grime post future dub funky step step dom dom dom dom

FELiS

Good Mix Dom. Not feeling that Lucid EP though.

Do you guys do the music podcast thing? I've been on a few for a while and my buddy turned me onto a mostly dubstep one recently.

http://boilerroom.tv/podcast.php

The newest mix by French Fries is real good. Steppy & juke style stuff.

I also subscribe to:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/plasmodiumradio

http://www.residentadvisor.net/xml/podcast.xml

Which both feature good music that mostly encompasses stuff like House, Techno, IDM & Dubstep, but it's all good classy stuff from those genres if you're on the fence about them.

I also really dig:

http://feeds2.feedburner.com/tru-thoughts/audio

Which is more of the Downtempo/Hip-Hop/Soul/NinjaTune type sound. The shows go through a veriety of music that often features stuff like dubstep & house as well. It's all good music, mostly on the chill/jazzy/funky side.

didnt expect the lucid to be everyone's thing, I like him alot anyway

that said, boiler room has been a stalple for a while. Luckyme has mixes that fit what you are looking for if u like boiler room (oneman did a mix for them recently). Also xlr8r/fact ones are easy to get and mostly weekly

I want that guy from the boiler room to narrate my life. Fuck a Morgan Freeman

hahaha you at the bank cashing a check "fucking massive!!!"

makin coffee in the morning "get ready for et fam"

with a girl n u about to stick it "ooooh yeah mate!"

who is he? i've heard his commentary so much over the last four months that i can hear his voice in my head from time to time and it always makes me chuckle. big up, whoever you are!!

just recorded a live mix for yall, only overlapped 2 i think with dom's 2nd to last..

cover-1.jpg

Jamie xx - Beat For

Distal - Apple Bottom

Dark Sky - Armour

Lando Kal - Time Out

Dauwd - Could It Be

SBTRKT - Twice Bitten

Jason Burns - Back 2 You

Koreless - Up Down Up Down

Bok Bok - Look Dub

Ollie Macfarlane - Someone Warm (original mix)

Randomer - Brunk

Cedaa - Hello Kitty

Kavsrave - The Break Up (Sorrow)

Oo Aa Ee (Royal-T I <3 Garage Remix)

Wax - No. 20202 (Pinch Mix)

Joe - Level Crossing

Bok Bok - Silo Pass

L-Vis 1990 - Reprise

James Fox - New Jack Swing

Lory D - Acidronix

Deadboy - Wish U Were Here

Robag Wruhme - Pnom Global

link

no pressure, all pleasure

If you're not tuned into Boiler Room right now, then I don't know what you are doing.

boilerroom.tv/live

wow! tuned in just as ben ufo was dropping a monster. thanks!

omg im gonna need a tracklist for the entire thing, so many great tracks

Here's a treat for you guys. This is a Super Rare studio mix by Skream from Jan. 2004. It's all his own tracks but only a 4 track EP of them were ever released. This mix used to be hosted on a site called Big Apple Records, which was the first ever exclusively dubstep online record store (back before digital downloads were the norm), and really the only place you could get most of the early tracks on vinyl. Big Apple also pressed some of the really early dubstep tracks including the first releases by Benga, Scream & Loefah (my copies) and was the only place you could really buy many of the dubstep records at the time from the dozen or so producers that were pressing it. The store closed down in 2005 I believe and through talking with Joe Nice at the time it was because there weren't enough people buying dubstep records to make it worth it. This is also the reason much of the earliest dubstep was never released, but just handed around between producers & DJs who knew each other. There wasn't a dubstep forum or anything, so you couldn't really even DJ dubstep successfully without knowing the UK guys. Joe was pretty much the only one in the US.

Anyways, I just put the mix on mediafire. The mix didn't actually have a name or a tracklist (which makes it even harder to find these days). The Acid People EP on Big Apple Records were the only tracks that saw a release from this mix, and it's too bad because I really think theres some sick stuff on here. This perfectly showcases the period when people were just beginning to make tracks that were half speed through the whole track (yes, there was dubstep before there was 70bpm dubstep), and Skream was the first producer to really start experimenting heavily with that. Put away your pre-conceptions of Skream these days and listen to this, because it's far different than the direction he eventually took with his music, and I feel it's a lot better in many ways.

Here's The Mix

Enjoy.

skreams early stuff on big apple/tempa is the reason I don't listen to his current stuff with much interest. Favorite big apple release is bam006, loefah ep with jungle infiltrator, jazz lick, indian dub, and life dub

unrelated:

http://www.junodownload.com/products/wut/1761423-02/

:D

Rock The Fuck On! Jungle Infiltrator breaks subwoofers. I used to play it a lot. That's probably my fav. track on the label as well.