MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

Thanks guys, I think it's clear now how excited I am about these jeans.

Regarding what Horribly said, I do not in anyway intend to push these jeans, I just think that it's such a unique pair that they deserve good documentation.

(but to answer your questio, they cost me roughly 400 bucks shipped to Amsterdam)

And Horribly, I understand what you mean about these being a bit "kooky" when fresh. But as the below pics illustrate, they become personal quite fast.

1102293239_12a586456a.jpg

raw

1329978025_8d45036bc1.jpg

53 days

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding what Horribly said, I do not in anyway intend to push these jeans, I just think that it's such a unique pair that they deserve good documentation.

(but to answer your questio, they cost me roughly 400 bucks shipped to Amsterdam)

And Horribly, I understand what you mean about these being a bit "kooky" when fresh. But as the below pics illustrate, they become personal quite fast.

53 days

Sorry, I didn't mean that you sold them in a negative sense. I think you just showed how nice these jeans are in a good way.

They really do get better with age too. Keep them rolled, by the way!

I don't think there's any functional advantage to them being on the outside. Rather, they were porbably put there so that they could incorporate more of the different denim into the jeans (I think some of it is Edo Ai, some of it Okinawa Denim, etc.)

btw: Cotton, these are a great pair for you. I think they suit your quirky dress sense very well! Not really for me, but looking forward to seeing them develop.

great evolution cotton!

I really like the idea of outside pockets (and the whole wrap around pocket aswell.. hadent really understood how they where designed before). One plus point of outside pockets over inside is that keys and stuff like that doesnt hurt your legs. Pocket bags usually isnt as thick as the denim itself.

• 1 month later...

Gave these a 99 days wash, just chucked them in the washingmachine at 40 degrees with black detergent, and drip dry.

Took quite a couple of pics with a borrowed camera but they are so bad that I'll spare you those.

Did want to show this, left wraparound pocket, carried something around in the back part that eventually ripped through the fabric, decided to patch with some Evis fabric I had.

Please excuse the crappy pics, they don't represent the colour at all:

1848242020_d3e3c4ab5c.jpg

1847417243_61ca847c31.jpg

1329978025_8d45036bc1.jpg

53 days

It's interesting how the right side faded much faster than then the left.

It really shows how much denim matters in fading.

What sugarcane denim is used in the left and right pockets?

Is it new denim or is it denim from other models?

The jeans are constructed from the Okinawa, Hawaii and Edo Ai denim.

The knee patch, inner part of the button fly and one half of the buckle strap are Edo Ai.

Each leg is different but I'm not exactly sure wich is wich (I'll have to ask Mr Freedom) and if I'm not mistaken the left pocket uses the denim of the right leg and vice-versa.

Also the direction of the weave on the pockets and knee patch is horizontal.

Do take into account that I've been wearing a pouch on my belt on the left side, often with keys attached to it, so that contributed in the fading on that side.

• 2 months later...
What really amazes me is to see how these pants look great on 2 people who could'nt be more different...

I second that completely. Though I wonder if its just a beautiful coincidence, cause I could imagine a lot of people that those jeans would not look so great on.

Self Edge will be stocking the entire line of Mister Freedom garments..

The items are amazing and beyond words, Christophe has gone beyond anybody's expectations and i'm personally honored to be able to stock his work at my store.

I'm so into the jeans, the denim bag, and the denim shirt... I neeeeed them for myself, soon. very soon.

I checked out Mister Freedom on Monday. Not only did I enjoy checking out all the great vintage clothing and boots, but I was fortunate enough to pick up one of the last (two size 40's remain, I believe) pairs of the SCxMisterFreedom's. They are amazing in so many ways, and are definitely something new and interesting for me. I got to see most of the new line, and it looks great as well. It is a nice and refreshing experience to encounter something that has all the vintage elements that comprise the design of these pants while at the same time being completely new and original. A big thanks to Cotton Duck, Bill, and Christophe, if not for the various pictures in this thread of these jeans working well in a number of different situations, I am not sure I would have had the confidence to pull the trigger on what I think might end up being one of my very favorite pairs of jeans.

Congratulations on getting those, you might have to adjust a little to them at first but you'll grow to love them real quick.

Now,

I got a new wallet in SF and since it sticks out of my backpocket I figured it smart to attach it to my jeans with a lanyard. Only thing is that the beltloop I wanted to attach it on was a little too wide. Nothing the Duck can't solve though

(please forgive the washed out pictures, don't represent the colour at all...):

2197922204_b046bb3f4e.jpg

Here's another thing,

talking to Christophe last week about my jeans I told him that I kept track of the days I've been wearing them. I do it in my diary but he asked if I did it prisonstyle with stripes on the inside.

I thought that was a very nice idea, but decided to change it a little.

So after a couple of hours catching up, here is the back of my lower right leg.

177 days, 1 wash (at 99 days marked with red):

2197133569_487fe74955.jpg

From now on at the end of every day I've worn them I will add a stitch, and to be able to do that properly here's a small sewing kit I quickly made. It goes in my left back pocket.

2197133755_fb141f6b9c.jpg

2197133929_c66a519bac.jpg

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM