Shopping in milan

absolut

I'm desperately trying to figure out how someone can have 282 posts on this forum and be into Diesel/Zara style...

add g-star to that list too. i make it look good and i dont want to splurge on dior or whatever high brand especially in eu. euro sucks now.

believe me i travel enough to asia to do my shopping there as well. never been to milan i dont know whats there.

If you are in milan, and have dollars to spend, then go to which ever "hi end" brand name that takes your fancy! But don't forget to keep the reciepts for your tax refund at the airport!

If you are willing to explore there are plenty of smaller shops around Duomo with their own labels and sometime you find extremely well designed/made clothing at a fraction of the cost, and all "made in Italy"

milan is a shopping mecca if you are Berlusconi. It has a very high concentration of the highest-end brands, such as louis vuitton, versace, gucci, and dior, but doesn't cater much to those who are on a zara/diesel budget. You're better off in florence or bologna.

yes this is the mecca.

where do i start? on a budget, looking for price range and style along diesel/zara.

if you want brand little known you can go in Viale Torino/C.so di porta ticinese where they sell april77/acne/gas(italian jeans)/energie(italian jeans)/carhatt/stussy and much more.

if you want some highest-end brands you can go in Via Montenapoleone/San babila/Via San andrea where you can find LV/Gucci/Dolce&Gabbana/Armani

Diesel jeans you can buy at Jdc near cathedral or at diesel flagship store in Corso venezia near jdc

Just remember not to carry any fakes when you go to Italy. If caught, you will be subject to heavy heavy fines even though it is for your own personal use and you have no intention of selling it.

wtf, are you serious?

Just remember not to carry any fakes when you go to Italy. If caught, you will be subject to heavy heavy fines even though it is for your own personal use and you have no intention of selling it.

umm... this is NOT my experience. not sure what you're talking about. there's fake shit all over the place there.

^^

while this may have been reported, the scenario you describe would be practically impossible to inforce given the amount of fake shit that leaves that country.

Hmm on the contrary, some time back, I returned some designer goods to an online retailer in Italy. It was stuck in Italy customs for months. I do not know whether they eventually got it back. It could still be stuck there.

• 1 year later...

Milan shops

contrary to popular belief, there are a few excellent shops in Milan depending on what you're looking for. while 98% of the city might be covered in Armani and Prada, here are a few gems:

Slamjam - one of the few and probably the only credible streetwear store, highly out of place in this city. Think Visvim, Neighborhood, Unrivaled etc etc.

Antonioli - acclaimed fashion boutique housed in an old movie theatre in the heart of the beutiful Navigli area. goods range from Ann Demeulemeester to Rick Owens to Dries Van Noten, definately one of the best shops in Milan.

DAAD Dantone - epic menswear boutique with two locations, one of the best selections in europe. Carol Christian Poell, Attachment, Yohji Yamamoto, Comme Des Garcons, Rick Owens...

10 Corso Como - legendary concept store with an immense range of designers. the contents of this store vary a lot, but its most surely worth a visit.

• 9 months later...