PRPS

testconditions

All prps tags aren't crinkled - the purple selvage one wash ones weren't - just a leather tag

Actually the only pair of prps' i have are the one wash purple selvedge which i bought from an authorized prps dealer here in las vegas and my tags are crinkled. They had different model's in their store and i noticed that every single one seemed to have a crinkled tag. pony hair, selvedge, etc.

• 5 months later...
saw the blacks last weekend. they look fucking great. but they smalest size they had was 34 so i don't know anything about the fit

That sounds kinda like the up against the mall where I live. They referred me to the Beverly Hills location for sizes below 34 (or 36, I forget).

Thankfully someone else posted about these. I wanted to mention as much, but thought I'd be harangued due to my noobishness. I tried these on in LA. The fit is truly great; slim but not tight, details are good as well, particularly black rivets and snaps on the waistline tabs, as well as colorful interior pocket details. Denim is very nice, smooth and rich blue. I was really impressed. Sadly price was too steep for me since I'm saving for some other denims that take precedence over these.

That sounds kinda like the up against the mall where I live. They referred me to the Beverly Hills location for sizes below 34 (or 36, I forget).

True. We have the raw indigo and raw black starting in sz 30. The fit is pretty similar to my PBJ's. Slim all the way down, low waisted, straight leg with no taper/no flare.

PRPS denim does definitely stretch out alot, and pretty quickly. If you like the cut of these, I would buy them tight and let them stretch.

The fold-over pocket designe is a new addition to the selvage models this season. In season's past, their selvedge models were plain back pockets with hidden rivets. This season it is their signature fold-over pockets with bartacking.

Indigo still features their purple selvage, black is overdyed (warp and weft) and has white/redline selvage. Selvage coinpockets. New pocket bag design is neon pink with prps embroidered into it, visible when looking into the inside of the pants.

black is overdyed (warp and weft) and has white/redline selvage. Selvage coinpockets. New pocket bag design is neon pink with prps embroidered into it, visible when looking into the inside of the pants.

The black jeans are yarn dyed, not overdyed ie. the warp and weft yarns are both black and then woven to make the denim, rather than piece dyed or garment dyed.

If it was overdyed you the selvedge would be also dyed black - unless they used polyester for the selvedge.

My understand is that the term overdye refers to dyeing fabric either in piece or garment form. I could be wrong of course :)

i dont understand why these are considered pricey and yet the equivalent in lots of other japanese brands costs very much the same.

i love the look of the black ones with high contrast stitching and the warp/weft both dyed. i would probably buy these without thinking if i hadnt just got something similar in my nandos, but i may still try to get a pair. people have said that these are likely to stretch but how are prps general sizing? true to fit, big, small?

My understand is that the term overdye refers to dyeing fabric either in piece or garment form. I could be wrong of course

ringring i think you're right on that one.

overdyed denim also usually fades to the underlying colour, whereas a yarn dye allows for more manipulation eg. keeping the core undyed like in the S5000BK