any fighters on here?

mizanation

i jump rope. a lot. i don't really know, for me i feel like it has helped me stay lighter on my feet...

this.

i got away with not running by doing 2minutes of jump rope between each of my sets. a total of 20 or so minutes of jump roping.

however, once i started running more and more, especially on pavement, i got shin splints. :(

• 2 weeks later...

My Dojo is now infested with 16 year olds that don't take the sport seriously.

So pissed at the situation.

On a lighter note, I should be fighting my first amateur MMA fight either in 3 months or a year.

I have everything on lockdown except for head kicks. Anyone has had troubles with these and has a little tip for me? I can't reach the god damn head!! I'm starting a rough stretching regiment soon.

Cheers guys!

• 3 weeks later...

@ 0:26 – was the other guy's upright position so bad that galvao could just move him with his left leg?

@ 1:30 – lol at the failed flying armbar / attempt to pull guard?

shitty sportsmanship on galvao's part i think though. he outmatched that other guy pretty badly though...man.

@ 0:26 – was the other guy's upright position so bad that galvao could just move him with his left leg?

He's not just using his leg, he also has a grip on the pants leg at the knee on the same side. You push them with your leg and use that grip at the knee to push upwards at the same time whilst the grip on the cuff on the other side pulls them down and the leg on that side scissors their leg out.

2hnrpkw.jpg

The 2 new black belts are on either end and one of the new brown belts is in the middle. There was a wide variety of ages for belts including one kid (who is ridiculously good) getting his orange belt.

Who new Anderson Cooper was not only a dream boat but a black belt!

He's not just using his leg, he also has a grip on the pants leg at the knee on the same side. You push them with your leg and use that grip at the knee to push upwards at the same time whilst the grip on the cuff on the other side pulls them down and the leg on that side scissors their leg out.

Thanks for the clarification. Man, there's so much cool stuff in bjj that just seems unwordly until it gets pulled on me. :o

Just trying to see if anyone else on sufu trains..

Training out of Revolution Martial Arts and Fitness in Katy, TX

Just a puny white belt so far =[

Just recently started up a blog to keep track of all my training if anyone's interested also

http://stevedang.tumblr.com/

dope blog.. been trying to find a crossfit gym around my area gets lonely doing its by myself at 24hr while other friends working on solely on arms and chest

MOTHERFUCKING blue belt nearly broke my ankle today. He decided to do a rolling toe hold from my open guard, as fast as he possibly could. I think it's only because I have extreme flexibility in that direction (I can stand with my heels together and literally have my toes pointing backwards) that stopped it from totally fucking me up. FUCK BLUE BELTS WHO LEARN MOVES FROM THE INTERNET AND "MMA" CLASSES!!!

FUCK BLUE BELTS WHO LEARN MOVES FROM THE INTERNET AND "MMA" CLASSES!!!

Evan Tanner :rolleyes:

No but really that sucks good thing you are extra flexible.