What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

Quote:
Quote:

wtf.......a&f has slim cut jeans?

--- Original message by kixslf on Feb 22, 2006 03:31 AM

Everyone and their mom has been making slim cut jeans for about 2-3 seasons now.

The whole "skinny jean thing started as an early backlash against bootcut jeans by NYC East villagers, and fashionable Berliners and Parisians in particular. There were essentially 2 reactions to the extreme bootcuts - one was the Rogan "antifit" and loose fit aesthetic (which I prefer), the other the "skinny jean" aesthetic. I think that the skinny jean aesthetic caught more momentum because Hedi Slimane became "the" celebrity designer at that time, and he was always enamoured of APC's skinny silhouette, which, coincidentally, began expanding its distribution around 2001.

By 2003-2004, the lowrise bootcut had reached its apex, and the backlash against that trend had moved beyond the early adopters to the general population. In 2000-2001, unless you were in Japan or had access to obscure repro brands, you essentially had Helmut Lang and APC to choose from for straightleg/skinny/tapered jeans) in North America. Europeans had a wider range to choose from (SBU, for example) but the Swedish brands hadn't really become popular yet. Now, the Gap, Banana Republic, A&F, all carry skinny jeans, selvedge jeans, or both.

I'm not trying to "hold court" or whatever. I'm just writing my observations, and a lot of trend forecasters could write the same thing I just did.

--- Original message by LA Guy on Feb 22, 2006 10:02 AM

i don't believe it, nobody in Berlin is fashionable, & Berliners are not fashion leaders. maybe it's tourists from London or something. we are all about keepin the 80s and mid 90s clubwear alive. oooh yeah, buffalo platform sneakers! there are no fashion forward leaders coming from this city.

Quote: dood chill out, England, it's obvious you don't like LA GUY, but he should be free to say whatever he wants. ST is about discussing fashion and that's what LA is doing. I don't think he is being overbearing or arrogant about his opinions.

Your right. I don't mean to be a jerk, but I definitely didn't say anything cruel or offensive....I will stop now.....sorry Minya.....

icon_smile_tongue.gif

Like the dude a few posts above, been lurking for a while, and here's my first post. (No camera around though, sorry)...

New Era Black on Black Red Sox hat... http://images.hatworld.com/product/5/1099479/1_250.jpg

Burton Mark XIII Cocktail Jacket

Guns Up! Big L white tee

Earnest Sewn Hutch Formula 21

Tagur White Laser Sneaker... http://www.fixins.com/blogtest/tagur2.jpg

I see two people in black jackets in this photo...well hoodies maybe. But I'm going to guess you're the one with the Levi's (edit:didn't see the "levi's" comment, my bad). But you'd think if you were going to post a WDYW pic you'd at least be able to see the entire outfit...

Personally...I'm digging the sweats on the left...classy. And DAMN! Are those K-Swiss?

Anyways:

AA Hoody

LRG Tee

H&M Dry Sliq

Nike Tennis Classic

oavqfq.jpg

Edited by WhoGotMeIntoThis on Feb 22, 2006 at 04:47 PM

I really like the bearded dude's outfit. Very casual, laidback. Reminds me of, say, a Prefontaine era outfit, updated. And the guy says he is a runner. And did he say that he was from Oregon?

Also like Brad Pitt's outfit. Very good use of color juxaposition. The blue keeps the outfit from looking washed out and gives it visual interest, as do the pinstripes on the Vans, and the white hoodie and Vans keep the outfit coherent. The fit is consistent, and consistently good, throughout. Always thought Brangelina was a white dude, though Maddox is sort of Asian looking, so...

[edited out derail]

Edited by minya on Feb 22, 2006 at 06:21 PM

seriously, i've been wearing these skinny or slim fits since fucken 1999. so please,run of the mill fashion while it is motivated by runways for sure, doesnt determine your whole bloody wardrobe.

anyone who wants to tell me i am a poseur or what not, can come here to eat my punk ass.

and yes, skinny jeans have been a punk staple since sid vicious. so bite me.

today:

IMG_2563.jpg

Gucci glasses

thrift store t-shirt

thrift store button-up

nudie slim jim greycasts (the only jeans i wear at the moment)

adidas italia

watch - got it on ebay like 4 years ago from some guy who made the bands himself and threw a cheap watch face on it.

Edited by haptronic on Feb 23, 2006 at 12:52 AM

Yeah, its a good winter beard! I had mine last winter also, then shaved it,

then rocked the beard again all summer (which was kinda uncomfortable at times!) then shaved during the fall, then grew it again.

Its probably a bad thing that my job allows it.. shows you how serious i am about my career!

I should get a better job if only so that i could afford to buy things i see on here that i would like.

I love my Italias. I have only the black on white colorway right now, and would dearly love a pair in that green colorway. if you see a pair in size 11, PM my way. Those are definitely classics. In my book, they go right up there with Chucks and Clark boots.

Edited by haptronic on Feb 23, 2006 at 12:59 AM

haptronic-

im done now.

i promise.

im wearing a vintage ringer with a homemade iron-on transfer

vintage stretch 517s that fit like more like a 606 or a slim jim (no discernable flare whatsoever)

brand spanking new optical white slip ons (im so over all these crazy limited edition colorways right now and these look like they have been spray painted white. totally clean. cant wait to get them dirty!)

Edited by cultpop 0217 on Feb 23, 2006 at 01:48 AM

thanks, LA guy. Yeah, those Italias have been my number one pair of shoes for about the past 3 years (right up there with a pair of red leather all-stars i had that got stolen at a music festival - i left them outside my tent). And I stumbled upon them for like 30 euros in a pile (literally) of sale shoes in a shop in amsterdam, so i got a good deal...

Now i reallt want some adidas japans (i think thats the model name) - they have a similar look in like an orangish/burgundy color scheme.. sounds hideous, i know, but they look damn good.

Quote:

tonight to go to a music show with mskixslf

camo army surplus

gap hoodie

green shirt

nudie ralfs

12.99 slip ons from target

of12pt.jpg

--- Original message by kixslf on Feb 22, 2006 07:47 PM

i think you look alot like mc chris here (not just the outfit, but in the face also!)

and hopefully people here know who mc chris is, so the reference isnt completely lost.

Today I'm busting out:

Black Lyle & Scott vintage jumper

black button up shirt underneath

Nudie Slim Jims (starting to look nice, 5 months old)

Bargain ostrich skin brown skinny belt (£13!)

Bargain rich brown lace up leather shoes, rounded pointy end, colour is developing nicely on them and they were only £20!

Armani oversize watch

I bet I look a right c**t icon_smile_big.gif