Vice's Global Trend Report

freshtakk

Vice is from Montréal but unless they're kidding they haven't been around lately. I just asume they are so that's allright.

Texts are funny though..

BOYS The ratio of really hot young females to males in Montreal is about 21362:1. So boys here can stand around with their close-cropped, messy hair, pubescent peach-fuzz face, and a little Quebecois tackiness and still get laid. Montreal guys balance out the thrift-store stuff like the cap/scarf one-piece and the DIY Montreal hippie-craft silk-screen t-shirt with some high-end European labels and local designer stuff, like a cardigan from Dubuc or a Philippe Starck watch. Jeans are slim-fit Scandinavian-style in darker tones. Boys don’t like spending too much on shoes because the Canadian winter conditions kill them. Big bags are essential for swapping your outside shoes for inside shoes when you arrive at a party. Yes, boys in Montreal really do that.

GIRLS For Montreal girls the tailored 60s ye-ye look is huge. Scarves are big, generally tried-and-true hand-me-downs from grandmothers who have survived previous Canadian winters. Plaid is pretty popular. Skirts are wool and high-waisted, and dark wool leggings are popular. Bags are big and bulky. Many are the patchwork-leather Quebec rock kind that still smell like their original 1980s chainsmoking, bingo-playing owner. Sweaters are puffy and sequined. Necklaces are often DIY, with girls breaking up old earrings and pendants and putting them on a chain. Hair and makeup are natural, and girls are more into eye makeup than lipstick. Bras are optional. Those who wear them go for vintage girlie ones from liquidation places like La Belle Renée.

VICE mag's quality has dropped a lot in the last 2 years...

Funny though, I don't think I've seen a single person in melbourne dress like that?

And I know of only about two stockists for cheap monday in Melbourne?

Vice is from Montréal but unless they're kidding they haven't been around lately. I just asume they are so that's allright.

the shoes thing is so funny though, cause i have a couple friends who do that and i always argue with them how stupid it is to carry around a second pair of shoes just to wear inside...

• 2 weeks later...