What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

Quote:

phew canice,

wouldn't have figured you for a hardcore gal

those shows look pretty intense, or maybe thats your talent....

--- Original message by nairb49 on Dec 6, 2005 07:52 PM

is it because most hardcore kids (guys and girls) can't dress themselves? ;)

thanks for the kind words. i wouldn't say it takes a lot of talent to shoot shows, but it gets my name out there.

canice nice pictures.

i wouldnt have expected you to be into hardcore but i guess it makes sense now that you knew who one life crew was when ray posted them in the currently listening to thread.

Edited by adsurgo on Dec 6, 2005 at 09:14 PM

its nice to know other people on this board that are interested in the music scene as well as photography. big thumbs up. i shoot whatever comes to town (mtl) or whatever universal music wants me at which means most of the shows are at bigger venues when i'd really prefer the diy basement/smaller venue shows. Nice shots tho canice.

dec7_1.jpg

dec7_2.jpg

Oversized beanie = Lacoste

Parka = H&M

Military jacket = H&M

Black vneck tshirt = Banana Republic

Rosary = H&M

Keynecklace = Homemade

Eagle Drop neckale = Dior homme

Dress pants = Helmut Lang

Slouchy boots = Undercover

Quote:

its nice to know other people on this board that are interested in the music scene as well as photography. big thumbs up. i shoot whatever comes to town (mtl) or whatever universal music wants me at which means most of the shows are at bigger venues when i'd really prefer the diy basement/smaller venue shows. Nice shots tho canice.

--- Original message by wax on Dec 6, 2005 09:31 PM

i can't imagine not photographing hardcore shows - it's a natural extension of being involved in the scene (haha). the kids are so much more involved in the band's performance than any other genre i've seen, and i think it's important to document diy movements, because at some point it'll become history. i would never want to shoot those big concerts because it's such a passive experience with barricades, arenas, seats, all that stuff. no diss to you though, it definitely takes real skill to shoot those. i would be interested in seeing some if you have it online.

adsurgo: most people don't expect girls to listen to aggro music in the first place. and i don't wear black tshirts with some boring, interchangeable band graphic.

anyway to get back on topic, kudos to mouko for being a prime example that you don't have to buy expensive items to look couture.

Quote:

Mouko that looks like a mighty good impersonation of the Dior Homme jacket. How much?

--- Original message by nwhysee on Dec 7, 2005 03:26 PM

60.00. Pretty thin. I could have honestly waited until sales but then again most of the sizes are already gone. Jacket is pretty useless for NY winters but I think it will be a nice addition to the spring wardrobe.

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by wax on Dec 6, 2005 09:31 PM

i can't imagine not photographing hardcore shows - it's a natural extension of being involved in the scene (haha). the kids are so much more involved in the band's performance than any other genre i've seen, and i think it's important to document diy movements, because at some point it'll become history. i would never want to shoot those big concerts because it's such a passive experience with barricades, arenas, seats, all that stuff. no diss to you though, it definitely takes real skill to shoot those. i would be interested in seeing some if you have it online.

adsurgo: most people don't expect girls to listen to aggro music in the first place. and i don't wear black tshirts with some boring, interchangeable band graphic.

anyway to get back on topic, kudos to mouko for being a prime example that you don't have to buy expensive items to look couture.

--- Original message by canice on Dec 7, 2005 02:41 PM

i dont not expect girls to listen to it. i dont know how it is there but in jersey alot of girls i know are into aggro music. the percentage of girl at most shows i go to is probably about like 35 - 45%.

i think i was more suprised that you were into hardcore just because you hadnt made any references of any sort and wore run dmc shirts. but then again im the same way so...

Guest ey mang

Picture003_.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

LRG track jacket

Ralph Lauren Polo

Seven Jeans ( i know you people dont like sevens but w/e)

Unlucky High Top Dunks

Edited by ey mang on Dec 7, 2005 at 09:51 PM

Edited by ey mang on Dec 7, 2005 at 09:52 PM

Quote:

Grenade Gloves Howitzer Down Parka

Fucked-up fingerless mitts from Walmart

Muji Turtle-neck

Gap Waxed 1969 with bias binding

Hugo Boss vintage combat boots

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Dec 7, 2005 10:33 PM

im assuming you dont have a camera, i would have liked to see what they look like on someone not a dork gap model

crazy crazy story.

so last night i went to starbucks with my friend helen. we're sitting outside having coffee and a bunch of guys sit outside on the patio as well. i don't think much of them but i see some guy with some nice dunks on and i'm telling my friend about them. and then we leave, i go home and online, someone messages me on AIM asking me about the sweater (in the picture) which he saw off superfuture (recent purchases..). i ask him if he's local in the bay because i bought it in San Francisco and then he says yeah. he says he lives by San Jose/Milptas.. which is where i live, off the same exit. after further research, i figure, this stranger who messaged me about my sweater, was the same guy at starbucks with the dunks. true story.

fit2.jpg

fit1.jpg

upperplayground hoodie

H&M beanie

ringer top

gap belt

H&M jeans

vans x syndicate

Edited by samsikle on Dec 8, 2005 at 02:31 PM