---- Ugly/Overrated shit that SF'ers beast over ----

englandmj7

I know there are many "sought after" items on this board, and that many of them certainly do not warrant the hype they receive. I nominate:

- Supreme P&B Wallys: These things are so fucking ugly and retarded looking it is almost hilarious. Not only is the crepe/rubber sole huge and unsightly (I am not a big fan of Clark's wallys to start with), but they couple it with a clog-shaped old man shoe.

- Sugar Cane Union Stars: These look like crap and fit even worse.

- Pure Blue jeans: I can feel the tension on this one. Who gives a crap if these are "slubby," they don't look that great on, and the prices are higher than they should be.

By all means people, chime in.

red moon wallets i hugely second

select visvims - duck boots and nam jun jungle boots come to mind (sorry england :P)

most of the w)taps gear ive seen

Ha hah. It's all good! I know I like stuff that alot of people would find ugly, and I don't blame people for not being into the look of some Visvims.

That's what this thread is for........don't be scurred Supergays

Guest StuckOnStupid

i find the fawning over big ugly black boots a little weird. they look like doc martens or army issue shits, likely are not any more comfy than those, and unless you are a badass motherfucker in other aspects you look like a poofter playing dress up in them.

most dior homme is fucking ridiculous too. oooh, a shirt that looks like you got shot. i know a much cheaper way to acheive the same effect. try actually wearing that shirt anywear other than the internet, its shtoopid

also clarks are the shit and you are dumb stupid ugly etc.

I know there are many "sought after" items on this board, and that many of them certainly do not warrant the hype they receive. I nominate:

- Supreme P&B Wallys: These things are so fucking ugly and retarded looking it is almost hilarious. Not only is the crepe/rubber sole huge and unsightly (I am not a big fan of Clark's wallys to start with), but they couple it with a clog-shaped old man shoe.

- Sugar Cane Union Stars: These look like crap and fit even worse.

- Pure Blue jeans: I can feel the tension on this one. Who gives a crap if these are "slubby," they don't look that great on, and the prices are higher than they should be.

By all means people, chime in.

ALL THREE I AGREE....do not understand how people think those P&B wallabies are good...

red moon wallets. probably not overrated but they are ugly as fuck. and huge. even when they're not filled with money.

agreed, they seem extremely inconvenient and look like something a 65 year old cowboy would use as a man purse to hold maps and accesories in.

I also agree on sugarcanes, sorry but to me many sugarcane models seem to fit really bad. and not because they're not cut slim, but they just look odd shaped.

Guest StuckOnStupid
agreed, they seem extremely inconvenient and look like something a 65 year old cowboy would use as a man purse to hold maps and accesories in.

I also agree on sugarcanes, sorry but to me many sugarcane models seem to fit really bad. and not because they're not cut slim, but they just look odd shaped.

they make asses look big, sorry jean guys. if there is one thing that completely grosses me out is a voluptuous-looking ass on a dude.

it just makes me want to lay down and die sobbing.

haha fuck that sounds like a 50 Cent album!

I don't get why anyone finds a beat, dirty pair of Chucks or Purcells aesthetically pleasing at all, or how they compliment a $300 pair of jeans

Kixslf's new style - I just prefer the more active, modern look to the classic "grown-up" shoes and sweaters thing.

Swear

W-Taps Vans

Red Moon

Supreme Bubble Goose Jackets

Agree with PBJ's and would expand it to 50% of japanese repro denim products. A LOT of them fit like crap. i know it's about the denim, and i respect that, and the fact that they will stretch and change and fit better over time, but its 2007 people! there are companies making more modern cuts! copy them if you must.

yes! those swear shoes bug the hell out of me. pointy toes belong on cowboy boots and high heels.

most visvim except the prison issue type.

if i went to a high priced clown school i'd wear supreme.

those flathead western shirts everyone is pissing themselves over. because they are western shirts.

yes! those swear shoes bug the hell out of me. pointy toes belong on cowboy boots and high heels.

most visvim except the prison issue type.

if i went to a high priced clown school i'd wear supreme.

those flathead western shirts everyone is pissing themselves over. because they are western shirts.

Word. I really like the look of the Flathead shirts but for $165? What the fuck. I guarantee you that true western brands (even Wrangler) make a shirt that will last a hell of alot longer for 1/10th of the price. I wouldn't turn down a free one though.......:D

PBJ - agree.

Union Stars - agree. even though I appreciate canes, the entire line fits strange

Red Moon - agree. the 5x10 wallet sticking out, that looks utterly stupid

like to add:

W&H Hoodie

chain/leatherstrap on your wallet. Better left to Sue on Swingers, okay? "You're not from here, you don't know what it's like"

why/what about them? do you just not like dress shoes in general, or does a company making extremely high quality leather goods without outsourcing whatsoever piss you off?

I am a huge dress shoe fan and own many. I agree on the dislike towards AE. Many of the reasons are expressed in this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=29998

They are high quality, but generally clunky and unfashionable compared to C&J, etc. You would expect a little more at their price points.