My 11 yr old daughter in Sammies. WTF?

mikesduc

those look like they're 9 sizes too big

on the plus side, they should help keep the boys away for another year or two!

well...

i think that a hot wash and tumble dry (or BiG's one-wash service -- where did you buy 'em?) would turn them into a nice tomboyish jean for her, and they'd fit her for at least a year or so...

11 year-olds (boy or girl) are pretty fickle, though, so maybe she'd just decide to quit wearing them after a month. that'd be a shame.

well...

i think that a hot wash and tumble dry (or BiG's one-wash service -- where did you buy 'em?) would turn them into a nice tomboyish jean for her, and they'd fit her for at least a year or so...

11 year-olds (boy or girl) are pretty fickle, though, so maybe she'd just decide to quit wearing them after a month. that'd be a shame.

my sammies didn't seem to shrink all that much in the seat area. Mostly in length. But then again I didn't tumble dry...

I guess she could grow into them.. and the fact that they're unhemmed would facilitate this. But I'll echo the 'fickle' comment. Probably not a good idea.

she has to have them

you think your daughter doesn't deserve the best?

not really, no :o

(not for clothes anyway)

She's pretty much a clothes hound. She has pretty good sense of style and puts her own looks together. Supposedly she is the trendsetter in her class. She has a twin sister who could care less so it's pretty funny to see the difference. My wife is sorta pissed since I bought them for her and my kid might end up getting them which almost makes it worth it to give them to her. I'll keep reading opinions as long as they keep coming and let you know which way I decide.

I know a lot of important points have already been made by the fellow SF-ers, but let me just do a quick summary of why you souldn't have you daughter wearing those jeans.

1) Not only do the jeans look big in the legs/hips/waist, they are most likely massive in the inseam. If you plan to get them hemmed she might grow out of them in a year or so. The shrinking method might work, however, after a few weeks the jeans will most likely strech out again. If you refer back to Sam's post of his daughter his daughters sammies didn't shrink that much. Due to the fact that the jeans were big on his daughter she wasn't able to get good honeycombs.

2) Kids change their fashion styles very easily. I personally believe that it is hard for a kid to want to wear the same jeans for 6 months without washing them. It might seem just downright repulsive to them. Kids are also easily swayed by what their friends have to say. If people make fun of the fact that her jeans are too big/smell bad/ look dirty this might discourage her in wearing them.

I personally think that if you daughter wants raw denim you should buy a pair that suits her. In the long run everything will work out better. I believe that the jeans are too baggy. Maybe you can sell those sammies and with the money pick up 2 pairs of slim kims. One for your wife and one for your daughter.

Just a thought!

My sammies shrunk a ton in the seat, legs and inseam. The waist only shrunk a bit but still enough that I had to stretch them out after the soak. They shrank even more after the first wash.

Pre-soak

preskfitb.jpg

Post-soak

nov2406b.jpg

Besides shes gonna hit a growth spurt probably giving her some hips soon so they may be OK as a boyish type fit.

I know a lot of important points have already been made by the fellow SF-ers, but let me just do a quick summary of why you souldn't have you daughter wearing those jeans.

1) Not only do the jeans look big in the legs/hips/waist, they are most likely massive in the inseam. If you plan to get them hemmed she might grow out of them in a year or so. The shrinking method might work, however, after a few weeks the jeans will most likely strech out again. If you refer back to Sam's post of his daughter his daughters sammies didn't shrink that much. Due to the fact that the jeans were big on his daughter she wasn't able to get good honeycombs.

2) Kids change their fashion styles very easily. I personally believe that it is hard for a kid to want to wear the same jeans for 6 months without washing them. It might seem just downright repulsive to them. Kids are also easily swayed by what their friends have to say. If people make fun of the fact that her jeans are too big/smell bad/ look dirty this might discourage her in wearing them.

I personally think that if you daughter wants raw denim you should buy a pair that suits her. In the long run everything will work out better. I believe that the jeans are too baggy. Maybe you can sell those sammies and with the money pick up 2 pairs of slim kims. One for your wife and one for your daughter.

Just a thought!

wow sounds like a lot of SFers