thinkfilm28

Mister Freedom

Not I. But I did pick up a madras fabric shirt from eBay which I love. I think it is from ‘15 or ‘16. Not much jumps out at me either from the new stuff. Although the restock of the Lot 64s in the Okinawa denim has me itching for a pair. 

Yea I should say the denim and denim jackets are always great but the other pieces have t done much for me. 

23 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

Anyone grab anything from the newer MF collections? I haven’t really been into the last few collections. 

Have the naval chinos San Pablo. I like them very much.

Posted (edited)

@Broark

Thanks for posting the new catalog.

Really love the 15-oz Cotton/Linen HBT “Le Vaillant” for Tropical wear.

Edited by Pedro

I really like the canvas Mulholland Master and the M-35 shirts. The Midnight Ranch Blouse and Lot 64s are nice too.

Definitely veering back towards my MF tastes, especially with the midnight releases.

Lovely selection... I find a lot to like this year.

I like (but do not need) the Mecano jacket. That HBT fabric is lovely, but it's a bit too light / open for a coat in my experience (I have the Belleville in the same material).

The Tonkinoise in dble indigo & ranch blouse in midnight look great.

The olive cord jeans look great but the sizing will have to be tip-top, given the lack of belt loops...

The tea-core Campus looks awesome, and so does the Mulholland, esp. when oiled (or waxed).

Just a word of warning so people can avoid any disappointment.
I found these MF tiger camo swim trunks in Japan and bought them recently. They looked like this when I initially got them:tiger-shorts-sorry-front-lrg.jpg?crc=379
And I wore and swam in them twice, and now they look completely different. Guess I have desert tiger camo swim trunks now? :mad:
You can see the original color still holding on at the waistband...
ctJs0BL.jpg

Well, at least the apology is sewn onto the shorts beforehand. 

Premeditated apology. :rolleyes:

@Broark I can totally understand why you would be upset. However, I think they look kinda cool, like a vintage pair of tiger camo that has been sun-bleached. I'd embrace the wabi-sabi nature of them.  Was it a chlorine pool that you swam in? 

I actually think they'll look good when they've faded and settled a bit more. Worn camo looks cool. 

@kicks79 it was a chlorine pool, which I'm thinking that's the culprit. I just wish I could've gotten more than two wears out of them before such drastic color change.
By comparison I've had the indigo stripe swim trunks from MF for years and they haven't faded nearly as much after a lot more wear.
It won't stop me from wearing them, I was just hoping they would stay a little more green for a little while.

You didn’t happen to pee in the pool whilst wearing them did you? :D

Isn't that what pools are for anyways? :huh:

Posted (edited)

Is it wabi-sabi or just an error in the choice of dyes?

Agree thats what pools are for.

Edited by Pedro

Some new F/W stuff just hit the blog. This indigo/black ranch blouse is incredible. 

Ranch-Blouse-Midnight-1.jpg

Good catch, cusswords, some really nice stuff!

I fully expect to see some Indonesian guys fully decked out with indigo/black MF denim on Instagram in a few weeks. The fade potential here is too great, and those guys love high contrast stuff. 

15 hours ago, Pedro said:

Is it wabi-sabi or just an error in the choice of dyes?

Well, I would say its simply the chlorine bleaching the fabric. My friend has had the same shorts for a few years now, with no problems.

I've had boardshorts bleached by chlorine pools before. This one pair of light blue ones that almost became see-through springs to mind! :blush2:

I have those same tiger camo board shorts for 2-3 years now. Swam a lot and the color hasn’t changed at all on mine 

That’s why I find it kinda weird that I swam in them twice and they look totally different. I don’t think the pool I was swimming in was that heavily chlorinated, but I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Broark said:

That’s why I find it kinda weird that I swam in them twice and they look totally different. I don’t think the pool I was swimming in was that heavily chlorinated, but I could be wrong.

Have you emailed Mister Freedom about yet?  Might be worth it to let them know about the shorts changing colors.

@mlwdp not yet, since I bought it from a Japanese vendor. Might be worth letting them know though.

20% off sale from Mr. Freedom this weekend, tempting me to pick up that Okinawa Ranch Blouse...

Not worn this much this summer as being breaking the CSF type 1 in but it’s still a favourite...

48692563521_e28183a7e6_b.jpg

48692087283_2cdc23e096_b.jpg

Edited by MJF9

I cracked and got the okinawa ranch blouse during the sale. Crazy how different the denim is on this compared to my Okinawa 674 jeans. It looks like the website denim description is incorrect? The site says 50/50 cotton, sugar cane blend but my tags say 80/20

I took advantage of the Labor Day sale and some store credit to complete my Okinawa tux! ( I would have a pic for y’all but I am still getting the -200 error message.)

^ nice one... if you set up a Flikr account, you could post using the URL and unviel your new tux!