Classical Music

tweeds

• 1 month later...

For those who read the Tempest by Shakespeare, have you seen the baroque/opera? I put Arise, ye subterranean winds in the dropbox, it's the movement No. 3b.

I hope you don't mind a bit of Opera, because I love it.

Edited by Mr.Sander

I can't seem to access the dropbox, it says its too full or something..

have you two uprgraded to a larger folder or something, considering you both are in the sufu movie club as well!

Jack used the "legal" way to upgrade his account by recruiting a lot of ppl on dropbox from sufu.

What I did? Created few fake emails on yopmail, took me 10 minutes in total using another computer and added like 4gb to my account, I may reach the limit when I will not be too lazy to do it. 

Edited by Mr.Sander

Hi guys.  I added a second recording of Bach's B Minor Mass (Philippe Herreweghe / Collegium Vocale).  The two versions in the Dropbox are supersuper different.  

I don't think I can think of a piece of music I like more than B Minor Mass...

If anyone in NY wants to see some concerts hit me up - don't have anyone in town to go with reliably.

Hi guys.  I added a second recording of Bach's B Minor Mass (Philippe Herreweghe / Collegium Vocale).  The two versions in the Dropbox are supersuper different.  

I don't think I can think of a piece of music I like more than B Minor Mass...

If anyone in NY wants to see some concerts hit me up - don't have anyone in town to go with reliably.

Great thank you I really wanted to hear another version but did not really search online !

\

I wanted to see Nutcracker but the price is soooo expensive in London :! I missed the release :/

• 4 weeks later...

that's a pretty list, and some pieces I don't know, like the Respighi piece, and the Chairman Dances.

I'm just a little concerned that a work like Götterdämmerungcould be a little too much for someone who is developing his taste in music. Actually, I think Wagners operas in full only work on stage. Sitting on the couch and listening to the Ring des Nibelungen is not something I would recommend.

And I love Ravels Shéhérazade too :)

I agree with you. Wagner's operas on a whole need the stage presentation for the full effect. This is gesamkunstwerk, after all! However, I think individual selections from many of the operas work well for couch-listening.

when i have the privilege of hearing a live interpretation from knappertsbusch or tennstedt, i'll dismiss recordings

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...