any fighters on here?

mizanation

I trained at Mendez Boxing in NYC for about 8 months. I gave it up because I wanted to actually fight but my trainer just wanted to do dumb shit with those big yoga ball things. I went to a different gym and ended up training with a Muay Thai fighter for a few months, but after he showed up drunk I moved on. I've since been doing some weight training and heavy bag on my own a few times a week, but if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to find a better place to take up boxing again.

i havent heard of conde koma either but two of those brown belts used to train at my school. vince "bear" appears in a lot of their photos, sick half guard. chris guitierrez is/was a brown belt from my school too.

im not sure if theyre affiliated with us anymore but they were cool guys.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Congrats NatseOklim!

I haven't posted here in a while....

But anyways, I'm going to do 2 more amateur fights then thinking about making my pro debut. I do have a HL of my first amateur mma fight.

Anyone here trained Muay Thai/Boran/Chaiya/etc, in Thailand before? If you have, how was your experience?

I might be studying abroad there. I come from a Muay Thai background with some Wing Chun and Escrima

check this out: http://www.fairtex-muaythai.com/web/home.html

Not sure how much time you have to train if you are also studying but the gyms over there are like camps. I had a chance to visit Fairtex camp about 2 years ago.. it was bare bones and no frills, no distractions but plenty of bags, weights and pads..

I dont have experience training in Thai but My Khru has and told me it was the most brutal and exciting time of his life. The way he described it was like boot camp with a bunch of AM and AM-Pro's,they treat it like a school over there.. wake up, run.. bags all day and break a few banana trees for stronger shins. They also focus on more ancient styles like Chaiya compared to whats learned in the states.

• 9 months later...

Anyone here trained Muay Thai/Boran/Chaiya/etc, in Thailand before? If you have, how was your experience?

I might be studying abroad there. I come from a Muay Thai background with some Wing Chun and Escrima

Pretty late on the reply , but I took some Muay Thai classes in Bankok from a traditional dojo. It was awesome, but that's my only Muay Experience. it was worth it though, i payed like 10 bucks per class. 

I've been taking Krav Maga for a few months now. Before that i always had an interest in boxing- watching and wanting to participate. I'll probably do Krav Maga for another 6 months, then move on to either Muay Thai, or a traditional Boxing gym. i'd like to fight a few real matches one day 

• 1 year later...