60's/70's Soundtrack music/ bossanova /nu-jazz/ lounge

Guest jmatsu

do you have oink? if you do, you can pretty much browse for all the genres you''ve just listed.

bossa nova, some of my favorites are:

1. Joao Gilberto: Amoroso/Brasil

2. Elis Regina: Elis and Tom

3. Astrud Gilberto: Finest Hours

for compilation: Gilles Peterson: In brazil classico "good intro for more obscure bossa nova/tropicalia"

Lounge/French Pop:

Serge Gainsbourg "anything"

Francoise Hardy

Xavier Cugat "wkw uses alot of his latin/samba music in his films""

Downtempo/Lounge

Stephane Pompougnac: Hotel Costes series

Koop: Waltz for koop/Island blues

Gotan Project

Dimitri from Paris

DJ CAM

DJ KICKS series

Kid Loco

Fantastic Plastic Machine

Kruder and Dofrmeister

Thievery Corporation

Verve Remixed "jazz gets remixed"

I like these kind of music but after a while the sound can get water down. Dont download anything that says "Chill out" or have album covers of some stylish girl. Except for the hotel costes series. It''s great background music though.

Guest jmatsu

thanks. i wouldn't mind alittle more rarer and recent (i know the new koop is pretty new...)stuff though. i was a pretty big fan 5 years ago. i've just been out of the game.

oh, and i would consider mr. cugat more exotica, no?

lisa ono? she's so fucking good its crazy, every album, every song.

i also like this singaporean girl based in japan- olivia ong, don't know if anyone's ever heard of her but she's been producing some pretty nice stuff.

btw, i recently heard this bossanova-esque remake of no woman no cry. anyone know who that's by?

i also like this singaporean girl based in japan- olivia ong, don't know if anyone's ever heard of her but she's been producing some pretty nice stuff.

btw, i recently heard this bossanova-esque remake of no woman no cry. anyone know who that's by?

Olivia is getting a ton of airtime in Bangkok. Every you go, the hear her album "A Girl Meets Bossnova" on the speakers in all the True Concept Stores and all over the outdoor chill-chill hangouts in Thong Lor.

I love her covers of Lovefool (Cardigans) and Driving (Everything but the Girl) and Sweet Memories.....

just some albums which could fit the description from my playlist:

Michel Petrucciani - The blue note years

Stephane Grapelli & Michel Petrucciani - Flamingo

Carlos Lyra e Dulce Nunes - Pobre Menina Rica

Gabin - Gabin

Sunaga Tatsuo - Style #12 Organ b. SUITE No.1 A tatsuo Sunaga Live Mix

Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66

Roy Ayers - Mahogany Vibe

Guest jmatsu
just some albums which could fit the description from my playlist:

Michel Petrucciani - The blue note years

Stephane Grapelli & Michel Petrucciani - Flamingo

Carlos Lyra e Dulce Nunes - Pobre Menina Rica

Gabin - Gabin

Sunaga Tatsuo - Style #12 Organ b. SUITE No.1 A tatsuo Sunaga Live Mix

Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66

Roy Ayers - Mahogany Vibe

the sunaga t experience is tops.

gabin is pretty good, but i only got the new album for the nicola conte remix.

the first 3 artists i admit to being ignorant about.

Guest jmatsu

she's alright, but there is no real sense of lounge-kitsch in her productions. she reached an all time low when she did some hawaiian music. her dad's bar kind of suck's too.

Guest jmatsu
serge gainsbourg is fucking great.

i'll say Giorgio Moroder

you're right serge gainsbourg is god.

giorgio moroder while great has nothing to do with this thread. he belongs in either the electro thread or the italo-disco one.

c'mon carl do you goddamn fucking job.

Guest jmatsu

mp3 link pretty please..

Great fuckin' topic, jmatsu! I love 60's, 70's Italian film soundtracks, crime-funk, lounge, hard jazz etc. www.moviegrooves.com is your best friend! You can listen to snippets of songs too. I particularly like the following composers.:

Piero Piccioni

Bruno Nicolai

Stelvio Cipriani

Piero Umiliani

I could hook you up with some stuff if you would like. +rep for you just for starting this thread

www.othermusic.com

It''s a music store in nyc, they have a great collection of "La Decadanse"

"Music for the chaise longue between your ears. Sophisticated pop stylings spanning the globe, baroque, decadent (bien sûr!), twisted and sublime. Artistes in residence include Serge Gainsbourg, Françoise Hardy, Nico, Momus, Brigitte Fontaine, Scott Walker, France Gall, Benjamin Biolay, Jorge Ben, Vinicius Cantuaria, Milton Nascimento, and The Divine Comedy. Here you'll also find exotica, Moog, slinky soft-core soundtracks, and other kitschy sounds. Slither into a groovy compilation...be it Easy Tempo, Mo Plen, Sushi 3003, Inflight Entertainment, etc., your every need will be met. Is that absinthe in the martini shaker?""

You can check out their latest release/re-issues:

http://www.othermusic.com/perl-bin/OM/html_proxy.cgi?filename=/decadanse-db/decadanse.html&ID=2752879.11832

Guest jmatsu
Great fuckin' topic, jmatsu! I love 60's, 70's Italian film soundtracks, crime-funk, lounge, hard jazz etc. www.moviegrooves.com is your best friend! You can listen to snippets of songs too. I particularly like the following composers.:

Piero Piccioni

Bruno Nicolai

Stelvio Cipriani

Piero Umiliani

I could hook you up with some stuff if you would like. +rep for you just for starting this thread

did you ever subscribe to the italian mag: in lounge? very good. 7"s and cds included.

i love your list. you forgot to pay hommage tot he maetro though. morricone?

i assume you dig library music as well...

did you ever subscribe to the italian mag: in lounge? very good. 7"s and cds included.

i love your list. you forgot to pay hommage tot he maetro though. morricone?

i assume you dig library music as well...

I've heard of the mag never subscribed. Morricone is a given! That's why I didn't mention him, haha. Yeah I dig KPM, De Wolfe.

Guest jmatsu
I've heard of the mag never subscribed. Morricone is a given! That's why I didn't mention him, haha. Yeah I dig KPM, De Wolfe.

sorry, it was a given.

lately i haven't really been purchasing shit. i still go back to some of the stuff i have off of sirocco, blackcat, plastic, cinevox, and easy temp (rip) and i still listen to some random japanese shit (i want to get some old jap soundtracks, but i only own the common issue releases).

lately for library, i admit to buying shawn lee's ping pong orchetra. that's about it.

i remember whenshibuya/ harajuku wasn't street. everyone was trying to be shibuya-k, bitches dressed like yeh-yeh girls, and readymade records was god. better days... then now at least.

• 6 years later...

^both awesome! Didn't madlib/Quasimoto heavily sample sav planet?

Latest soundtrack shit I listened 2 was krzysztof komeda's culdesac and a bunch of Vietnam jerk stuff

Edited by SSchadenfreude

• 2 weeks later...