any fighters on here?

mizanation

I realised the other day that including 3 years off for uni, i've had my blue belt in BJJ for 5 years now. Also, I'm at work today and missing out on my school giving out promotions. They're also starting to give stripes, will be interesting to see what level my instructor rates everyone. I'm expecting to be a 1 or 2 stripe blue. (fuck I hate having missed 3 years!)

I feel you man, i should've gotten my blue belt around the end of last year. I got a nasty injury and was out for a few months, then lost my job so i haven't been able to pay for classes.

Hell, i don't even care about the belt that much i just miss training. :(

injuries have me on the verge of quitting.

this. Strained my knee after some bicycle stuff a few weeks ago, and still waiting for it to heal up. Wanted to enroll in a nearby muay thai academy (had been doing it at my university's classes), but I'm totally unable to spar and run right now, which really sucks.

On the plus side – the strain/tendonitis isn't bad enough that I can't surf. :) Which I'm exceedingly grateful for.

been doing the bjj for nearly a year now. grappling is great and i'm glad i finally took the plunge into the sport. just found this thread and am surprised that there are other sufu members down with the fight game.

After a few months in the sport, I outgrew most of my clothes. Actually only one pair of jeans are left. Happen to anyone else?

I'm 5' 9" when i started i was 155lbs, now I'm at 167lbs. my shoulders and thighs increased in size, everything else stayed relatively the same. It really makes it hard for me to find clothes now. A medium top will fit me length wise but be too tight in the shoulders. My thighs measure close to 24 inches around, but my waist is 30/31. that pretty much means i can't fit comfortably into any slim pants. But, it's a small price to pay to play the game. Bjj is the funnest shit ever and i encourage everyone to at least try it out.

started boxing about 2 and a half years ago (when i was 16) and got into muay thai and MMA not long after. Currently training under John Olesen at Fighter Center in New Zealand and training along side a few guys who are with Shooters MMA. should be having my first fight sometime in the near future. I'm suprised there are so many fighters on sufu, its good to see.

I'm surprised to see fighters on SuFu as well. Nice to see that most who post in this thread aren't haters or e-bitches either - I guess that makes sense.

I started with JKD then over the years moved to San Soo and Muay Thai. I stopped training but am thinking of starting again with Krav Maga. Not big into competition and from what I've seen / heard about Krav Maga, it's similar in philosophy to San Soo. I love "dirty" fighting styles.

I have to say, since our school started using stripes, it's like I just got my bluebelt again. Motherfucking target on my back. Anyone in class who has less stripes than me is out to prove they deserve my stripes. Rolled last night with a 2 stripe bluebelt and he went 100% the whole time and held onto chokes from positions where he had no chance of finishing them. I had to leave early to meet a friend but he had to leave early because he'd tired himself out rolling against me.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to try training twice a day, 3 times a week for a few weeks. Expecting to get my arse kicked but I really want to get my purple belt this year.

On a positive note, rolled last night with another 4 stripe bluebelt, jumped to guard, swept him, passed guard, mounted, took his back, ended up back in guard, repeated this literally about 5 times in a row before he barely escaped a triangle then gave up from exhaustion. If it had been scored I would have expected to win by about 65 points to zero. I just wish all my training sessions went as well.

I did Karate when i was little. Then got into Tae Kwon Do and got to senior purp but got bored so quit. Then started watching UFC and learning BJJ from it. I've wrestled with friends and i'm joining the team this year. And i've recently started learning BJJ from and instructor and boxing from my friends sister's boyfriend who's an amateur.

• 1 month later...

was doing boxing before for 2 years training but had to quit i was slow and i getbeat up in sparring all the time because im slow but when i hit i hit hard cause im strong but then again everytime you get hit your strength goes down..ok back to denim

• 5 weeks later...
trained muay thai for over a year on and off. I want to start actually fighting.

I feel my technique is probably decent enough to last at least 1 or 2 rounds without getting fucked up too bad.

3 minutes. Technique is good but needs alot of stamina to really last the rounds.