any fighters on here?

mizanation

kind of a stab in the dark, but anyone here do any fighting? boxing, wrestling, muay thai, bjj, submission wrestling, etc.

i have done mma for the past 4 years--focusing mostly on brazilian jiu-jitsu. before that i was doing jkd, seido karate, wing chun, tkd, etc. also did some boxing at a pro-gym in providence, ri.

anyways, interested to see if anyone on here trains.

I have been boxing since I was a kid. Alot of my friends are Marines and we like to kick the shit out of each other; you have to learn to take care of yourself.

My dad won golden gloves tournaments in CA in the 70's twice and was into it his whole life. He started out working on oil rigs in S. America (I shit you not) and would fight for cash when he was there; he got me into it.

Speaking of fighting, I want to start taking some Krav Maga classes.

My dad won golden gloves tournaments in CA in the 70's twice and was into it his whole life. He started out working on oil rigs in S. America (I shit you not) and would fight for cash when he was there; he got me into it.

Life as a petroleum engineer out on the rigs should be interesting for me then...

hey, since you are in seattle, are you going to train at AMC?

Id like to. Do they have a website? I dont even know where they are located. I want to beat up Josh Barnett.

I have a solid resume

- 3 years of Muay Thai

- got 1st dan in Tae Kwon Do when I was 16, now already 2nd dan

- Shodan in Kendo last year

i did tae kwon do/so bahk do for 7 years or so and got my 1st degree blackbelt/dan

but that was a while ago and i havent been active since 7th grade or so

but those were the good years.

Id like to. Do they have a website? I dont even know where they are located. I want to beat up Josh Barnett.

hey, yeah, they're located in woodinville.

http://www.pankration.com/

good luck beating up josh barnett. my friend trains with him and he says he ain't no push-over ;)

btw, josh is now in california, training with eric paulson. still, matt hume is still at AMC, and hayato sakurai was recently there to train.

i ran the gamut when i was younger (judo, tae kwon do, karate)

but i have grown weak and inflexible

all i do nowadays is work the heavy bag in my parents' basement when im there and grapple with a group of friends who teach me secondhand bjj and wrestling

so my current skills are limited to hitting stationery objects real hard and pwning nubs who dont know how to fight on the ground :(

but its gotten me by while drunk i guess

Kickboxing when I was younger, had about 18 bouts. Held my own but had trouble making weight so I usually was in there with guys that were much bigger than me. I have a deviated septum and some pretty nasty scar tissue on my mug as well as a fairly split lip that looks worse and worse as I get older. Mommas don't let your babies be kickboxers. I still have pretty good hands but I can't kick above my waist anymore.

also miz were your experiences with wing chun useful / positive?

ive always liked some of the ideas behind it but i could never find a place to train

wing chun was a waste of time and unfortunately is now a "classical mess" as bruce lee put it. trapping just doesn't happen, man. you will never, ever see trapping in a real fight. chi-sao, lop-sao, hubud, energy drills, are all wastes of time. luckily, i didn't spend a lot of time training wing chun. spend 5 minutes with a good greco-roman wrestler, muay thai fighter or boxer to know that trapping is useless.