the wire

Im so over the wire. Was pissed when peeps out of thin air were all deep fans all of a sudden. If more people watched (which they didnt until it was too late) there would have been more then 4 seasons.

there were more than 4 seasons.

plus, why be pissed about it? better to get the word out on the best show ever written than have them continue to believe that LOST is the gospel.....

season two fucking sucked.

the shipping containers one?

yea fucking sucked.

Easily one of the best seasons in my opinion and my favorite. Reason alone being that it took a really good crime drama beyond the norm. That whole season would have been condensed into one episode on any other show, but since they devoted an entire season to it, the characters were developed and the details fleshed out. The docks are a real part of the drug trade/crime and in terms of reflecting disparity of this nations work force, one of the best examples.

You're an idiot that thinks things start and end with hip hop and the ghetto.

Im so over the wire. Was pissed when peeps out of thin air were all deep fans all of a sudden. If more people watched (which they didnt until it was too late) there would have been more then 4 seasons.

I'm over you being a twat. When people were all of a sudden up on Mobb Deep after Quiet Storm were you crying about that and telling fools how you were down since Hit It From The Back? You sound like 8th grade with lungs and a voice box.

my favorite scene of late is from season 3 when Colvin and Carcetti are talking on a corner and Colvin tells the story about the funeral home, and the white guy who owned it that would only allow his newly desegregated black neighbors to be laid to rest there if he could kill them first. His point to Carcetti was that he knew where that man stood which earned his respect, where as Carcetti always proved himself to be opportunistic throughout the show.

a good scene between two good characters.

By the way My favorite part of anything the wire had to do with the inner workings of the press, The ups and downs of trying to educate bad ass kids, and being a political science major, all the politics. Nothing to do with the drug/hood busy-ness, as that has been done to death. I was done with the hood shit in the show the first time around when the creator did The Corner.

I thought you would have known, since you been on my dick for god knows what reason.

i thought the press angle was pretty poorly done. Maybe it's because there is so much more to it than what they presented, but yeah, it ain't all about hood. The kids and the education was easily the best plotline. The 2nd season, while not my favorite, really did paint the other side of balitimore for me. Anyone who remembers the renovation of the inner harbor will tell you it's pretty dead on. Regardless, I don't think you should be worked up over it lasting only 5 seasons, the show was at it's peak, and yeah, what simon said was that he didn't have any experience with the latino population, thus no 6th season. The wire's worst episode is still better than Lost's best episode.

Something I wish was done a little differently is the personal side plots. I would have preferred to see more glimpses of Prezbo's at home life (maybe instead of Kima's.) Prezbo's progression and growth and the twists and turns of his career were more interesting to me and I would have loved to have seen conversations or moments between him and his wife when he pistol whipped that kid/ shot the cop/ lost dookie to drugs.

And since we are doing top 5 lists: (in no particular order)

Bodie

Bunny

Bubbles

Prezbo

Omar

Honorable mention to D'Angelo and Avon.

Something I wish was done a little differently is the personal side plots. I would have preferred to see more glimpses of Prezbo's at home life (maybe instead of Kima's.) Prezbo's progression and growth and the twists and turns of his career were more interesting to me and I would have loved to have seen conversations or moments between him and his wife when he pistol whipped that kid/ shot the cop/ lost dookie to drugs.

And since we are doing top 5 lists: (in no particular order)

Bodie

Bunny

Bubbles

Prezbo

Omar

Honorable mention to D'Angelo and Avon.

shame on me for leaving out prezbo.

d'angelo is classic 'honorable mention' material, but he was killed way too early to be considered top 5 but if he were in 3 seasons or so, he woulda been among the best.

d'angelo is classic 'honorable mention' material, but he was killed way too early to be considered top 5 but if he were in 3 seasons or so, he woulda been among the best.

Reminds me of another great scene

1M2AUYYKfxk

Apparently there was a tremendous amount of controversy when HBO found out that Wallace was going to get murdered. but that shit had to happen, just like D, String Lex, Bodie, lil Kev, Omar, Snoop, etc...

saddest after bodie's death was omar's. can't believe that punk bitch gacked him