oath

enemy soil

aus-rotten

crow

dropdead

INFEST

catharsis

zegota

not too many good mailorders for this anymore because no one is playing it anymore. profane existence has had a GOING OUT OF BUSINESS and a COMING BACK sale every year since 1999. i'm so sick of that dude. there was also that anok&peace mailorder that was the biggest scam ever out of columbus ohio. apparently that dude is mad reclusive but still lives there and goes to shows filled with people he's ripped off.

are they still doing slug&lettuce?

a lot of the dudes that used to roll around that scene still have projects going and a lot of good bands are coming about. GLOOM mailorder is still around and putting out solid releases, deadalive/CRIME mailorder is still going and felix havoc has something decent going once in awhile, but he's usually good at being a washed up asshole.

whoa.. just looked and profane existence still has crudos tees.

• 2 months later...

los crudos are fucking awesome.

as are tragedy. i find tragedy in particular an anomaly....imagine their recordings with polished production. they'd be selling shitloads of records. amazing band though.

check my friends band extortion....fucking brilliant band and dudes.

they dont necessarily fit into this categorisation....but some of you guys will like em based on some of the bands you listed here.

www.myspace.com/extortionextortion

Many bands listed aren't d-beat, but I ain't knitpicking as this ain't a punk forum

yeah, a lot of the above is not d-beat...

some good mail order(for punk/hc...dbeat):

http://www.armageddonshop.com/

http://www.ebullition.com/mailorder.html

https://www.profaneexistence.com/

http://www.soundideadistribution.com/

http://www.625thrash.com/

yes, slug and lettuce is still around.

• 3 months later...
i find tragedy in particular an anomaly....imagine their recordings with polished production. they'd be selling shitloads of records.

They spend thousands of dollars recording their albums, and do sell shitloads of records!

I couldn't resist bumping this thread. I'm not so much into "d-beat" as I am more modern "crust" stuff. His hero is gone is one of my favorite bands, so pretty much any band that rips them off is sweet in my book.

I'll also use this chance to say my band plays metallic crust hardcore stuff, so if you're interested, the link is in my profile!

They spend thousands of dollars recording their albums, and do sell shitloads of records!

I couldn't resist bumping this thread. I'm not so much into "d-beat" as I am more modern "crust" stuff. His hero is gone is one of my favorite bands, so pretty much any band that rips them off is sweet in my book.

I'll also use this chance to say my band plays metallic crust hardcore stuff, so if you're interested, the link is in my profile!

i mean shitloads....if they had released records with those songs, but polished as hell production, they'd easily be selling huge amounts.....no doubt they'd be attracting a totally different type of fan though. i could easily see them being one of the 'big' 'hardcore' bands if that was the case. awesome band nonetheless.

i saw caustic christ when i was 13. awesome time. they did "fuck nazi sympathy" which was my only real memory of the show besides bodies flying everywhere.

a bit more on the hardcore/anarcho side of things.. my friends band, who i think are on hiatus or have disbanded.. An Alarm

www.myspace.com/analarm

Tragedy is like that melodic/metallic type crust(with a d-beat influence of course), like that "modern crust" or a more used term, "neo-crust," bencap is face was talking about. It's one of my fav types of music.Everyone into that should take the time to look into some spanish neo-crust, like Ekkaia and Madame Germen. Shit is intense.

Oh and for D-beat and other rare-to-hear punk terms, just Wikipedia it all. Or say hello to my friends at www.oxbloodoi.proboards53.com for some cool pUnXr0ckz discussion. My username is the same.

All that Crimethinc shit is awwwwful. Catharsis is pretty decent musically, but all the stuff Crimethinc stands for is just ridiculous. This coming from someone who takes Earth Crisis hook, line and sinker.

Also, Ekkaia is dope. One of the few bands playing modern crust I really like. Other fantastic bands worth mentioning in this thread are GREYSKULL (I can up the demo if anyone wants it...or they'll send you a free one if you wrie them) and ATTRITION (from DC). Greyskull is more HHIG-ish stuff; Attrition is just awesome passionate straight edge/vegan metallic hardcore which people who are into hardcore of any type should enjoy.

I always saw greyskull as catharsis worship(the lp was going to come out on crimethinc, oddly enough!), but I think they're waaaay better.

ekkaia is sweet, and there's a young mexican band called biocrisis that's playing a really similar style of crust as all those spanish bands.

the dude from catharsis/crimethic is now in a band called requiem, that play really good melodic, dark heavy crust punk. I played with them a year ago and they blew me away live.

this used to be my life . made over 1g ebay style on 80's hardcore records like Antidote 7'',Government issue 7'' and other obscure jap shit ..

Framtid are the only dbeat/crust whatever band who still blow me away ..

music is music and the attitude that anything outside of the punk scene is not worthy turned me off big time.(well where i live)

• 2 weeks later...