PRPS

testconditions

They also have these available at Bloomingdales... I tried on a pair yesterday and I really do love the fit. The raise is a bit longer than on APC's which I personally like, but the overall jean is still slim fitting. The denim itself I thought wasnt great quality, but I someone enjoy a more slubby texture to my jeans. just thought i'd add my .02

I think you're more referencing to the fact that the denim isn't extremely heavy. This denim was primarily made for the spring/summer season.

Personally, I think it's excellent denim. And the small details (like the purple pocket) add to this fact.

^There's a thread about this 'new fit' already

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=23348

...as well as several (many) other exisiting threads about PRPS. I've tried on this 'new fit' and they fit me quite dopely, but in general PRPS doesn't get much love in SuFu; because they're made in Japan, but not actually Japanese owned and operated; since they often do such wacky, contrived washes; and because they're an unexpectedly decent offshoot of a gaudy, hip-hop brand; Akademiks (sp?). Because of that hip-hop popularity, unless you're really educated about their telltale details, it's best to err on the side of any PRPS found on ebay, being fake.

That link you provided is the same topic, and I hope you were being sarcastic when you were listing those complaints. Wacky washes? Not being a japanese run business, but still be produced in Japan?.........Huh? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

with denimbar's sale these are a bargin. they fit very nice. similar to what joey_formal said, they remind me of new standards, but they don't have a taper at all, straight leg all the way down. One thing i like is if it ever stretches like crazy, you can always button them 2 sizes smaller with their button contraption

I think you're more referencing to the fact that the denim isn't extremely heavy. This denim was primarily made for the spring/summer season.

Personally, I think it's excellent denim. And the small details (like the purple pocket) add to this fact.

That link you provided is the same topic, and I hope you were being sarcastic when you were listing those complaints. Wacky washes? Not being a japanese run business, but still be produced in Japan?.........Huh? :confused:

File under needless beef to boost one's post count...

1. The thread was moved

2. PRPS tends toward more distressed, somtimes gaudy washes (as is stated earlier in this very thread) which tend not to be as popular on SuFu (hence the myriad other threads dedicated to traditionally 'raw' brands like Skulls, Sugar Cane, etc.) This new fit represents one of their first forays into raw denim; and the first into a raw slim fit, like those aforementioned other brands. So far the consensus (including my opinion) has been very positive...

3. They're entirely manufactured in Japan (not just made of japanese denim), but they're owned and operated by Akademiks, which is an American (kind of lame) hip-hop brand.

I'm similarly confused...

the styleforum discount. but now Denimbar has a 30% off sale on most everything in store without a discount code. im sure this has been mentioned in another thread here...... people have been eating up that sale there's nothing instock!!!

File under needless beef to boost one's post count...

Not possible, since I've only posted twice in about a months time, with this being the third foray.

2. PRPS tends toward more distressed, somtimes gaudy washes (as is stated earlier in this very thread) which tend not to be as popular on SuFu (hence the myriad other threads dedicated to traditionally 'raw' brands like Skulls, Sugar Cane, etc.) This new fit represents one of their first forays into raw denim; and the first into a raw slim fit, like those aforementioned other brands. So far the consensus (including my opinion) has been very positive...

Yes, raw is currently the trend, and so are Japanese denim brands. Ofcourse the denim is excellent, no question.

3. They're entirely manufactured in Japan (not just made of japanese denim), but they're owned and operated by Akademiks, which is an American (kind of lame) hip-hop brand.

And I'd feel sorry for any individual who judges the brand based on that small fact; that it was founded by the same team behind akademiks. Not saying that you do, but I hope others haven't used this as an excuse.

I wasn't certain of what you meant by your first post, but now its meaning has been made blatanly obvious.

mad props to joey_formal and deepsleep. I picked these up at their memorial day sale. VERY VERY impressed. my true size is 30, 29 in samurai's. These are size 30.Picked these bad boys up for under 200, around the same price as denimbar, no PA sales tax.

excuse the rolled leg, just came back from a bike ride.

577393314_1ae00d44ba.jpg577392762_be931df744.jpg

not really worried about stretching at all, these got the buttons on the side to bring them in if that gets too extreme. I wanna hem them, but don't know about the shrinking. these are it for a long while. i promise this time

poly, ive always wondered, do the folded back pockets serve any purpose or are they purely for aesthetics? you stick a pen in that fold or something or is it sewn flat?

no, you can put stuff in there, don't know how a pen would work when you sit down, but i was actually thinking about drum sticks

no, that gets em too tight. and it looks ridiculous too.

it makes it like 2 sizes smaller i think. i don't expect these to stretch like 2 inches or do they?

btw lenn, i really like how yours are turning out. any soaks or anything? i'm curious about any inseam shrinking? would love to see yours in another 5 months or so.