The Most Depressing Movie EVAR: Babel

Aeros

I just watched the Korean movie "Oasis" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320193/#comment

I must say, this has to be one of the most depressing movies of all time in its own way

It was so awkward/depressing in so many points that I found myself pausing it and minimizing it for a minute because I could hardly bear to watch

I definitely recommend it though, it is an outstanding film

I remember watching Requiem for a dream when i was stoned... shit man it made me damn sad... but the movie was more unique for its cinematography

Watch In the Mood for love by wong kar wai... not sad but the mood is definitely there... exquisite... hope his new movie doesnt suck

Man up Aeros.

Brad Pitt did very very good actings, good actings.

word. Brad Pitt, imo, is one of the most under-rated actors. dude did amazing jobs in snatch, fight club, etc etc.

c'mon guys

it's definitely better than lost in translation

fuck offffff. lost in translation is one of the best shows ever; its so real, and the ending is something that could actually happen in a person's life. not to mention how funny the show was.

no one mentioned crash?? i thought crash was pretty good, then i watched syriana, and then babel, so, by the time i got to babel.. yeah.. it was pretty much done for me, wasn't all that bad tho.

i give alottt of credit to lost in translation...although I do know alot of people who don't fancy it.

requiem for a dream must be one of the most depressing shows for me. prozac nation too.

american beauty was good, but depressing.

I think Bambi was more depressing than Babel. I just thought the movie was 'okay', the best parts of the movie was with the young, Japanese girl. She evoked so much emotion and anguish without even saying a word, now that is tremendous acting!

I Liked babel and the cinematography.. oh and the music. The story.. not a big fan.

I Love the Japan bits though... I love that japanese actress! Her name starts with an R.. forgot. but she rocks.

I like the ending.. how it's shot, and the music - so haunting. I actually got the soundtrack just for that track.

As for the depressing Movie bit : Fucking watch "Dancer in the Dark"

OMG. It will really make your heart hurt

damn its obviously uber-kool to hate on babel at film-wank school or wherever right now. hate or not, it aint depressing tho. how about monster, thats some depressing shit.

however, dancer in the dark gets my vote for #1 depresser. harrowing is the only word that comes to mind.

I really hated the movie despite loving the director's previous work, and the cinematography+music of the film. Babel's characters just made me want to severely beat all of them. I understand the metaphor of people not understanding each other, globalization, or the possible need of a more cohesive world... but damn, the characters pissed me off way too much - it seemed like they just made the dumbest choices every second, and that was the movie.

you can't go wrong with rinko kikuchi though...

I really hated the movie despite loving the director's previous work, and the cinematography+music of the film. Babel's characters just made me want to severely beat all of them. I understand the metaphor of people not understanding each other, globalization, or the possible need of a more cohesive world... but damn, the characters pissed me off way too much - it seemed like they just made the dumbest choices every second, and that was the movie.