1. 1. which coast is better

• west
    • east

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NYC maybe, but Philly being better than LA and San Fran? :confused:

i'd rather LIVE in philly than either of those. IMO LA and San Francisco are fun to visit, but saccharine.

however, i'd live in any one of those four cities before i'd live in a lot of the others on either coast.

Boston over any crappy pukeburg like NYC, shit them.

Oh, and Boston over the West Coast, too. Anything over California, really.

I'll take west coast because people don't talk like that over here.

right, you'd say "california is like a cultural, like, wasteland, like, polka-like-dotted with, like, pockets of like, integrality, and the northwest is like, hella full of granola-muching self-important like, dudes that a dirty spic from new york city like, just wouldn't understand. i so like, need to like, drive down the block to like, get a bottle of water."

right, you'd say "california is like a cultural, like, wasteland, like, polka-like-dotted with, like, pockets of like, integrality, and the northwest is like, hella full of granola-muching self-important like, dudes that a dirty spic from new york city like, just wouldn't understand. i so like, need to like, drive down the block to like, get a bottle of water."

Pretty close dude.

Guest youngteam

i've learned that if you say 'no hate' after a hate-filled diatribe, stupid people think what you said isn't actually hateful. similarly, offline i preface my rants with 'with all due respect.'

Man, I don't know. Alot of this east coast shit seems so contrived (as does much of the socal shit though). Aside from some cats like OMC etc I get a lot of a "lol new york is cool right, then I pick new york!" type of shit. I know new york is a lot of transplants, but what makes new york have its rep is more of the born and raised type, who know everything from where the best gyro is to where to score the best weed, etc.

Hope that made some sense.

Man, I don't know. Alot of this east coast shit seems so contrived (as does much of the socal shit though). Aside from some cats like OMC etc I get a lot of a "lol new york is cool right, then I pick new york!" type of shit. I know new york is a lot of transplants, but what makes new york have its rep is more of the born and raised type, who know everything from where the best gyro is to where to score the best weed, etc.

Hope that made some sense.

wow.

are you originally from seattle? can i give you an honorary new yorker card?

you're so level-headed.

have you ever protested something while wearing a balaclava?

do you shop at a green market, yet blow tons of money on starbucks?

i just... i never realized there might be normal, genuine people up there.

i'm so happy right now.

EDIT: i even know where to get a gyro with high-quality weed in it.

wow.

are you originally from seattle? can i give you an honorary new yorker card?

you're so level-headed.

have you ever protested something while wearing a balaclava?

do you shop at a green market, yet blow tons of money on starbucks?

i just... i never realized there might be normal, genuine people up there.

i'm so happy right now.

EDIT: i even know where to get a gyro with high-quality weed in it.

i love seattle. starbucks isnt even that expensive, about the same any other coffee shop. but Wholefoods are expensive :[

honestly though, even though i love seattle... i would say culturally (generally speaking) i would say east coast. The only thing i really dont like in East coast is that everybody is in a damnnnn rush and hurry. everybodys gotta get somewhere. Maybe i've lived in the NW too long but i like that people here we can just relax and sit and sip on coffee for hours and have a cigarette and not be in such a hurry.

artificialsky that doesn't matter to me, really. i'm just impressed that someone from the west coast complimented new york city in such a genuine way in this thread.

my belief is, once you've learned where to get good weed gyros, amongst many other things, you are reborn as a new yorker. your hometown becomes a distant memory, and all that matters was that scary first step you took on cracked concrete, and how much you've grown from that point to knowing where to score a ganja n' lamb sandwich.

you want white sauce with that, artisky?

(i'm sure the same experience happens in other immigrant cities, so i am not trying to claim that as something uniquely new yorkese.)

what I DO hate is people who move somewhere and live there in an insular way and don't explore everything the city has to offer. like, i'd never move to silver lake in california and never leave my little hipster city. plenty of people come to NYC and never venture out of Manhattan, and that sickens the fuck out of me. you're just a fucking long-term tourist, then.

In that case I was raised on the east coast. Fucking Atlanta.

Don't know how cheap feels about this, but the southern half of the east coast is incredibly disconnected from the part that most people think about when someone mentions "east coast", i.e. nyc boston philly.

OMC-

i'll paypal you 10$ for my NYC resident cards processing fee.

-never protested, I'm too apathetic on the most part. which is kind of a character flaw

-Starbucks... tastes like shit to me. Maybe it's because I only drink black coffee really (UH OH SEATTLE EFFECT)

-I shop at safeway. Ghetto safeway actually, the one right by where Bundy had his fun like killing sprees. I pretty much only buy, eggs, orange juice, tortillas, cheese and english muffins. I have no idea why I just told you that.

-Not originally seattle. I've kind of moved around, which probably has something to do with my feelings towards locale. I'm a collection of living in the south, the midwest, and the west coast.

If you ever make it out to Seattle, let me know, I'll try to show you it's good side.

I'm with you on that :D We should start a thread "how do i score underage mob chicks?" (of course in the new supersecret forum)

is the supersecret forum supersafe from being considered superconspiracy to perform superstatutory rape?