PRPS

testconditions

Quote: to clarify, then, the new slim/bootcut is available with selvage, but is not available as a one-wash?

Tangerine: I tried a pair of the one wash slim cut on in the duffer shop this afternoon. Beautiful fit, but not selvedge. they have inconspicuous detail at the knee which cinches the whole inside leg in, and fit much better in the ass. really nice jeans, retailing at £185. The guy there said that the SS06 collection has been flying out - they've done over 50% of it already and it's only been there two weeks.

As someone else said on here, Liberty have a lot dotted all around their new men's contemporary department, but they've hiked the price on last year. The classic jean is now £220, the slim cut £190. I didn't check the finished stuff.

Thanks for the info. Wow, that is a big price hike!

Last I checked American Rag, they still did not have their new stock and were blowing out the remains of last year's at a huge discount (I think 75% off.) Sadly the purple selvage was gone already. If I could have scored them for $75 I think I could have lived with the Hammer-esque legs, ha ha.

ask a cassowary

why do i feel like prps is going to be the next evisu. Never been a fan of prps for a few reason, mostly the baggier fit and the hefty price tag but they do ahve some really nice looking stuff, albeit a bit unatural but hey....you dont need to break in denim all the time....its just crazy how much they are asking for some of this stuff

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net

I have a pair of prps one-wash non-selvage which I bought about 7 months ago. I hardly ever wear them. However it is really very nice denim. The materials, details, and construction are all top-notch. The only thing that I don't really like about my pair is the baggy-cut. However, now that prps is putting out some slimmer cuts, I am interested in getting another pair. But the prices are kinda insane!

Quote:

I found these on ebay. Can someone tell me if they are real? I like the cut of PRPS, but I want a pair without all those crazy washes they have coming out right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7749988466&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Can somone get back to me soon if possible? thx

--- Original message by soho on Mar 8, 2006 05:21 PM

They look genuine.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

PRPS has also released new this season (fall 06) a slim STRAIGHT jean. Similair dirty, wrinkly washes from previous season, but i a nice slim, straight fit. the legs fit me similair to my slimjims, but with a higher rise. They are nice, trust me, and I almost appreciate the feel of their denim more, in a more fitted cut, cuase you feel the denim against your body more....

im not sure about those prps pictured above, we sell prps at my work and all their tags are crumbled for a "vintage look." the wash seems off too, it might be the camera. i have the same exact jeans and the wash should be rusty and pretty dirty. hopefully im wrong. but be very careful when purchasing prps on ebay.

I think PRPS makes great jeans despite the claims of them being shapeless... though it's kind of true. The washes are out of this world and the distressing is the most detailed I've ever seen! My friend has about 8 pair now and they look great especially if you have slim legs and don't were your jeans to baggy.

Also beware of Ebay, I made the mistake of trying to purchase a pair from Ebay and I would never do it again. Now I just go to stores and repected sites.

im not sure about those prps pictured above, we sell prps at my work and all their tags are crumbled for a "vintage look." the wash seems off too, it might be the camera. i have the same exact jeans and the wash should be rusty and pretty dirty. hopefully im wrong. but be very careful when purchasing prps on ebay.

Most PRPS have wrinkled tags, but my friend has some with new looking tags( and they' re 100% authentic). I would post pics, but I don't know how to decrease the file size of photos. Could someone help me?

Also my friend has bought a couple of pair off of Ebay and was burned once(same as I), but we figured out( with help of the Newton site) that the fake PRPS have a fake leather patch in the back with the japanese rising sun, Japanese characters(Kanji,hiragana,etc) and a african person with a spear. They also have three silver tightening snaps on the waist instead of two(like the authentics) and the front Camo pocket has a different design from the real PRPS's. Also most of the fake are sold by sellers from New York because the imitations are sold in the city( Canal street,etc)

Still beware of Ebay because they are starting to make new versions of imitation PRPS's everyday!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the ones on ebay are definitely fake! I'm going to tryo and find that post that compares legit pairs to the ones ebay has. I know for a fact that the tag MUST be crumpled if not then you probably have some fakes. I'm going to post the link and you guys can judge for yourselves.

edit: here is the link to the fake prps' on ebay.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=9352&highlight=fake+prps