What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

today:

jacket.jpg

black mihara yasuhiro my 14 pumas

blue home tapered jeans

black+white striped vintage shirt.. with arms and chest taken in for a slim fit

aquascutum jacket, used to be a full length ladies trench, till i moved the buttons, slimmed the sides, took it up, took out the bust shapes.. now a mid/short jacket with full double breast to bottom :)

white muslin round neck

minolta camera bag circa 40s/50s/60s? [standard 8 - all steel camera was inside.. very bulky moulding like 40s/50s photographic stuff..]

:)

Quote:

Mr. Highstreet, I like what you are doing with the cropped coats. Pretty smart. I'd love to see you wearing one of your cropped trench coats along with a pair of bottomless leather chaps. I think that would be a really good look for you.

--- Original message by Bert and Pat Guiterrez on Nov 27, 2005 10:36 PM

dunno man.. some people just arent born with your wit..

post a pic of yourself mate.. better stil.... learn how to use a sewing machine.. better stil.. dress how YOU [an individual... right?] want to dress...

twat.

Quote:

thomas_highstreet, could you please share how those MY-14s fit? Thanks.

--- Original message by Dangydang on Nov 27, 2005 10:59 PM

big!!!! they run real big.. but they are tight on the top of your foot, so you gotta take that into account.. and even if your feet doesnt fill the shoe all the way to the tip of the toe.. they stil feel comfy on..

im normally a [uk] 8.5.. so i get a 8 or 9 in most shoes.. in the pumas i took a 8.. and theyre pretty roomy.. i reckon i could have got away with a 7 really.. but im stil happy with them.. i wouldnt take em back or anything.. theyre kinda like a pointed dress shoe.. you dont really expect your toe to hit the end all the way.. eheh..

i'd buy them a half size down.. and kinda 'round it off'.. so if ur normally like a 9.5 pick up a 9.. or if your a 10.. id stil pick up a 9 if i was you.. go .5 or a whole size down..

Alright Highstreet, sorry about the chaps comment, but I sincerly do like the cropped coats that you are making. I'm all for the good stuff you are putting up here. I have a Comme des Garcon trench coat from a few years ago that was treated similarly, but instead of taking a pair of scissors all the way around like you did they just cut out a large half circle at the rear.

do you prefer ladies clothing?

this just seems like a pain in the ass :

Quote: took out the bust shapes..

why don't you do the same to men's clothing and minimize the alterations?

just curious.

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

a1a36d64.jpg

ddbb0063.jpg

Making do with the left-behind clothes at the parents' house

thomas_highstreet--I love your coat but when you moved the buttons, did you do something about the front pleat on the righthand side? Did you just cover it? or I guess you might not have moved those...

Edited by sonja on Nov 28, 2005 at 12:51 AM

Quote:

Thomas - isnt the sculpture park great! Thats only about 30 mins from my house (i live in sheffield) and there some gorgeous pieces there, hope you enjoyed yourself.

Edited by docdoom on Nov 28, 2005 at 04:36 AM

--- Original message by docdoom on Nov 28, 2005 04:35 AM

doom! im moving to the city of steel next year! we should hook up!!!!

Quote:

do you prefer ladies clothing?

this just seems like a pain in the ass :

Quote: took out the bust shapes..

why don't you do the same to men's clothing and minimize the alterations?

just curious.

--- Original message by Music for the Masses on Nov 27, 2005 11:51 PM

ahh.. just the fabric on those jackets were so nice! and i enjoy a challenge.. i guess.. haha

the jacket is vintage, and i would have thought back then most mens trenches were very classic plain colours, blacks, greens, greys, beige etc etc.. and i didnt want to buy a modern re-production of those aquascutum patterns and fabric.... so took a womans one and sorted it out....... i just enjoy figuring shit out.. every time you start a project you learn alot about how stuffs put together.. so when making stuff from scratch i will know how to make it fit alot better etc...

as for me liking ladies clothing? i only have 2 pairs of womens jeans [i have about 20 pairs of jeans in total, so its not really that much] - 2 jackets, and a couple of knits which ive altered to be a bit more 'manly' in their shape.. heh.. - really.. i just enjoy working creativly..

Quote:
Quote:

Thomas - isnt the sculpture park great! Thats only about 30 mins from my house (i live in sheffield) and there some gorgeous pieces there, hope you enjoyed yourself.

Edited by docdoom on Nov 28, 2005 at 04:36 AM

--- Original message by docdoom on Nov 28, 2005 04:35 AM

doom! im moving to the city of steel next year! we should hook up!!!!

--- Original message by thomas_highstreet on Nov 28, 2005 08:46 AM

Wicked! When ya moving and where are you living? For study or general life n shit?

I really like it as a city though quite a few people i know don't. I think a lot of the social ting is based on music - my type of stuff is well represented here so its all good.

Give me a pm then mate for sure!

Edited by docdoom on Nov 28, 2005 at 11:45 AM