celebrity encounters

Corbin Law

lol i met jerry rice at Straits. i hear he has an apartment at santana row?

ya, i met him when i worked at diesel

im pretty sure he has to have a place on s.row because i ALWAYS see him there....silver MBZ g55 with 24'' chromez!!

I would never get a picture or autograph of a celeb unless its for monetary purposes. But i've met/seen quite a few celebrity's. I went to MTV's ABDC met layla kayleigh (sc). As well seeing chi mcrbride in UNDFTD and the black guy from clueless in a club in hollywood. I'll update when i can remember who else.

I was in El Kartel in Downtown Vancouver just looking through the t-shirt rack, and the guy right beside me was wearing sunglasses and a brand new Acronym jacket. Whadda you know, the owner of the shop comes down to ask if he needs a hand and its Robin Williams.

He was a complete dick, the way he was talking to the owner and other employees. Of course on his high horse.

Last summer I also met Adam Brody and Megan Fox while I was working on set of Jennifer's Body in Vancouver.

some personal highlights:

uma thurman playing with her kid at the old helmut lang store

dustin hoffman, kid rock @ fred segal (not the same day)

ben affleck and matt damon on a double v-day date (they were dressed in the corniest razzi-avoiding frat boy attire)

gwen stefani @ costume national on melrose (looking for a last minute xmas gift for gav)

steve nash and jason kidd (stevie & i talked spurs natch)

michael stipe and liv tyler @ the bar in lupa (20 years ago i would've been bugging but i was like whatevs and ignored them)

lou reed trying on hideous euro gear at barneys

nothing as good as two of my friends' stories:

-almost getting run over by tom cruise's car when he was peeling away from hordes of pre-teeners - he actually made eye contact when stopped at the traffic light

-putting on a john cale record when working at kim's then looking up to see lou reed giving him the evil eye while leaving in a huff

-getting yelled at by kate moss for not spinning any clash when djing

ROFL

Alec Baldwin's relationship with his daughter is the stuff of legends.

i saw baldwin pere out with kim basinger once on the upper west side, they seemed super nice and were playing with some random baby while waiting for a table. although obviously circumstances have changed on that one

while i'm randomly remembering more stuff:

matt dillon is a regular at the local record fair, he's boys with the owner of the venue who puts him on the guest list under dopey non-names (can you imagine being matt dillon and saying "i'm on the list, my name is mr. matt" when everyone pretty much knows exactly who you are?)

saw eddie vedder drinking at lounge ax after a band i was in played (early 90s). he was just chilling by himself but left when some d-bag started harrassing him. for the record i'm all for leaving famous people alone when they're going about their personal lives, buying a drink for them is about the limit for most circumstances.

met trent reznor backstage a really long time ago, he invited my brother and i to go out drinking afterwards but we said no for some reason.

was going to la esquina for some late night eats; just as we were about to open the door to go into the building, p. diddy's entire posse came spilling out - it's probably the only time i've seen a bunch of people in nyc gawking at someone famous.

ran into michael bay leaving someplace on the strip on new year's eve (not that i would normally go to the strip under any circumstances but a friend of mine knew the bartender and we got hooked up)