PRPS

testconditions

• 6 months later...

I still like prps raw. They are still overpriced, but I have yet to handle Zimbabwe denim softer than the models from 2-3 years ago. Love the purple selvedge. The construction was top-notch as well. I haven't handled the denim of recent years, but I've heard they now use "African cotton". Not a fan of any of their pre-distressed stuff. But donwan does know his shit.

Fwiw, I think there is a thread for "new prps raw" or something like that on here. Not a lot of sufu love on here, but understandably so-- prices for these are way out there, and better deals are to be had.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know anything about these:

http://www.djpremium...-fit-jeans.html

TIA

I wasn't aware of those, but keep in mind that they have a PRPS Goods & Co patch, and that AFAIK means they are made in China and it's the lower end line of PRPS. The denim is still japanese, though.

Maybe you already knew that, but just saying because I was very disappointed when I first got a PRPS pair from Asos only to find out that they were made in China so I returned them because I didn't feel they were 'the real deal'.

They also have the made in USA Heirloom line and the made in Japan PRPS 'normal' line.

They also have PRPS Noir, which are I think the most expensive, so I'm assuming they are made in Japan as well.

And from the same company the cheapest jeans are called King Krash, but those don't use PRPS branding I believe.

Edited by MickeyPunch

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks MickeyPunch. I knew some of what you wrote but the rest was beneficial. I pulled the trigger and got them and they seem to be close to the same quality of my Japanese Barracuda pair. Only time will truly tell how they wear. FYI Nordstrom got the for $105.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I know this thread is pretty much dead but... Crosspost from the evolution thread:

With so many great jeans in this thread I feel a bit ashamed of posting this, but since it's a pair from a brand which is not too popular over here I felt someone might be curious.

PRPS Barracuda raw, 22 months since purchase, maybe 16 months of actual wear, 2 washes, 1 crotch repair.

9307306645_f9546f943a_c.jpg

9307306039_9fabc777ef_c.jpg

Links to PRPS characteristic details: folded backpockets, multi colored buttons, purple/orange selvedge.

This has been my first pair of raw jeans. I didn't want to spend a lot and considering that japanese repro brands are expensive and aren't ever on sale, I could grab this pair for less than $200 and it has the main details of high-end japanese denim: made in Japan, zimbabwean cotton, selvedge, raw, chain-stitched...

I really like the denim and color, and I've enjoyed breaking them in. What I don't like so much is the cut, since it's a straight leg and now I prefer tapered (a PRPS Rambler would have been better for me) and that it wasn't very dark to begin with, I would have preferred a darker shade of indigo.

Also it's quite light, I don't know the exact weight but I would say it's not over 12oz (I have pairs of RRL which are heavier). Maybe because of this and also waiting over one year for the first wash I had a premature crotch blowout and now the whole crotch area is about to fall apart but I won't repair it again. I have a pair of Unbranded 21oz tapered on the way.

• 6 months later...

As of today im wearing my Prps Ramblers to work. Bought these about 3-4 years ago after seeing the fades on polys pair. I usually prefer something looser and pretty loyal to Evisu but since my No.2's are getting repaired i'll wear these for awhile and see how they go. Will wear raw. Heres a fit pic of when I first bought them.

prps_back.jpgprps_front.jpg

Name: Prps - Fury (P62P02R) Charcoal Jeans

Weight: 11 Oz.

Denim: 100% African Cotton

Fit: Slim Tapered Leg

Buy Now 518 Euro: http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/designer-prps-ruched-five-pocket-jean-item-10336841.aspx?storeid=9089

12342314383_6c0bc2fa8c_b.jpg

12342159755_a664621757_b.jpg

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/67343685@N03/12342597084/]12342597084_2d93cc0c5f_b.jpg

Edited by aboutbillions

• 3 months later...
PRPS Rambler 6 Month Blue jeans

Prps_Mens_Rambler_P39_P17_C_6_Month_Blue

2014_01_31_10_07_36.jpg

2014_01_31_10_08_26.jpg

Prps 
Rambler model P39P17C  
slim fitting featuring classic five pocket jean design with Prps trademark folded rear pocket, with two front pockets, two rear pockets and small coin pocket. minimal fading detail on the knees, thigh and slight abrasions
around the pockets and whiskering on the back of the leg.
multiple belt loops, button up fly and Prps branding patch on the back.
100% Cotton
Sizing: W30
waist 40cm
length 112cm
rise 22cm
inseam 83cm
leg opening 18cm

Made in Japan

condition 8/10

price 140euro incl. shipping

try to get a pair of raw selvedge and you will not be disappointed. i purchased three pairs a couple of years ago and have never seen such a great quality from any other brand to be honest. all my full counts and momotaros had several repairs after a short  time of wearing.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

PRPS Rambler's 9 Months, 2 washes I think.. Really happy with these, the stitching has held up well and the fit definitely grew on me. Was used to wearing slightly fuller Evisu's so it actually took me some time to get used to a tighter fit but I did and the denim has stretched out a little anyway. I think in the future i'll be grabbing another pair for sure, I just cant fault these..

prps_front_zps005d2986.jpg

prps_back_zps2213f5ce.jpg

I know what you mean. PRPS takes some flak for being a "celebrity brand", but I think these ramblers are great.

However, I personally think the owner of the brand is a bit of a diva. So I might not pick up another pair thanks to my impression of him. (this is from meeting him and talking at length last year).

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought these PRPS Demon Selvedge in Rinse. I spent about 45 min looking up what they mean by Rinse wash and all I came up with is raw denim that crinkly. I've had PRPS before may 5 or 6 years ago and they have changed a lot! The purple selvedge the reason behind their name PRPS is no more which kinda weird... Also the multi colored buttons and purple tag are gone too. That said the quality denim is still there fuzzy and really dark blue and the fit is incredible. I think these will be the best jeans I've worn. I got them out of a Marshalls for next to nothing so I'm pretty happy about that.

Pics and deets bellow!

IMAG02701.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

IMAG0265.jpg

d83c27a6-ac1e-4050-9d90-2f4acd7f5ca2.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0263.jpg

Edited by blackrover

• 5 years later...