superfuture singapore meetup

tweeds

Pogi--if you're here this weekend i have an explanation for the heavy hotel bookings--it's singapore fashion festival week all week. :)

Dammit! So I presume it ends this week? :(

I just got here. Currently in our office at Tower 2. It's nice weather though, 28 (which is cool by SG standards), and light rain.

Anything happening this Saturday?

I also hear the last Friday of every month, Orchard rd is open till midnight?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suits?

Hi there,

Hope im not too late, if your interested in getting a decent tailored suit without killing your wallet you can check out the other popular ones listed below. Not to say that CYC doesnt put out great stuff but i do believe you pay a premium for the "name" as well.

1. Raffles Tailor at OUB Centre

2. Men's Tradition at Peninsula Shopping Centre (Level 2, just beside the escalator)

3. Pagoda Master Tailor (www.pagodamastertailor.com at Smith Street Chinatown)

My personal favourite however is still Men's Tradition, it also happens to be very near your office! Great bang for the buck. Do take note to avoid the "office crowd hour" (5pm-6:30ishpm) as the shop can be quite packed. It seems to be a hot favourite among the younger office crowd here!

Cheers :D

Dammit! So I presume it ends this week? :(

I just got here. Currently in our office at Tower 2. It's nice weather though, 28 (which is cool by SG standards), and light rain.

Anything happening this Saturday?

I also hear the last Friday of every month, Orchard rd is open till midnight?

No, it starts today actually. From the 23rd until 1st April.

And yeah shops will be open until midnight on the last Friday each month (for now).

No, it starts today actually. From the 23rd until 1st April.

And yeah shops will be open until midnight on the last Friday each month (for now).

Oh yeah, I noticed it started Saturday, I managed to check out 2 of their "fashion shows".

It's pretty much like GAP but on the runway.

Although some of the models look pretty.

Cheers :D

Awesome, thanks for the tips, I'll check em out when I can. :)

Btw your cabs/taxis here are so cheap. I totally forgot how affordable it is to get around.

---

Oops, looks like I can't buy a tailored suit. I'm told it takes 2 weeks to make it. :(

I'm not here for that long.

Thanks. Is it good to go to Orchard rd on a Sunday? Like will the shops be open? And up to what time?

It is a good time (all shops are opened) but will not be as happening as on a Saturday. People would prefer lazing around at home to going out since the next day is a working day.

Oops, looks like I can't buy a tailored suit. I'm told it takes 2 weeks to make it. :(

you could always pay for it upfront and get the store owner to ship it over for you if your confident with the measurements.

if the owner is not willing to settle the shipping part im sure one of the superfuture guys would be more then happy to help out

;)

It is a good time (all shops are opened) but will not be as happening as on a Saturday. People would prefer lazing around at home to going out since the next day is a working day.

haha how's a saturday "happening" in orchard? i think sunday will be more conducive for actually shopping because the hordes of moronic people and families in crocs footwear will not be as dense as on a saturday.

haha how's a saturday "happening" in orchard? i think sunday will be more conducive for actually shopping because the hordes of moronic people and families in crocs footwear will not be as dense as on a saturday.

"happening" as in more chicks for me to check out larrrr.. hahaha..

Call me minty but damn I did not last long when I was in Orchard rd, after visiting the GAP and then spending 30 mins outside, I could not handle the heat. I ran into OG Albert and took a breather than cabbed it back to my hotel.

Maybe I'll return this Friday for the late night shopping. But we'll see, I'm losing weight here. :(

---

What is rich pretty tai tai? :confused:

he means ladyboys who wear jeans so tight that their pre-op vestigial cocks can be seen through their pants.

apparently our boy su8m3rg3d is a huge fan of those.

Call me minty but damn I did not last long when I was in Orchard rd, after visiting the GAP and then spending 30 mins outside, I could not handle the heat. I ran into OG Albert and took a breather than cabbed it back to my hotel.

Maybe I'll return this Friday for the late night shopping. But we'll see, I'm losing weight here. :(

---

What is rich pretty tai tai? :confused:

losing weight? u must've been missing out on the good food. :D

Well I didn't actually check my weight yet but I think I am losing weight.

I've been eating out heaps to your restaurants here. I love the Singapore accent though, sounds very fob. Quite funny really.

I notice so many couples are always hand in hand here. So hard to tell which girls are single and how old they are. :(

Well I didn't actually check my weight yet but I think I am losing weight.

I've been eating out heaps to your restaurants here. I love the Singapore accent though, sounds very fob. Quite funny really.

I notice so many couples are always hand in hand here. So hard to tell which girls are single and how old they are. :(

for this, u will need su8m3rg3d's help. LOL

^ oh the singaporean accent is one of the most annoying in the world. basically you just need a lazy tongue and monotone to speak with one.

yeah single girls hold each other's hand too. and single bangladeshi men do that to each other as well. holding hands is our way of saying we support the regime.

it's a pretty common sight now around town anyway, nothing too weird about it. sighting bangladeshi men having their arms around each other, however, is priceless.

on a sidenote, how long will u be here in town Pogi?

Lolz oh you guys were serious about the man handling eh? I thought you were kidding. :)

I'm here until April 1st. Then jumping on a flight at 8.30.

Lolz oh you guys were serious about the man handling eh? I thought you were kidding. :)

I'm here until April 1st. Then jumping on a flight at 8.30.

that's 5 more days left, then.

anyway, Metro at Paragon will be having 20% off storewide from 10pm till midnight this coming Friday (last Friday of the month = midnight shopping!)

Kewl, thanks for the tip.

But what's Metro at Paragon? :confused: And what do they sell?

Btw where can I find good shoes! Nothing here is to my liking at Suntec/Marina Square.

Btw where can I find good shoes! Nothing here is to my liking at Suntec/Marina Square.

Metro's some departmental store that has pretty random brands inside Paragon, which is the building directly opposite Takshimaya in Orchard :D

What kinda shoes in specific?

No brand specific, I'm more into canvas/leather low cut, preferrably velcro straps or any straps in general. Laces are ok but it's hard to find a pair that doesn't make my size 12/13 feet look clownish. :(

But generally, anything but AF1s and Chucks. :)

Similar to what I'm wearing here on WAYWT: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=382561#post382561