thinkfilm28

Mister Freedom

Tempting to get a JMM  one dat..my goal is persol ar the moment ;)

Really into this new plaid Dude Rancher, thinking about picking one up.
Dude-rancher-Joan-Plaid-15.jpeg

^ I've considered it as well, it looks very nice but the pockets are putting me off. I find them a bit over designed. It would have been an easier sale if the flap were toned down a little.

It's a little flashy, compared to the other versions the "M" stitch on the pockets gets lost in the plaid pattern (which is a good thing IMO).

I agree on the pockets but one of the nicest and authentic western patterns and colors.

Do they include the hanger with purchase?

I liked the M stitch.

I thought the fabric coming down to such an exaggerated point was a bit much.

Edited by Pedro

Yeah it's a nice shirt. I saw it at the store the other day and it was thicker than I was expecting. I don't know the exact weight, but it seemed fairly hefty.

I think I read that it's 8.25 oz., or somewhere in that ballpark.

4 hours ago, Broark said:

I think I read that it's 8.25 oz., or somewhere in that ballpark.

That's way lighter than it looked haha :D I didn't actually handle it though. I was too busy trying on jackets. 

Just checked and you are correct - it is 8.25oz. My eyes deceived me.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

Definitely could be the rigidity of the unwashed fabric playing into it too. Lighter weight flannels are a win in my book, I’ll take 8.25 oz over 14 oz or whatever IH is pushing. 

1 minute ago, Broark said:

Definitely could be the rigidity of the unwashed fabric playing into it too. Lighter weight flannels are a win in my book, I’ll take 8.25 oz over 14 oz or whatever IH is pushing. 

Especially in our climates. An Iron Heart flannel is warmer than a lot of my jackets.

No doubt, that’s why I’ve been selling a lot of my IH flannels off! Nearly impossible to wear here asides from as an over shirt in the dead of winter...

Edited by Broark

40 minutes ago, Broark said:

No doubt, that’s why I’ve been selling a lot of my IH flannels off! Nearly impossible to wear here asides from as an over shirt in the dead of winter...

Yeah I got rid of most of my flannels now as well except for a couple of rather thin ones. If I need to be warm, I'd rather layer with a sweatshirt anyway.

^ yes. My "white whale" jeans; this Ahab will eventually cop...

Lot 64 LHT Cone...very slow & subtle fades, but such a cool fabric.

481832712_IMG_4180copy.thumb.jpg.fd353ea312c882366d281a48743f167c.jpg558719754_IMG_4176copy.thumb.jpg.8cfd574a7662a41d7ad93880d49a5507.jpg

Meanwhile, is the new Snipes chambray made with the same Buzz fabric as BR's own USN chambray? Nice details, but quite the premium price if it is the same fabric.

On 9/17/2020 at 12:56 AM, MileHighEvertonian said:

Meanwhile, is the new Snipes chambray made with the same Buzz fabric as BR's own USN chambray? Nice details, but quite the premium price if it is the same fabric

What about a 150$ difference in price tag of jeans when both MF and Sugar Cane used to same Okinawa fabric? 

9 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

What about a 150$ difference in price tag of jeans when both MF and Sugar Cane used to same Okinawa fabric? 

Fair question. It's tricky because the products are different and there's something to be said for the creative/design efforts of MF, not to mention that MF and SC target different customers. I'm not sure about differences in cutting & sewing costs despite the collaborative manufacturing efforts. Perhaps the takeaway is that BR and SC are indeed the incredible deals we know them to be.   

3 hours ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

Fair question. It's tricky because the products are different and there's something to be said for the creative/design efforts of MF, not to mention that MF and SC target different customers. I'm not sure about differences in cutting & sewing costs despite the collaborative manufacturing efforts. Perhaps the takeaway is that BR and SC are indeed the incredible deals we know them to be.   

Firstly I’d like to put this on record - I love both brands and own items from each of them. 

personally I don’t think Christophe’s creativity costs more than let’s say the folks at toyo. I do think there’s cost in importing fabric to manufacture in the US and that manufacture in the US for MF costs more than it does to Toyo Enterprise. However to my humble and uneducated opinion, the bias in both does not create a 150$ difference with price range. My personal thought is that MF is slightly overpriced with some garments while BR and SC can be a bit underpriced at times(especially in Japan) and that’s why we see the big difference in pricing. 

Maybe it's a volume thing as well?

Whatever, if it's worth it to you, that's where the value comes in. No way i can rationally explain to anyone else how my mf cowboy jacket is 10x better than a mall jacket* but I wouldn't trade 

* actually on reflection I think I probably can but the point still stands I think. Most of what we discuss here isn't objectively better, in terms of performance or longevity, than other clothing, so we're paying for provenance, or soul, or similar. Otherwise I guess we'd all just be wearing identical boiler suits and drinking soylent and so on. 

@JDelage I’m local. Should’ve hit Me up. What the BiN price? Haha 

11 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@JDelage I’m local. Should’ve hit Me up. What the BiN price? Haha 

No BiN but if you win the auction I will not charge you shipping. Although I realize that the crowds here and on the IH forum are, shall we say, curated, I have found that the pace of sales if much slower than on eBay. I'm trying to clear up space efficiently and sell items every week.

This being said, you do have the option to come check them out "live" if you want. DM me if that's the case.

B0F087A1-D0B1-42BE-99AE-4A70C2A29F4A.thumb.jpeg.873d84328895484b1a09dde594d344bf.jpeg3EFCF3C0-3AAC-4F17-841C-E5F618E4C1CA.thumb.jpeg.cd8411ecb651d4720670df6ab3f5b999.jpeg

broke this out of storage a while back. They have stretched out quite decently! The lack of back pockets still bother me because I tend to put things in my back pockets. 

Still my only piece of mr freedom... found on eBay cheap. I think maybe someone took the cargo pockets off, but I can’t find any evidence of them ever being there.

144FA786-E9BD-45C5-BE00-E15F4CD94E7D.jpeg

64060F93-1FC9-4957-824C-5B560961DDE5.jpeg

13 hours ago, cheapmuthafukr said:

Still my only piece of mr freedom... found on eBay cheap. I think maybe someone took the cargo pockets off, but I can’t find any evidence of them ever being there.

Those never had a cargo pocket.  We had those in 2009 or so, they were not easy to sell due to the lace-up rear yoke...

Edited by kiya

6 minutes ago, kiya said:

Those never found a cargo pocket.  We had those in 2009 or so, they were not easy to sell due to the lace-up rear yoke...

Yeah, I can see that. I like em.

Posted (edited)

Another week. Wash and dry 

tPyDv8m.jpgMRinM5k.jpg

Edited by shredwin_206