MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

4 minutes ago, scooby said:

Just a fit update to show how nicely they’ve stretched in 2 weeks. Great fitting jeans. The midnight denim is a nice addition to my wardrobe

7C07E436-2280-4840-B858-E63C1A47F85A.thumb.jpeg.b7773752680cd58840437a9c5c415e69.jpeg

B9F1F87F-7287-4C12-B387-040450AE0B8B.thumb.jpeg.afdef974ad6ebbe0701e9540d0b65946.jpeg

Looking awesome!!!! 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the collection in person a few weeks back and it looks a lot better in person. I didn’t expect to particularly like the satin jacket but in person it was super nice, the fit seemed solid and the price was really good too. Obviously it takes a certain type of person to rock a full sweatsuit. I wasn’t sure what to expect going in based on the preview photos but walked out of the meeting very pleasantly surprised and excited to see the final products. Sportsman collection looked good too. 

I like his jeans and some of the jackets, his take on old nautical pieces etc. Some are really fantastic. But to my mind these are pieces that haven't really improved over the years if you're looking for good offerings - the best stuff is still just the best replica (or replica with a twist) that a designer can come up with (ranch jacket - great twists!).

But as someone who is in athletic gear 5 days a week for functional purposes, and doesn't really think it looks all that great for general purposes I don't get the repro of all this stuff - I could say the same for Warehouse - another one of my favorite jeansmakers. Athletic gear now is way better than the stuff from 40 years ago. Training in an old school sweatsuit or trackpants is miserable compared to the fabrics you can get now. Just not for me I suppose. 

Reminds me to get my ranch jacket out though... 

17 hours ago, CSL said:

AlientoyWorkmachine  I'm curious. Why are modern workout clothes better? Are the fabrics more breathable? 

More breathable, lighter, more durable (as you can imagine this stuff gets washed constantly), wick moisture better, more supportive and also just more comfortable to train in. And in the case of designer/fashion oriented reproductions like this - a better value IMO. 

Depends on what you want out of your gear I guess but the only times I would wear vintage training gear stuff for actual training is if I were feeling more masochistic on a particular day. And even then, I wouldn't pay for the fashion version of it. Then again I usually train in my basement, I suppose if you go to a gym to be seen maybe the calculus is different. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It’s been sat on the shelf for a while but thanks to the weather I can enjoy my MF Map shirt, though if it cools off anymore I’ll most probably enjoy it more with a jumper over it. 
8E5CA672-FCBF-4C44-8FF2-D5FAF8BF0EAF.thumb.jpeg.49e85488e2ac80816807bb5338e24ff7.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Grabbed myself the new ‘version’ of the MF jacket, good for my shoulders especially in the larger size, so the body and sleeves don’t ride up so much. 
97D625F2-F90F-40BC-8906-547D9BE9ABE6.thumb.jpeg.1bc750a7134b1d72596d67109d234891.jpeg

London Transport Museum was my office for the day, lovely place. 

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a pair of Californian Lot 54BB awhile ago from MF in 36W since thats my SC waist size.

What the heck?

Not even washed yet and can’t pull my legs through them. Were these modeled for the assless man? The fit is absurd. They are truly a strong 35” inseam and far too tight in the glutes and thighs. These things are tighter than Brooke Shield’s Calvin Kleins.

I tried googling for am image of an “assless man” and I warn you now that 99% of the images are of assless pants and fully assed men.

This is the only family friendly image I could find.

F1B565B1-DD02-4CC6-B215-63A44CA409EC.jpeg

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

I bought a pair of Californian Lot 54BB awhile ago from MF in 36W since thats my SC waist size.

What the heck?

Not even washed yet and can’t pull my legs through them. Were these modeled for the assless man? The fit is absurd. They are truly a strong 35” inseam and far too tight in the glutes and thighs. These things are tighter than Brooke Shield’s Calvin Kleins.

I tried googling for am image of an “assless man” and I warn you now that 99% of the images are of assless pants and fully assed men.

This is the only family friendly image I could find.

F1B565B1-DD02-4CC6-B215-63A44CA409EC.jpeg

May seem obvious but did you look at the measurements? They've got some of the most accurate ones I've come across - I've ordered 3 pieces from the store and everything was exactly as it says it was, within like .1 inch at least. I do find the waist sizing to be similar to SC - but different cut will make a big difference.  Anyways, they do exchanges.

The lot 64 I have is one of the best slimmer cuts I've found though I have to say. 

Hmmm...I can’t remember if I checked measurements or not, although I typically do. I am surprised the website calls the Lot 54BB as having a “roomy leg and generous waist”.

I just can’t believe these dimensions would fit anybody other than maybe someone who plays college ball. 

To make matters worse, I went through my inventory and found I actually bought two identical pair still raw. 

Thankyou for your response.

Edited by Pedro

2 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

I have found that the MF tend to run quite snug in the arse and thighs. I have a pair of the lot 64 though. The 54 I thought were roomier. 

This is strange to me. I wear a 29 or a 30 depending on my mood - but when I wear a 29 it's always the thighs that are a problem, not the waist - though I am not big I guess I train enough for my legs to be proportionally bigger than my waist. Anyways, the size 29 lot 64 is, I think, the only slim cut where the thigh is generous enough for me. It's slim on my thighs don't get me wrong, but I can wear it - rarely the case for any other unless it's a truly roomy cut.

Long story short - I find the opposite - the MF "slim" is the more generous cut for a given waist size. 

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM