Sign in to follow this  
witts

EDWIN jeans

I'm interested in a pair of Nashvilles. Are these the kind of jeans you don't wash and they develop natural fading and whiskers? If anyone has, I would like to see some extra pictures of the Nashvilles as the ones on ebay don't show much.

ill do some for 2mora. i cnt b botherd now. i have a cold and im tired an ill use a decent camera

image_346_7245.jpg

Re first brand to offer ring-ring - Levi's Japan were producing ring-ring selvage 502 jeans in 1987, only a couple of years after Cone shelved their own looms (I think the last Cone selvage 501s were made in 1986, havne't checked tho); most people think Evis started producing the same year; Edwin had selvage by 1988, but could well have been earlier. I'd liketo know when.

But most people in the industry I've spoken to cite Adriano Goldschmied's Rivet range as being the first 'retro' selvage jean, definitely predating Evis and Levi's Japan. That said, these were all ringring selvage jeans, and there are doubtless companies who kept producing ringring denim, albeit on wide looms, right through the 80s; Replay were one of the first companies I know of to emphasise the term 'ringring', I'd be interested to know when though.

Quote:

Edwin rainbow selvedge pre-washed.

front2.jpg

backpocket2.jpg

--- Original message by coolhunter on Jun 15, 2005 02:07 PM

Where did you find these? do you know model number?

I have seen some ED69 Pre washed Rainbow, but don't appear to have the detail on the back pocket.

Cheers

bumpin this up cause im curious which edwin has rainbow selvage

what are those above me?

nice wash too

damn those are fucking awesome. whats the pirice and whereabouts did you get them?

I have a pair of ED-47s, the rainbow selvage ones, from Grandism.

They're pretty good. Denim quality seems lower quality than my Nudies, but, I guess I don't really know.

They only had size 34-36 so I have to get them hemmed, because I think cuffed jeans look dumb. I probably should've just gotten the non-selvage version icon_smile_tongue.gif

^^

are there any that has the same stiching at the back pocket and wiht the rainbow selvage but without wash?

thanks

^^^

with the selvage looking line at the back pocket?

i've been looking around havent seen any just normal back pockets

thanks i'll try hard lookin for some ed 47s

i shouldve bought them dfamn things on grandism while i had the chance.

Quote:

I have a size 34 I may sell.

--- Original message by minya on Sep 13, 2005 07:16 PM

AHHHHHHHHHH SELLL TO MEEE!!!!!!!!!

I can't take any pictures because my camera battery charger is fucked. icon_smile_sad.gif That said, they look pretty identical to the pics on the Grandism site, except stretched out somewhat. I've worn them like 2-3 weeks total time.

VVVV ED-47, the rainbow selvage one.

Edited by minya on Sep 13, 2005 at 07:25 PM