thinkfilm28

Mister Freedom

4 minutes ago, scooby said:

Just a fit update to show how nicely they’ve stretched in 2 weeks. Great fitting jeans. The midnight denim is a nice addition to my wardrobe

7C07E436-2280-4840-B858-E63C1A47F85A.thumb.jpeg.b7773752680cd58840437a9c5c415e69.jpeg

B9F1F87F-7287-4C12-B387-040450AE0B8B.thumb.jpeg.afdef974ad6ebbe0701e9540d0b65946.jpeg

Looking awesome!!!! 

I saw that a few days ago. I get the Olympics theme, but wow. Nothing in there I thought was appealing. 

Totally agree, I guess we'll see what's to come from the perennial Sportsman collection.

I kinda like the Contender hoodie, but that's it.

The closer any brand gets to 60s/70s gear the less well received it gets … but the tracksuits are a bit too vintage Fila for my tastes (even though I do like a bit of athleticwear :ph34r2:). Needles have being doing it better for a few years now.

I saw the collection in person a few weeks back and it looks a lot better in person. I didn’t expect to particularly like the satin jacket but in person it was super nice, the fit seemed solid and the price was really good too. Obviously it takes a certain type of person to rock a full sweatsuit. I wasn’t sure what to expect going in based on the preview photos but walked out of the meeting very pleasantly surprised and excited to see the final products. Sportsman collection looked good too. 

I like his jeans and some of the jackets, his take on old nautical pieces etc. Some are really fantastic. But to my mind these are pieces that haven't really improved over the years if you're looking for good offerings - the best stuff is still just the best replica (or replica with a twist) that a designer can come up with (ranch jacket - great twists!).

But as someone who is in athletic gear 5 days a week for functional purposes, and doesn't really think it looks all that great for general purposes I don't get the repro of all this stuff - I could say the same for Warehouse - another one of my favorite jeansmakers. Athletic gear now is way better than the stuff from 40 years ago. Training in an old school sweatsuit or trackpants is miserable compared to the fabrics you can get now. Just not for me I suppose. 

Reminds me to get my ranch jacket out though... 

AlientoyWorkmachine  I'm curious. Why are modern workout clothes better? Are the fabrics more breathable? 

17 hours ago, CSL said:

AlientoyWorkmachine  I'm curious. Why are modern workout clothes better? Are the fabrics more breathable? 

More breathable, lighter, more durable (as you can imagine this stuff gets washed constantly), wick moisture better, more supportive and also just more comfortable to train in. And in the case of designer/fashion oriented reproductions like this - a better value IMO. 

Depends on what you want out of your gear I guess but the only times I would wear vintage training gear stuff for actual training is if I were feeling more masochistic on a particular day. And even then, I wouldn't pay for the fashion version of it. Then again I usually train in my basement, I suppose if you go to a gym to be seen maybe the calculus is different. 

1 hour ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

I usually train in my basement

So why wear anything at all? :laugh2:

21 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

So why wear anything at all? :laugh2:

I tried your suggestion which I'd never thought of before! Anyways, today I realize clothes serve as a protective barrier. Who would have thought! ;)

Anyone interested in picking up my sz 40 tiger stripe advisor jacket? Help fund my lot 64 Hawaii’s lol 

EC7D40FD-C659-4258-9B18-F501816C41BC.jpeg

lntZ3te.jpgmExFOaF.jpg9F9YBlf.jpg

Continental // Skivvy // Lot 74

ClbSOsj.jpg

This looks awesome on you.

It’s been sat on the shelf for a while but thanks to the weather I can enjoy my MF Map shirt, though if it cools off anymore I’ll most probably enjoy it more with a jumper over it. 
8E5CA672-FCBF-4C44-8FF2-D5FAF8BF0EAF.thumb.jpeg.49e85488e2ac80816807bb5338e24ff7.jpeg

Grailed Have a pair of Hawaii 64's w32 One-washed from SE I'm trying to get rid of if anyone is interested. Haven't worn them outside since getting back from SE's hem