Sign in to follow this  
JTSO23

I'm going to Tokyo for Spring break! Help!

I'm going to Tokyo for the first time. I'm going to be there for a week. What places must I stop by to shop, eat, do, and hotel recomendations? I am going with 2 other friends who have also never been. I'm pretty into streetwear fashion and do collect shoes such as sb dunks, jordans, air maxes, etc. I'm pretty much looking to find things exclusive to Japan where I wouldn't be able to get in the States. I'm open to any and all opinions and suggestions. Thanks guys.

we should hang out :)

ill be there from the 6th...

the question the OP asked is way too general

japan exclusive streetwear?

hmmmmm. hard to find streetwear?

-resonate goodenough (available @ ELT)

-F A T

-mad hectic and masterpiece(@ real mad hectic)

-CLS (pronounced "CYCLE"; forgot the retailers)

-rebirth / whiz (@ lump)

-revolver

-core fighter

that's all i can think of for now

oh yeah

UNTOLD

really sexy stuff but NO RETAILERS IN TOKYO

visvim collabos coming soon

shoes: mita sneakers, LA avenue, atmos, chapter world, and those super-tiny stores on the same street as the OG BWS

levi's vintage collection store / tab device: japanese exclusive levi's

hotels are getting booked fast

if you are going in march, you gotta ACT NOW. (if you are still in the preliminary planning stage, id say you are fucked)

I am going april 1-8th. I love denim too. My friends love handbags so hopefully there will be some exclusive LV Murakami pieces. BTW I am a girl so keep that in mind. I don't want to stay anywhere too scary or dangerous.. i'm looking to spend around $200 a night with 2 other people. Thanks for the advice herpsky!

x-girl

hmmm what else

You will find a lot of what you are into around Harajuku. There you will find Bape, Supreme, Neighborhood, and a bunch of sneaker shops. I was amazed that noone was in those stores over there. I saw people queueing at Porter and Lad Musician. I stayed in Shibuya, which I would recommend. I would not recommend Roppongi unless you don't mind spending twice as much for food and drinks.

i would recommend staying in azabu-juban. it's close to roppongi and accomodations will be cheap. or try staying at a gaijin house or something of that nature.

co-sign on hanging out in harajuku whilst in tokyo. also, check out "ura-hara", which translates to "hidden harajuku"--the backstreets of harajuku. there you will find the bleeding edge of tokyo fashion. just walking around, you will see so much fashion (in stores and on people) that it will make your head spin.

there's a bunch of information in the superjetset forum also- just search tokyo and you'll find a lot of threads - granted they're more tailored to the male crowd.

don't want to stay anywhere too scary or dangerous..

in japan? :confused:

you're in more danger walking the streets of nyc than tokyo

and yes, this definitely belongs in superjetset. there's a wealth of information already on there...

How do I get this thread moved to superjetset or should I just start another one there?

How do I get this thread moved to superjetset or should I just start another one there?

You could ask Minya or Haptronic to move it for you.

I would not recommend Roppongi unless you don't mind spending twice as much for food and drinks.

Home of the US $12.50 pint of Guinness. St. Patrick's Day was expensive for me last year..........:eek:

Home of the US $12.50 pint of Guinness. St. Patrick's Day was expensive for me last year..........:eek:

but you got laid there, right?

then that's a fucking cheap glass of beer

Guest jmatsu
I'm going to Tokyo for the first time. I'm going to be there for a week. What places must I stop by to shop, eat, do, and hotel recomendations? I am going with 2 other friends who have also never been. I'm pretty into streetwear fashion and do collect shoes such as sb dunks, jordans, air maxes, etc. I'm pretty much looking to find things exclusive to Japan where I wouldn't be able to get in the States. I'm open to any and all opinions and suggestions. Thanks guys.

for sneakers just go to chapter or fuckin abc shop. for hotels i recommend

tokyu stay shinminami guchi. it is in shibuya. around 80us dollars a night. kitchen and washer/dryer are included. if they are all booked stay in their locations either in yoga or yutenji (very convenient). you can probably buy all the major street labels in america.

don't go to harajuku. that place sucks.

Guest jmatsu

if you pay me 40 bucks a day, i'll pretend that your a friend of mine. then you can stay at my mom's. sorry... she has a boyfriend already.

if youre looking to shp, try americamura its near osaka, trainfares are horrible

I cheated and got this when he was in Richmond over the summer... the flash threw the colors off a lot

Work is great, comparable to Timothy Hoyer

thigh.JPG

on of the things i love about japanes tattooing is the fades, you ever checked out yellowblaze in yokohama, the guy who set that up is fucking amazing

on of the things i love about japanes tattooing is the fades, you ever checked out yellowblaze in yokohama, the guy who set that up is fucking amazing

never seen it.. have a link?

I'm always looking at pictures of the body suits a lot of the people in the japanese mobs have

wow, that guy is great thomas! The colors are amazing. I wish I could afford a tattoo before leaving Tokyo... I doubt it'll happen though :(

Are in tokyo now, btw?

nah not right now, some family shit came up and i had to be present here for a bit..

although a strange change of fate, it seems ive managed to secure alot more money and stuff, so im gonna try and get out soon..

when you going back home?

Going back home soon. I don't like this city and contrary to you, I seem to have lost all money.

lol mate..

well.. ive got reasons to be out there other than just banging j girls.. ie. art scholarship, so im not 100% decided on tokyo or osaka yet (depends which art school i like best)..

what arent you liking there?