00285.jpg

Tagged Waist: 30

Tagged Length: L

Waist: 29

Inseam: 35

Hem: 8.5 (flat)

Front Rise: 9.5

Rear Rise: 14

Upper Thigh: 10

Knee: 8.75

After 3 hour hot/warm soak:

Tagged Waist: 30

Tagged Length: L

Waist: 28

Inseam: 33.5

Hem: 8.0 (flat)

Front Rise: 9.0

Rear Rise: 14

Upper Thigh: 9.5

Knee: 8.75

I really like the fit on these. Looking forward to the made in japan ones that will be dropping this spring.

• 3 weeks later...

We recieved a shipment of Kicking Mules about two weeks ago. We recieved the 2010 in two washes and the 1980 in the rinse. We carry denim from 42 different brands in the store and I personally own over 100 pairs of jeans. I bought the 1980's in the rinse and for me they are the best fitting jeans that I have worn in years. Do yourselves a favor and check them out. This is not a solicitation and I do not have stock in the company! Literally every person who has tried them on has said the same thing and bought them.

Blake is 100% right here..

The Kicking Mule cuts are tops, the construction is amazing, and the denim they're using is great.

We got in the Rocker and 1980 and i can't believe how well they fit.

Blake seems like he got in more cuts than us, if you're in or around Portland, go into Blake's asap and try on all the cuts.

:)

It's official ya'll, The Rocker Numero Uno.

The three store owners and our resident denim snob (sycamore) have all just given the Rocker from Kicking Mule a huge thumbs up.

The Japanese versions are leaps and bounds above the Chinese, but I'm still not very impressed. For the money, I would personally much rather pick up a pair from Flat Head, Samurai or Studio D'Artisan. I don't like the silver rivets or exposed coin pocket selvage, either.

Honestly, the rivets and the coin pocket detail give them a little personality. Fit is always going to be the driving force with me over detailing. I think that is true for most people in the end. People shop by detailing and wash, but ultimately the fit is what makes the jean.

The Japanese versions are leaps and bounds above the Chinese, but I'm still not very impressed. For the money, I would personally much rather pick up a pair from Flat Head, Samurai or Studio D'Artisan. I don't like the silver rivets or exposed coin pocket selvage, either.

leaps and bounds? elaborate. i don't know why people don't like the coin pocket selvage? i think it's a nice touch.

leaps and bounds? elaborate. i don't know why people don't like the coin pocket selvage? i think it's a nice touch.

Made of Zimbabwean cotton, rope dyed in Natural Indigo, fabric produced and tailored in Okayama Prefecture Japan. I think those three things speak for themselves. The natural indigo / rope dying is amazing at that price point., btw.

Oh and the coin pocket selvage seems tacky and sort of ridiculous, imo. Doesn't mean that it is; just personal aestetics. Also, I'm kind of stubborn about having copper rivets. Just a heritage/tradition thing. Not a big deal for 98% or the people on here, but some will actually replace silver with copper by hand.

The donught button fly is sick, the belt loops look just a tad bit on the slim side, back pockets have a nice, clean look and seem to sit very low, the fit seems spot on and I here the details as far as finishing and interior branding is absolutely top notch.

I would still rather have a pair of repros because I think that the original 5 pocket Levi-Strauss design is the best.

Made of Zimbabwean cotton, rope dyed in Natural Indigo, fabric produced and tailored in Okayama Prefecture Japan. I think those three things speak for themselves. The natural indigo / rope dying is amazing at that price point., btw.

Oh and the coin pocket selvage seems tacky and sort of ridiculous, imo. Doesn't mean that it is; just personal aestetics. Also, I'm kind of stubborn about having copper rivets. Just a heritage/tradition thing. Not a big deal for 98% or the people on here, but some will actually replace silver with copper by hand.

The donught button fly is sick, the belt loops look just a tad bit on the slim side, back pockets have a nice, clean look and seem to sit very low, the fit seems spot on and I here the details as far as finishing and interior branding is absolutely top notch.

I would still rather have a pair of repros because I think that the original 5 pocket Levi-Strauss design is the best.

there is nothing left to be said, do you want a job?

All the inside out pocket tells me is that it's inside out . artsy fartsy stylishly engineered ? then give the customer a ooh ahh smirk on the low

So .. did I get the job ?

there is nothing left to be said, do you want a job?

Ha, I've actually been dying to find a job where I could sell people decent jeans in good conscience. I got an offer from Nordstroms and a Lucky Brand store here in town, and I would honestly feel bad peddling Sevens, Diesels and Lucky to people. I wish I could find a decent place that sold decent clothes.

On a side note- the woman who offered me the job at Nordstroms had the nerve to tell me that the Sevens were contructed out of the best denim in the world, and I would be able to pick up a ton of them with my employee discount. :)