grime post future dub funky step step dom dom dom dom

FELiS

• 2 weeks later...

he sounds good live on a nice system

Sound was good, but he played some odd stuff and was kinda all over the place. Dropped three 6 mafia over some drum n bass at one point. Sepalcure opened for him and played a lot of new stuff.. thought his Sepalcure set was much better than his Machinedrum set.

^Falty is amazing live.. saw him a number of times last year, going to the release party for his new album next weekend. Last set I saw was a lot of noise with spoken word over it intermittently and a random song here and there.. was extremely spaced out. His new album is pretty spaced out too compared to his previous releases. Some really amazing tracks on it.

Andy stott show was amazing.

His live sound surpassed my expectations.

Only problem was the warm up set was a snoozefest, and the crowd didnt respond like i thought it might. When numb dropped no one seemed to care. Andy played some pretty interesting sounds, and held one of the strangest and abstract drops ive ever heard. couldnt pin point what track, but nothing off albums.

great live experience.

Edited by EG562

Andy stott show was amazing.

His live sound surpassed my expectations.

Only problem was the warm up set was a snoozefest, and the crowd didnt respond like i thought it might. When numb dropped no one seemed to care. Andy played some pretty interesting sounds, and held one of the strangest and abstract drops ive ever heard. couldnt pin point what track, but nothing off albums.

great live experience.

Ya, he is incredible live. His set at Decibel was even better tho, because he played in a much better space.

My tables have been in storage since i moved a couple years ago, and i have no real interest in playing vinyl sets.

Im kind of a luddite when it comes to current mixing software/hardware and how to go about playing out. Havent really played a party in years.

What are the basic programs/tools i should start researching in order to get back into it at a vary basic and beginner level?

Do i even need serato or traktor? can i run a controller + laptop?

Edited by EG562