ouch

mike lowrey

i was really hungry and tried to shuck an oyster with a butterfly knife. while repeating in my head "be really careful, be really really careful" over and over again. i ended up cutting the tip of my ring finger off on my left hand. just the meat though, i could see the bone. they sewed it back on, but now the meat crooked, finger print is all screwed and i severed the nerve ending so now i can't really feel anything on the tip of that finger.

after comming home from the hospital, i fucking shucked the blood stained oyster and ate that fucker in revenge (for my stupitity).

Doesn't sound like much, but the day after I had hernia surgery, I coughed (smoker's hack) really hard. It hurt so bad I couldn't see, everything was just white. After about ten minutes I was able to make my way across the floor to my bottle of Vicodin, took 3 and passed the fuck out. On the positive side, it made me quit smoking, been 8 years now with no relapses.

(best part of this thread is that it's tagged "dinosaurs playing pool")

i tore a tendon in my finger playing football a few thanksgivings ago.

i thought i'd just sprained it at first, so i went home and deep fried a turkey.

when i went to the doctor the following monday, they did this to reattach the tendon:

finger1.jpg

finger2.jpg

was running into a closing elevator...was being an idiot and i was half hopping, my rightside big toe hit the edge of the elevator floor between the gap between the elevator and the main floor. front tip of my toe got obliterated and my toe nail got ripped out (wearing flipflops). i didnt noticed my toe was bleeding like crazy until i looked down to see a huge pull of blood around my foot. girlfriend started crying and panicking.

got to the hospital, gave me 2 shots of lidacain (spelling?) into my big toe which hurt probably more than the injury itself.

i have whats called a "chiari malformation" in my brian(just search it on wikipedia cause i dont feel like explaining it) and while its still only a level 1, i get the most excruciating headaches all the time. it feels like my head was put in a really big fucking clamp and squished beyond recognition. as far as i'm aware, they're not positive if thats it so they can't do the surgery and i dont want it anyway, so i get to live with these fucked up headaches for the rest of my life! they only last 45 seconds at the longest, so whatever hahaha.

Oh yeah, I accidentally rubbed oil from a freshly chopped habanero pepper into my eyes while cooking a few weeks back . Holy crap, I thought I had blinded myself for about half an hour there.

word.

was once camping in the desert... made a nice breakfast that involved some jalapeños... then put my contacts in -- literally sidelined me for the whole afternoon :(

In 6th grade of middle school, I broke my jaw while I playing sports. I kneed myself in the jaw while trying to go under a hurdle and I didn't know I broke it until my jaw kept unhidging itself on the right side making a clicking noise each time I open my mouth. I didn't go to the doctor or tell my parents but everything fixed itself... six years later.

Also, I had a staple go through my thumb while trying to take it off with my bare fingers.

Yeah... stupid times.

bed called me a douchebag

:(

haha... I gave him neg. rep for that and then he gave me bad rep with the comment "Fuck you.", for a post that says "Why are there mormons?" in the "ask a cracker" thread. I think he's mormon, dude. No wonder he's all tubgirly.

Broke my left arm back in october, but that wasn't the shit that hurt. What hurt was when the pain killers wore off after the surgery, and taking out one of the three 10cm pins inplanted in the bone ( the other two are still in there, neat ). The scar is nice and healed now, so I can't post a sweet pic like snugglepony.

deep fried my fingers while gingerly laying down some dough for Malaysian fried flat bread (anyone know what I'm talking about). Stupidest part was I was trying to avoid getting burned by splashes of boiling hot oil so I was slowly putting the dough in...but because i wasn't watching my fingers i miscalculated the level of the oil so i dipped my fingers right into it...my fingers were in pain for days, and the scars left by the blisters lasted half a year!

Physical pain is forgotten in time, had my share. WORST pain ever...Dear John I received while serving in combat zone. That movie "Jarhead", one of the authenic parts was the wall of shame, I think every unit had one and very few marriages I knew of survived it. Back in 91 we did not have email and video phones or digital cameras so communication was usually very bad news in a letter 3 weeks too late. Godamn the pain..I still remember how it felt and I will never forget it.

yeah. i would pull out my fingernails with a welding torch and plyers before subjecting myself to that kind of pain again.

e-hug man.

as I have already stated elsewhere, having the end of my cock razored off while wide awake was pretty painful. But as an addendum I should say that crashing a dirt bike in the australian Jungle and dislocating an arm, breaking your collarbone and bouncing so hard on the road that you receive internal injuries so bad you're still bruised 7 years later is also up there.

I looked cool doing it, though.

Guest StuckOnStupid
word.

was once camping in the desert... made a nice breakfast that involved some jalapeños... then put my contacts in -- literally sidelined me for the whole afternoon :(

reminds me...once, while high on the pot, i ate a shitload of incredibly spicy nuclear wings...they where called armageddon wings, actually...they sounded an air horn when you ordered them. i then went and layed on the couch to watch the tv and put my hands down my pants to fondle myself.

no kinda fun.

i also rubbed tiger balm on the soles of my feet to see if it would hlp some pain i had.

fuck im stupid.

Guest doubletap

broke my hand and had to have two surgeries... I need another one to remove the metal pins still left in there. movement in my index finger sucks now.

broke my nose, fractured a rib, and split my lip before.

sybaritical, holy christ... were you tortured or something?

• 1 month later...

See my avatar. I had 2 broken ribs that were only 6 days old (right where the big crescent part is) when I got tatted. Oh and if you look closely, there's another crescent around my areola - that hurt the most. And the artist had a heavy hand. Every part of that tat is raised from how deep he went. That fuckin' hurt.

Started at midnight and ended at 3:45am. No caffine and no alcohol.

• 6 months later...

The worst 'ouch' so far was when I had to do a needle biopsy. I had to lie face down and not move an inch while they had a machine extract marrow from my right scapula. 30 minutes and I wasn't even put under :mad:

Second was at ucsf, I had an IV hooked up to my chest. When they initally struck the needle into my chest they had applied Elma creme (can't feel shit only pressure when they stabbed me with the needle). Halfway through the dosage the needle popped out. They needed to put it back in asap but the Elma creme takes 15-45 minutes to work (depending on type) so I didn't get the Elma treatment and that shit hurt.