EDWIN jeans

witts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re first brand to offer ring-ring - Levi's Japan were producing ring-ring selvage 502 jeans in 1987, only a couple of years after Cone shelved their own looms (I think the last Cone selvage 501s were made in 1986, havne't checked tho); most people think Evis started producing the same year; Edwin had selvage by 1988, but could well have been earlier. I'd liketo know when.

But most people in the industry I've spoken to cite Adriano Goldschmied's Rivet range as being the first 'retro' selvage jean, definitely predating Evis and Levi's Japan. That said, these were all ringring selvage jeans, and there are doubtless companies who kept producing ringring denim, albeit on wide looms, right through the 80s; Replay were one of the first companies I know of to emphasise the term 'ringring', I'd be interested to know when though.

• 2 months later...
Quote:

Edwin rainbow selvedge pre-washed.

front2.jpg

backpocket2.jpg

--- Original message by coolhunter on Jun 15, 2005 02:07 PM

Where did you find these? do you know model number?

I have seen some ED69 Pre washed Rainbow, but don't appear to have the detail on the back pocket.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I have a pair of ED-47s, the rainbow selvage ones, from Grandism.

They're pretty good. Denim quality seems lower quality than my Nudies, but, I guess I don't really know.

They only had size 34-36 so I have to get them hemmed, because I think cuffed jeans look dumb. I probably should've just gotten the non-selvage version icon_smile_tongue.gif

I can't take any pictures because my camera battery charger is fucked. icon_smile_sad.gif That said, they look pretty identical to the pics on the Grandism site, except stretched out somewhat. I've worn them like 2-3 weeks total time.

VVVV ED-47, the rainbow selvage one.

Edited by minya on Sep 13, 2005 at 07:25 PM