any fighters on here?

mizanation

Nobody gives a shit, but I found a BJJ gym near my place and went tonight. SO GOOD.

I've gotten rusty, I've lost my endurance, I've got bruising around my eye, and my back hurts. I LOVE IT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Under what 'family'?

If you're purple under Machado, I'm going to shit my pants.

I got my blue from Roger Gracie, got my purple from Felipe Souza, Roger's main training partner in the UK up til recently (split over financial issues) and his instructor Leao Teixeira, VP of the IBJJF.

I got my blue from Roger Gracie, got my purple from Felipe Souza, Roger's main training partner in the UK up til recently (split over financial issues) and his instructor Leao Teixeira, VP of the IBJJF.

Legit as fuck.

i got 4months going at the Ralph Gracie Academy, and just started getting into capoeira to help with my flexibility. anyone here ever take a class at the UFC Gym in Concord, CA? I would think with UFC behind it, the classes wouldn't be a gimmick but who knows

my instructor is the head of the BJJ program at the UFC gym as well as another brown and black belt from my school teach classes there.

i think the level instruction should be the same, but the people that train at the UFC gym probably arent as interested in competition aspect but more like.. you know.. YO BRO I TRAIN BJJ AT THE UFC GYM COME AT ME BRO.

im sure its worth checking out for the super nice facility alone.

edit: this is regarding the LA/Rosemead location.

mma has transformed quite a bit since the start of the ufc and i was just wondering if this is shown in your bjj classes. in the beginning there were a lot of head butts in top position and heel stomps on kidneys etc when on your back, basically how gracie jj gained such prestige. do they teach you these things still or do you find it is more sport orientated?

for me i would like to learn the whole package and be the one to choose what it was i wanted when needed.

My school is very sport orientated, we do basically no self defence stuff. For my monthly fee I can also train with a (now ex) UFC fighter, Nick Osipczak too, but I don't have the time/energy to do mma classes too. He recently got his purple belt at our school but for some reason I haven't ever rolled with him.

ive learned a couple of street scenario self defense techniques from my school as a white belt, but as a blue belt and up, i think its mostly sport orientated JJ.

the self defense techniques we learned were mostly from standing techniques when someone grabs you from behind or something-- dont let their hips get under you, wrist lock controls, stuff like that. but mainly just be aware of your surroundings.

id think id rather be taught the sport stuff (something you can actually test in competition) than learn how to head butt someone in the face or knee them in the balls.

• 2 weeks later...

just recently recovered from a torn mcl and a knife wound to the hand...

been training for 2 weeks now and i ono what made me do it.. but i signed up to compete in the ibjjf houston open this saturday.. hopefully ill have good videos for you guys!

also anyone wrestle? im going to start after this week to help improve my BJJ game.. you guys have any suggestion on shoes? i was told the dan gable ultimate 2 are pretty sweet.. i dont mind dropping the dough if its worth it..