MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

youve actually just shaken my foundations, cause you are more knowledgeable about this stuff than i am ill take your word. from pictures id seen it always seems like the natural stuff is more stubborn.

it's hard to pin it down exactly, but that apparent stubbornness may not be due to the inherent colourfastness of the indigo dye [natural vs synthetic/pure indigo], but because of the technique they employ. being dyed on a hank, number of dips...all these affect the degree to which indigo is shed...

it's hard to pin it down exactly, but that apparent stubbornness may not be due to the inherent colourfastness of the indigo dye [natural vs synthetic/pure indigo], but because of the technique they employ. being dyed on a hank, number of dips...all these affect the degree to which indigo is shed...

maybe someone should test this. i cant think of a brand that makes a perticular cut in a synthetic and a natural, but some if there is someone should try fading a natural, and someone with similar fading prowess does a synthetic. wait i just thought of a brand, sda, they do the 103 cut in natural and synthetic, im pretty sure. someone, not me my fades have never been great, should try and see what happens.

The difference between the two breaks down along these lines: Core Dyed Yarns vs. Surface dyed yarns.

Surface dyed yarns are only indigo coated, the core of the yarn remains white. As the outer layers of the yarns are worn away, the white cores of the yarn show through, creating contrast fading. Surface dyed yarns are most often chemical indigo. Chemical Indigos are darker and purer in comparison to botanical dye. It requires less saturation of dye to acheive a dark color. There are surface dyed natural indigo models out there however, a new one out by samurai in presale now I beleive.

Core dyed yarns are Indigo saturated all the way through with Indigo dye. They are dyed more times, each time the yarn becomes more saturated with dye, and darkens. In these instances, as the warp threads abrade, there is not a white core revealed, just more indigo dyed yarn, hence the stubborn fading. Natural Indigo is, by nature, impure and lighter in color. More dips are needed to acheive dark color, core saturation comes along with that process.

thanks for the pics, and i must say again how impressed i am with the p coat. I hope i will have the chance (and the funds) to purchase one. thanks!

I saw the peacoat over the weekend. It is beautiful. They soaked the display jacket for a few minutes and it was standing up on its own, arms bend slightly forward. I might have to drop the big funds and get one myself. The rest of the stuff looked really good as well.

Apart from little bits released by Mister Freedom himself there isn't much info about them yet.

But trust me when I tell you that they are again very nice, lighter (both in weight and colour) than the current pair, so ideal for summer, and loaded with new quirky details.

page5so4nb5.jpg

Mr Freedom and Self Edge will be the only ones carrying them in the States and I believe they are scheduled for March...

Hope I didn't say too much, or little...

The jacket through Hinoya is $230 cheaper than what the dude in the store told me it was going to be sold at. Wow. Looks like i'll get it through Hinoya then.

I'd hold off buying from Hinoya..

The American retail price is nowhere near that much more than the Japanese price.. If i remembered correctly it's only ~$65 more.

I'd hold off buying from Hinoya..

The American retail price is nowhere near that much more than the Japanese price.. If i remembered correctly it's only ~$65 more.

Ok. I was pretty shocked when I saw the price on Hinoya. I was told these would be $679 in store at Mister Freedom. Maybe the price went down since then but that's the last I heard from them.

That's actually a $160 difference after paying Hinoya the shipping fee..

Regardless, i think the American retail price might be lower..

The jacket isn't even out yet, i think it's a preorder page.

That's actually a $160 difference after paying Hinoya the shipping fee..

Regardless, i think the American retail price might be lower..

The jacket isn't even out yet, i think it's a preorder page.

Oh ok. They had a stack of about 4-5 of them at Mister Freedom available for purchase but that might just be for them. I'll have to call them back and see what the actual price is going to be.

ive been doing a lot of computations and price cnvassing the past few days... and i cam acrooss the sc x mf work pants after comparing it to us prices japan prices are still lower even if i go with a proxy... its just me.. maybe

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM