celebrity encounters

Corbin Law

Willem Dafoe walked past the cafe I was eating in.

Josh Hartnett walked past my roommate and I while we were outside our dorm.

One of the main dudes from Mad Men was walking up towards Union Square and I gave him a nod and he just gave me a confused look.

Saw Julian, Albert, and Fabrizio from the Strokes a couple of times on the streets.

Met Danny Masterson at a show and then went and partied with him and the band at a bar in Brooklyn.

Darryl Strawberry on a plane.

This is turning from Celeb. Encounters, to Celeb. Sightings.

IE:

Partying with Danny Masterson/ awkward moment with Mad Men = Encounter.

Seeing them at a bar/street/comic convention, without interaction = Sighting.

For you confused folks...

I saw the entire Wu-Tang Clan once. They were paying tribute to ODB. I was just sitting around with my sister and they were all just there. I forgot where we were. Might've been at something called Rock The Bells.

• 3 months later...

Encounter: Michelle Williams stopped me to play with my dog last night. Talked for a little bit, she's very down to earth, approachable and friendly. Insanely beautiful woman right there.

Sighting: Walked past Kirsten Dunst with her Asian friend en route to my office last Friday. Exponentially more attractive in person. Wasn't sure it was her until she flashed the snaggletooth.

stood on the sound stage smoking newport menthols with some random member of the oddfuture crew during their show in new york at the santos party house. Mos Def came up and asked me for a light, which i provided. He asked me if I was the sound guy, and i told him nope, I'm just a drunk guy. He shook my hand and left. on the same trip, did a shot of tequila with aziz ansari at le bain and told him that i normally don't tell celebrities I love them but oh my god dude I fucking love you. He was really cool and said that he appreciated hearing it. finally, saw chloe sevigny at Sway on smiths night. I did a sort of close-ish pass by her and said hello, and she said hello and then looked away so i just went and drank another beer :(

I met Steve Nash a few weeks ago by my apt. Nice guy. I'm convinced everyone runs into Mos Def once in their life. He's like Bill Murray, he'll either say what up and go on his own business or hang out with you for hours.

I ran into Feist a few years ago in Hong Kong while waiting for my flight. She's such a genuinely nice lady.

And like everyone who lives in or goes to Toronto often my friends and I randomly came across Kenny Hotz while walking around town, who looked drunk/high/himself at the time.

Harvey Keitel a couple of weeks back in LES. Saw him shopping and annoyed with the constant construction down there. He was stuck in his spot for about 10 minutes. I didn't feel like pissing him off more than he already was.

Michael Imperioli this AM in Tribebeca. Said hello to him. He said hello back. Told him I enjoyed his work. He said thank you, and to keep an eye out for him in the future. He continued to walk away.