superfuture singapore meetup

tweeds

I've been to Singapore many times but only ventured to the night safari and zoo, chinatown, suntec city, and marina square.

What would you guys recommend to do there?

I have locals (work colleagues) that can take me around but they're kinda older than me (I'm 22, they're late 30s/early 30s), so would there be any good clubs (hiphop, house, trance)?

you must not miss this

www.zoukclub.com

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to Singapore many times but only ventured to the night safari and zoo, chinatown, suntec city, and marina square.

What would you guys recommend to do there?

I have locals (work colleagues) that can take me around but they're kinda older than me (I'm 22, they're late 30s/early 30s), so would there be any good clubs (hiphop, house, trance)?

you're 22? that makes you more or less around our age for most of us. ;)

soepom - no worries...there will be other gigs. see you, and everyone else tmr!

FUCK SOCCER. ITS THE MOST FUCKING RETARDED GAME ON THE PLANET.

I'D RATHER CHOKE ON PETERPAN'S PEANUT BUTTER AND DIE OF PEANUT BUTTER CHOKING THAN TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH SOCCER.

euuwwwwww.

on a slightly different note, how was the meetup?

re: places to go to.. any hawker centre that looks a little fucked up, or coffee shop.

geylang at night for a completely different vibe. zouk is boring to me now.

so valhalla and i were there at blujaz. and though i only caught 3 songs, the music was some real neat shit. *impressed* damn you young'uns!

pogi - if you have the time go for a day trip in sentosa island, even though it's all man-made and contrived, you can still have lotsa fun doing touristy stuff like underwaterworld or the luge. and then retire at the end of the day at cafe del mar, where you club and sit in a jacuzzi all at the same time, right at the edge of a beach. www.sentosa.com.sg

Thanks for the tips :)

damienos: sorry man! but most of the 30s people I'll be with are like divorce and have kids. :/

Cheers soepom I've already been to Sentosa and the Night Safari, it's nice but I prefer a club/lounge/restaurant type of environment for a day out. Oh and shopping is a must. :) Though I think I'll be limited to Marina square and Suntec.

Thanks for the tips :)

damienos: sorry man! but most of the 30s people I'll be with are like divorce and have kids. :/

Cheers soepom I've already been to Sentosa and the Night Safari, it's nice but I prefer a club/lounge/restaurant type of environment for a day out. Oh and shopping is a must. :) Though I think I'll be limited to Marina square and Suntec.

shopping without heading to orchard road? that's a bit of a travesty if you ask me. ;)

take a look at ann siang hill and club st, they connect to each other and have a few decent boutiques. plenty of good hawker fare just a short walk or bus ride away as well...

i just realised this thread belongs half in jetset and half in official. crap.

OK OK I'll take a trip or two to Orchard rd. But are the boutiques hidden from the main stetch?

I wouldn't consider em hidden, but then again, I live here. tell me what you're trying to find, and plongin will direct you. I've walked the streets so much that I feel I've got the singapore shopping directory map tattooed on my body...wooot woot

I wouldn't consider em hidden, but then again, I live here. tell me what you're trying to find, and plongin will direct you. I've walked the streets so much that I feel I've got the singapore shopping directory map tattooed on my body...wooot woot

Thanks man! Much appreciated....

I'm actually looking for a tailor, I'd like to get a tailored suit similar to this: http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/4287/fabsuit2mq2.jpg

If the price is affordable, I'd like to get maybe 3-4. Tailored business cufflink shirts would be nice as well.

I'm very fussy with my clothes, but I'm interested in selvage denim, hoodies, peacoats, and shoes (both formal and casual).

I have no problems with shipping to Aust thanks to work's free DHL, and I honestly plan to refresh my wardrobe, as I haven't bought a great deal of jeans or coats for about a year.

Oh and accessories are a must. :)

Sorry to be meticulous. :o

Thanks man! Much appreciated....

I'm actually looking for a tailor, I'd like to get a tailored suit similar to this: http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/4287/fabsuit2mq2.jpg

If the price is affordable, I'd like to get maybe 3-4. Tailored business cufflink shirts would be nice as well.

I'm very fussy with my clothes, but I'm interested in selvage denim, hoodies, peacoats, and shoes (both formal and casual).

I have no problems with shipping to Aust thanks to work's free DHL, and I honestly plan to refresh my wardrobe, as I haven't bought a great deal of jeans or coats for about a year.

Oh and accessories are a must. :)

Sorry to be meticulous. :o

hahaha...well, there you go for info on a tailor.

Where is the Raffles hotel? If it is near the Swiss hotel or Roxy hotel, I may have some idea. :P Now I wish I have Tomtom maps of Singapore.

How much do tailored suits on average go for in Singapore?

Where is the Raffles hotel? If it is near the Swiss hotel or Roxy hotel, I may have some idea. :P Now I wish I have Tomtom maps of Singapore.

How much do tailored suits on average go for in Singapore?

You mean Swissotel (formerly the Westin Stamford).

And yes, Raffles Hotel is just across the road from where Swissotel is.

Yup the Swissotel is what I meant. :) Cool.

Can anyone recommend a good suit store or a tailored suit (and price?) store?

Thanks.

I got rechecked-in to Mandarin Marina hotel, sounds like a downgrade. Due to a convention happening in Singapore. What's going on there folks?

no idea man.

fucking place is always full of shit.

check out CYC across the road at Raffles Hotel.

tailor is good, but isn't cheap.

otherwise, go around to Orchard Road, get your ass to Lucky Plaza or Far East Plaza; they have quite a few tailors that do 24 hr tailoring, no idea abt the quality tho.

Pogi - you'll be arriving this weekend?

Sure am, I'll be touching down around 1.30pm (SG time)

meet me first la.. so I can pass you the Julian Red.. haha..

Julian Red? :confused: It better be some sort of drug. :P jkjkjk