PRPS

testconditions

i just got another pair of prps, I ussually where 32s, but in prps, if you are a 32 definetly get a 34 cause a 32 will be tight, especially after you wash them. If your looking for prps my friend has a few pairs of 34s with the tags because he saw them in a store and jsut snatched a bunch up for selling because of how rare they are, im not sure if im allowed to advertise like that on this forum, if im not just let me know, but just shoot me an email if you interested.

Well, that is kinda true.....

PRPS is defintely a wider/straight leg jean, but the waist measurements actually do run a tad small. The rise on them is also rather high, so buying your true size will probaly do you fine in the waist, and give you a loose leg. I sized up on one pair and wear them kinda low and baggy, and bought my selvages in my true size.

If you size DOWN you will most likely have to wear them slightly higher on your waist than you are used to....depending on how you wear your jeans ofcourse.

Haven't washed either of mine yet, so I can't comment on shrinkage

Fuck....more shit to buy

Quote:

^that's probably the reason. no one knows about it that much so it's sitting on shelves and sellers are trying to make back their money.

--- Original message by drofhiphopology on Jan 8, 2006 04:50 PM

yo dr. can you measure the top of waistband for me? of your prps jeans? they are size 34, right?

^yeah,i'm pretty sure that stuff on ebay is legit, just no one is buying it so retailers have to fling it up on ebay. I haven't seen a one-wash selvedge or un up on ebay now. Most people who would see prps see it at the same price as 7 or true religion and get the one with more cachet.

i got hip hop hangin in head heavy

i jumped the shark and got one for $63 shipped. i'll keep you updated as soon as i get it. anyone know how to prove authenticy?

i just can't imagine them knocking off prps with all this exact detailing (camo pockets, stitching, stamp inside the pocket...) while they're not even that popular to the random person. it's not like they have evisu, seven or diesel status yet.

Edited by genemachine on Jan 19, 2006 at 07:10 AM

I'm not an expert but they look totally fine. I remember seeing a pair of non selvedge PRPS at the duffer store with the same pocket detail,The stitching and labels are in order when compared to the pair of classic purple selvedge I'm wearing, plus the black rivets are there and the coloured button fly is in the right correlation too ... only thing is the single cloth pocket ( which I didn't know about and which has been covered futher up the thread) and the fact that the tags aren't/wheren't "weathered".

Just be happy and stop worrying. You got them for absolutely sweet fuck all. People in London paying $600 for worse pairs than that. True.

re: the tags -- I suppose it's possible that these jeans were, for whatever reason, regarded as seconds/etc. by Prps and as such did not receive the very final bit of retail preparation -- tag mashing.

but I'm just making shit up so who knows.

I've handled them in shops, and all the details (except the minor point of the tags) look correct to me.

I agree the denim seems a bit thinner than one might wish... maybe 11oz? I don't think it's stated anywhere.

Still, it's nice cotton (political questions aside, Zimbabwe cotton is among the best in the world) and I'm sure you will enjoy wearing them...

yeah i have to add to minya's comment and others. when i got mine from ebay, i just couldnt tell if its fake or not. the only sore thumb that stood out was the tags being razor sharp. i guess its either 1) grey markets or 2) ridiculously good fakes.

ah today's market can be unpredicatable