any fighters on here?

mizanation

Lol, good idea, or we could just post them in here?

Here is an old photo of me (cliche hand sign included), I can't fit into this gi any more! (I'm the white guy).

Atama gi

North Face dri-fit style t-shirt

Gracie Barra patch

Reversal Do Gi Design Works Limited patch

Atama belt

2cxhkiv.jpg

Lol, good idea, or we could just post them in here?

Here is an old photo of me (cliche hand sign included), I can't fit into this gi any more! (I'm the white guy).

Atama gi

North Face dri-fit style t-shirt

Gracie Barra patch

Reversal Do Gi Design Works Limited patch

Atama belt

2cxhkiv.jpg

heard hck's run a bit big and especially heavy when wet but has a pretty solid collar.

was looking into koral but the branding is a bit too much and seems a bit expensive...thought maybe fuji would be a good introductory gi and eventually get some more down the line.

otama's ftw? mundail 5/7/single/double weave?

HCK have a VERY thick collar, I found mine too roomy in the shoulders and arms and too tight across the midsection, wasn't that keen on the seam down the back either. I liked my atama gi quite a lot (just a normal gold weave) but day to day now I wear a Machado - simply because out of the gis I have, it fits best for me.

i wrestled in high school during the season. and did freestyle off season, and in college for a while to. shit is intense if you take it seriously.

but since then had to learn the ways of street fights. i hate that shit. for some reason my right thumb dislocated during EVERY fight i've been in. anyone else have a stupid issue like that.

i wrestled in high school during the season. and did freestyle off season, and in college for a while to. shit is intense if you take it seriously.

but since then had to learn the ways of street fights. i hate that shit. for some reason my right thumb dislocated during EVERY fight i've been in. anyone else have a stupid issue like that.

What's your fist like when you punch? What I mean is where is your thumb?

Also, Anybody in the Bay area know of a solid place to start boxing? I have always been interested but never had the time til now. Or should I consider muy thai or something?

^^ fairtex in moutain view?

on the topic of gi's. best bang for the buck ive found so far are fuji gis. theyre like.. 70 bucks? i own a fuji and the fit is great. pants were a little big so i gave them to my friend. had a keiko raca-- too big, sold the top, kept the pants, OTM-- shrunk to be too small, and my school's gi.

that being said, my next gi will probably be a vulkan.

edit: most recent WAYWT

copatourn09-3.jpg

blue fuju gi top

Tinguinha BJJ Academy patch

lucky gi belt

keiko raca pants

I see Tinguinha has kickboxing, just wondering how that is? Been looking for a good gym with Muay Thai/Kickboxing. Also, how much is the cost? Can't seem to find it on the website.

i train muay thai/kickboxing there as well as bjj.

i think its a good program, only meets twice a week though. wed. we do circuit training conditioning and fri. is sparring. i pay 1 rate for both bjj (unlimited clases) and kickboxing comes to about.. $160 (?) a month. theres a large discount for kickboxing when you do bjj, i think otherwise its $50 or something a month.

if you're looking to do only muay thai, ive always wanted to check out OC muay thai.

Yeah, I'm only looking to do Muay Thai.

And I tried a free day at OC MT about a year and a half ago. Its a pretty good gym. Small, but I kind of like that. Price is good too (I think $90 per month) Its too bad I live too far or else I would train there.

• 2 weeks later...

there's a ton of stuff out there although i hear a lot of people complain about the submissions 101 stuff as most of the people that practice over there at the gym suck ass.

all the big guys have instructional stuff( maia, machado, gracie, etc.)

• 1 month later...

Had a couple of friends and teammates out there, a few part of the adult blue belt 150-159, which i think had something like 140 people in the bracket.

No-gi is great! I am somewhat partial to it, in part because i enjoy the leglock game.

• 3 weeks later...